MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, October 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 51.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Going out of business (yet)?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Going out of business (yet)?

Postby indycoyote » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:11 am

What's up with that Audio Depot place across from the Caribou on E.Johnson? That fucker's been "going out of business" for over a year according to his "signage"..I thought there were laws against "going out of business" sales in perpetuity? Will he ever go out of business??
indycoyote
Forum Addict

Re: Going out of business (yet)?

Postby Bad Gradger » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Bad Gradger
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Petro » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:40 pm

I'm pretty sure that's he's been going out of business for longer than I've lived here.

I'm working on my fifth year in town.
Petro
Forum Addict

Postby juanton » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:42 am

Yeah, that creepy dude been pulling that going out of business crap for a long time now.

Yet, now he really is closing his physical store front to open up a Amazon based store front.
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:37 pm

Jack's Shoes on State Street used to have a continuous going out of business sale. After doing so for a decade or longer, then AG Jim Doyle cracked down, saying they had six months to either close up shop or take the signs down. The signs came down. Current AG Van Hollen probably has other things in his mind.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby cxl01 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:30 pm

Henry Vilas wrote: Current AG Van Hollen probably has other things in his mind.

Yeah, like a desire to see state government go out of business.
cxl01
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Audio-Depot » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:11 pm

L.O.L.!!! I only wish I had found this sooner. While it is true that Audio-Depot started a Store Closing Sale many years ago when we lost our lease due to the pending sale of the building, the sale was ended and the store re-opened after the building changed hands three times in a single month and the resulting new building owner provided a new lease. The signs came down and the Store Closing Sale was over. That being said,

1) Audio-Depot has NEVER had a Going Out Of Business Sale (Huge difference from a Store Closing Sale)
2) Audio-Depot told walk-in customers about the upcoming closing in 2011 for months, but did not officially announce or begin the Store Closing Sale until March 22nd 2011, as evidenced by the press release that you can find all over online that announces the start of the sale
3) Audio-Depot's lease was to expire June 1st, but the building owner gave Audio-Depot a two month lease extension
4) Audio-Depot officially closed at the end of June, just a little over 3 months after starting the Store Closing Sale.
5) By the time the first post in this thread was made on August 11th, Audio-Depot had been closed for over a month and had already vacated the building!

I only felt the need to set the record straight here because I still hear haters talking smack about the closing to this day. I think many of you know who starts these and other rumors, though perhaps it may not be the case for this particular post. However, the timing of this post does happen to coincide with a small rash of made-up negative reviews posted online in late 2011 that all appear to have been made by just one or two persons...

While I will miss the wonderful loyal customers who supported the physical store--many of whom still buy from Audio-Depot online and through the Madison office--I will certainly not miss the gangs of shoplifting thieves or the smack talkers spreading stupid rumors about myself, my employees, and my business. Good-Bye! Adios! Au Revoir! Ciao! I welcome the rest of you to visit Audio-Depot online. Thank you for reading this.
Audio-Depot

Return to Catch All