MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Monday, December 29, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 24.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Dental Health Associates vs Madison Family Dental Associates

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Dental Health Associates vs Madison Family Dental Associates

Postby Ashley » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:33 am

My dental coverage recently changed and I'm going to switch to one of these providers. Anyone have experience with these?
Ashley
Forum Addict

Re: Dental Health Associates vs Madison Family Dental Associ

Postby Madsci » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:07 am

As a user of GHC, Dental Health Associates has been my provider of dental care for the last 29 years. I would highly recommend them.
Madsci
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:59 am

I have GHC. They're ok, but they do feel a bit like a factory operation. It's a real shock to go there from a single-dentist practice. Their locations are their main downfall for me, though. Very inconvenient if you live in central Madison.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:38 pm

fennel wrote:
It's a real shock to go there from a single-dentist practice.

All their dentists are married?
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:58 pm

Have been at Dental Health Associates since the mid 80's. Have had nothing but good experiences with them. Dr. Tim McConville is the dentist I see, and he has always done a good job. The office folks and receptionists have also been helpful, hygenists have all been good as well. Their appointment software/procedures was the only glitch I can think of (you could only make appointments 4 months out), and they fixed that over 5 years ago. Kids have never had any complaints either, and one of them tends to find fault with *everything*.

I would also recommend asking for one of the hygienists that has the "Cavitron". It is this thing that combines sound waves and water to replace 90% of the "scraping of the teeth with sharp metal objects" portion of the process. Maybe it is common everywhere else, but my hygienist only got it 4 or 5 years ago. Highly recommended.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:47 pm

Brett Veerman is my dentist at the Fitchburg location of Dental Health Associates. I've got nothing but good things to say about him so if you're in Fitchburg consider that a recommendation.

The only problem I've ever had with them wasn't Dr. Veerman's fault. I have Dean Health and when I needed my wisdom teeth pulled, Dean said it was a dental insurance issue and Humana said it was a health insurance issue because you need to see an oral surgeon. Cost me a pretty penny to pay for four extractions out of pocket, but I guess that's just how it goes.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:52 am

i think one of those two places recently gave me a fluoride rinse with 36 hits of acid in it...my suggestion would be to visit each place with the same problem within a period of 72 hours or fewer and see which one gives u the best script.

i would suggest not filling either until after u complete your experiment -- this week the quisling at the counter asked for my driving license when i went to get a box of numorphan* amps, i am assuming thanks to the frog-in-the-saucepan narcotic script database approved by the previous rat bastard communist son of a bitch nazi frat boy pinhead legislature...if one, like my people and i, have always had 100 per cent legal and in-the-spirit-of-the-law dealings with pharmacies, they should be even angrier than the forgers that this is alleged to catch to be to catch, because it all just means that things are going to get mediaeval, as the kids say these days, for doctors and legitimate chronic pain patients...in case folks don't know, with the fax machine and dea database, wisconsin has had a de facto old-time quintuplicate system (yes like the ones the legislature voted down at least twice since 1915) in real time since the late 1980s...if one remembers the rash of people going into pharmacies with guns or bombs or caustic chemicals looking for m or d or other narcotics circa 1989, that was the ivory-billed woodpecker moment for forgers (who should have their nuts cut off as far as i am concerned) and the quote from the dodge county sheriff about people without insurance being really suspicious is more to the point -- ja, more trouble for poor people and foreigners thanks to the man. fuck all those bitching motherfuckers.

* "it's like getting a blowjob from god" --u.s. national phamarcopoeia, 2007, quoting the original german patent from the 1930s.
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Catch All