MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 26.0° F  Light Snow
Collapse Photo Bar

Running Up Behind the Wheel

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Running Up Behind the Wheel

Postby Michael Patrick » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:50 am

Thor Crapp, 23, was arrested on charges of possession of heroin.

Wow, that's, uh, quite a name.... :shock:
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:07 am

If the Pink Dragon goes up on the bike path you gotta chase it. That's all there is to it.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:36 pm

This new generation of junkies is disturbingly young. I've got socks older than some of these kids. In my day junkies got dead more often than they got better.
Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Madsci » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:44 pm

These young junkies are not much different from the ones I knew who died in the 70s. Just a different war going on.
Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:31 pm

At least these folks never got the chance to turn the ignition key:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... 03286.html

Must be some extra strong horse in town these days!
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:49 pm

I see channel3000.com is covering the rash of incidents about driving while mainlining.

Madison Police See More People Driving After Using Heroin
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:52 pm

Thanks to Sgt. Paul Jacobsen and the paramedics for saving two people's lives last night.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:03 pm

david cohen wrote:Must be some extra strong horse in town these days!

I suspect it is the amateurs hooked on oxys who can no longer get them and come to Madison for the cheaper and more easily available H.

Legal (with prescription) Oxycontin is basically synthetic heroin and creating more addicts than heroin ever will today.
eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby eriedasch » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:09 pm

Last line of the article:
They said overdoses continue to outpace last year's numbers, and they don't believe the trend will slow as more young people become hooked on prescription painkillers, a gateway drug to heroin.

Yet doctors will continue to give the stuff out like candy and the police will continue to arrest marijuana users in record numbers. What a great way to address a very serious problem affecting young people today.
eriedasch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:47 pm

Running up behind the wheel?
Bad dog.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:17 pm

They say that "almost" only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, but.....

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... 03286.html

dude had his 2 yr old in the car when he killed this pedestrian while tweaking on methadone.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:49 am

Damn another one..and closer to my hood, to boot!

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/c ... 03286.html

Fits the pattern of an out of towner, in town to score, can't wait to get home to do his deed!
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bleurose » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Agree with erie based on personal experience with docs prescribing oxycontin, seemingly without thinking about what they are doing. The paternal unit fell and dislocated his shoulder which required some serious manipulation to get back into its proper slot. After I picked the old man up from the hospital, I asked if there was a prescription to fill. Yes, there was and it was for oxycontin to help him sleep for a few nights. It was written out for a 30 day supply, 1-2 tabs per night, with 3 more refills authorized!!! Dad used it for about three nights, no more than one pill per night and that was all he needed. I asked him what he did with the rest and with a straight face, he said he sold them on the street :shock: . He loved to yank my chain that way :oops: . Anyway, he flushed the rest, not my first choice, but at least he got rid of them.

I mean, come on - here is a 70 something and this doc is handing out a prescription for 4 months worth of oxycontin without a second thought.
bleurose
Forum Addict

Postby snoqueen » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:12 pm

That's how HMOs make money.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bcs89 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:55 pm

bleurose wrote:Agree with erie based on personal experience with docs prescribing oxycontin, seemingly without thinking about what they are doing. The paternal unit fell and dislocated his shoulder which required some serious manipulation to get back into its proper slot. After I picked the old man up from the hospital, I asked if there was a prescription to fill. Yes, there was and it was for oxycontin to help him sleep for a few nights. It was written out for a 30 day supply, 1-2 tabs per night, with 3 more refills authorized!!! Dad used it for about three nights, no more than one pill per night and that was all he needed. I asked him what he did with the rest and with a straight face, he said he sold them on the street :shock: . He loved to yank my chain that way :oops: . Anyway, he flushed the rest, not my first choice, but at least he got rid of them.

I mean, come on - here is a 70 something and this doc is handing out a prescription for 4 months worth of oxycontin without a second thought.

Absofuckin'lutly Bullshit. Every fucking word.

First I had to listen to someone talk about how Docs "hand these (Oxycontin) out like candy" - pure bullshit IMO - but open to debate, I guess. But this "story" from bleurose about Gramps getting a 4 month supply, and leaving the actual dosage ("1-2 tabs per night") up to him, is way the fuck over the top. Why do people feel the need to make shit like this up?
You CAN NOT get a refill of this drug. Period. You need more? Go back to your doc and get a new script. Period. It is illegal to have a script for Oxys with "refills" - if you were to walk in to a pharmacy and show them a script with refills they would call the cops because they would know it was forged. Not to mention the fact that only a handful of Docs in any given area would even give a prescription for the stuff - and when they do, it is for Long Term Chronic Pain Relief - not temporary pain relief. Most Doc's wouldn't touch this stuff with a ten foot stick - if only because of the liability issues that go along with it. About the only place you will find a Doc willing to prescribe it is in a Pain Clinic (a place that deals with people who have long term pain issues, like say Cancer, or debilitating injuries that can not be corrected).

So, to sum up, You are either completely wrong about the drug prescribed to Gramps, or are lying through your teeth. Most likely you read an article somewhere and felt the need to chime in.

I challenge anyone here to run this scenario given by bleurose, by their MD's, and see what S/He says.

There are more problems with the "story" here, but to hell with it.. Again, ask a doc - when they have stopped laughing, come back and post their response.
bcs89

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines