MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 18, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 21.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Quite possibly Limbaugh's worst moment ever

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Quite possibly Limbaugh's worst moment ever

Postby kurt_w » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:58 pm

I am obviously no fan of Rush Limbaugh, but this is quite possibly the worst and most appalling moment in his routinely appalling career:

Obama Invades Uganda, Targets Christians

In the broadcast, Limbaugh repeatedly attacked the President for "targeting" the Lord's Resistance Army. Limbaugh defended the LRA, approvingly read to his audience a propaganda statement from the LRA about its own "objectives", and suggested that this is part of some kind of a war against Christians.

In reality, the LRA is perhaps the ugliest terrorist group in existence, led by a psychotic megalomaniac who has been compared to Charles Manson, except that this latter-day Manson has slaughtered many thousands of people.

Reasonable people can disagree about the decision to send US military advisers to the region. Most people, if they are aware of the situation, would at least agree that helping Uganda and its neighbors wipe out this gang of psychotic murderers would be an admirable thing to do.

But Limbaugh's enthusiastic endorsement of the LRA itself, and his reading their propaganda aloud on his broadcast, are simply disgusting. To him, this is just an opportunity to attack Obama, and he doesn't care if doing so means publicly aligning himself with a gang of psychotic murderers.

Incidentally, the "Lord's Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act of 2009" -- which provided Obama with the authorization to assist Uganda against the LRA -- was sponsored by Russ Feingold, drew 64 co-sponsors from both parties, and passed the US Senate by unanimous consent last year.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Quite possibly Limbaugh's worst moment ever

Postby rabble » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:14 pm

I seem to recall something about those guys kidnapping children for sex and cannon fodder. Lemme see here...

Ah. Here we go.

Christians indeed.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:14 pm

You know what's really the kicker here? If you google on limbaugh lra you get dozens of news sites but the lamestream is extremely obvious in it's absence.

Nobody from the majors is touching it.

Boy. This guy's got every "bipartisan" news agency by the balls.

"NOBODY fucks with Limbaugh, I'll hand you your heads within a week you piss ants! I say what I fuckin feel like and you'll shut the fuck up when I do it!"
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:09 am

Of course that could be just an indication of how inconsequential he is in the real world.
peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby gozer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:46 am

i agree that it was his worst moment ever...i figure that he is losing his marbles. from the beginning, his show had a small left-wing and apolitical following, myself included, because the show had a vaudeville-like quality to it, but it has long since turned into just a three hour rant and now this...the decline reminds one of the american mercury...

president obama didn't need to make up that balderdash about security interests...he could just say "these are 400 or so very bad dudes, we have to smoke them on general principle..."

now of course the question arises who is going to be next. as bad as the régime in syria is, the only other really strong groups of people now are even worse and just toppling bashar al-assad will be like opening a can of soda, only the result is going to be something awful...
gozer
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:21 am

I love the fact that right to the end Russ Feingold cared about stuff that no one else in the Senate would have bothered to address ... and that even in the most hyper-polarized of times he could get 64 of his colleagues, including some Republicans, to sign on as co-sponsors.

Can someone tell me what Ron Johnson has done since y'all gave him Feingold's job? Because somehow Ron's senate career isn't getting much coverage outside Wisconsin ... and when I look at his website, all I can see is generic partisan hackery. What great wisdom am I missing?
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby peripat » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:14 am

Well I did read that he has put some work in to assure that Louis Butler is not confirmed as a federal judge.
peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:27 am

peripat wrote:Of course that could be just an indication of how inconsequential he is in the real world.

That's a nice thought but we all know it's not true.

He creates the consequences he wants to create and none of them have the slightest negative impact on his salary or his ratings. It is foolish to pretend otherwise.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:47 am

People finally did get burned out on Glen Beck. Maybe Limbaugh will have the same fate, in the end. I'm not holding my breath for it, but anything can happen.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:59 am

rabble wrote:Christians indeed.

You know else called himself a Christian? this guy:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/2 ... 10379.html

And I'll bet his manifesto includes the Norwegian translation of 'femi-nazi'.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Headlines