MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, August 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 78.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Delivery Pizza

Where are you eating and what do you think? What's opening, closing, succeeding, failing?

Re: Delivery Pizza

Postby beenie » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:08 pm

wack wack wrote:When someone tells me that Glass Nickel is good pizza, I know they don't know much about pizza.

And when someone tells me that Glass Nickel is better than Rosati's, I know they don't care about good pizza.

Again, all about preference. I know good pizza, I care about good pizza, and I much prefer GN to Rosati's.

I miss Casa Bianca.
beenie
Forum Addict

Postby Exploding Pinto » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:57 pm

Holy LDL levels, that's a lot-a delivery pizza. Why not stay with us at least a couple more years, ay?
Exploding Pinto
Forum Addict

Postby evansvillehousewife » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:37 pm

What about Ian's? Why is that not New York style? Their mozz/basil/red onion is pretty good.
evansvillehousewife
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Michael Patrick » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:04 pm

My wife and kids like Glass Nickel, I prefer Rosati's. Which means we eat Glass Nickel, except on my birthday...
Michael Patrick
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:29 pm

LargeMarge wrote: When people discuss pizza delivery, I always think of this article from the Onion:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/everyo ... ery-p,504/
That's Pizza Pit on East Wash and first, right now. You used to be able to order items not listed on the menu there not too long ago.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby barney » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:38 pm

So, who does do a good Sicilian style? (Or maybe it's not Sicilian style?) Either way, sometimes I want crispy/flaky crust, toppings out to the edge, cut in to squares. Any recommendations?
barney
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:21 pm

Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby hellogoodbye » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:53 pm

I really liked Anna's in Sun Prairie. Slightly sweet sauce. They don't deliver to Madison so I drove out with the family. Reminds me of some of the mom & pop places I grew up eating at in the south suburbs of Chicago. Closest pizza I've found "up nort" that reminds me of my all time favorite pizza from Aurelio's. Gotta have the box cut, it does taste different from slices. Not sure why exactly but Rosati's has been off every time I've had it in Madison, the IL locations are better IMHO.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/annas-pizzeria-sun-prairie

http://aureliospizza.com/
hellogoodbye

Postby Coplay » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:09 pm

The only good pizza in Madison is on State St. at Pizza di Roma. Everything else here is poo. However, since I live on the east side I have limited choices so I go with GNickelbag. They are fast but their pizza is usually burned or blah. I've totally given up.
Coplay

Postby lukpac » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:27 am

Stebben84 wrote:There is one food I hate discussing and that's pizza. I personally love very thin crust Sicilian style which I grew up with. Nothing in town is that good. Square cut by the way.

Greenbush (although square cut is luck of the draw)? Cafe La Bellitalia will do really thin, but you have to explicitly ask; their normal "thin crust" isn't quite so much. "Extra thin" usually works.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bcs89 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:19 pm

babelfish wrote:fisticuffs reference to tony & maria's validates his taste in pizza somewhat for me. i'm no big fan of glass nickel, but i will say it is better than the crap rosati's put's out. i like falbo's and picasso's OK, but my favorite is maria's in oregon...proof that for the best pizza you have to go outside of madison

Damn you! Now I wont be able to sleep with out driving out to Oregon..incredible pizza.
bcs89

Postby MagPie » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:11 pm

hellogoodbye wrote:Reminds me of some of the mom & pop places I grew up eating at in the south suburbs of Chicago. Closest pizza I've found "up nort" that reminds me of my all time favorite pizza from Aurelio's.

If this is true, I will be a very happy girl. LOVE Aurelio's and miss it terribly.
MagPie

Postby kimm » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Poor Picasso's always gets left behind in the pizza chatter due to the location. They are probably my Madison favorite for thin crust. You can get thicker crust there, but I've never tried it.
kimm
Forum Addict

Postby MoneyMogul » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:33 pm

I'm new in town, where can I get a good pizza?
MoneyMogul

Postby kimm » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:02 pm

MoneyMogul-If you read this thread, most of the good recommendations lie within. And without knowing what you consider good pizza, it's hard to give you a recommendation. Wisconsin is a conglomeration of all sorts of pizza styles, so there's a little of everything in town.
kimm
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Restaurant News & Reviews