MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 30.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

Is Lakeside Fibers Closing?

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Re: Is Lakeside Fibers Closing?

Postby sorjuana » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:30 am

My parents bought me a gift certificate at Lakeside Fibers, which is now owned by the woman who owns The Knitting Tree. She refuses to honor my $80 gift certificate as it was bought under the previous owner. There was NO notification to people who had gift certificates that they would be unusable, and I know they kept a list of who purchased the certificates. I'm out $80 and will only be shopping at The Sow's Ear in Verona and Stitcher's Crossing in Madison.
sorjuana

Re: Is Lakeside Fibers Closing?

Postby city2countrygal » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Stoughton's Main Street now has two specialty shops that sell yarn: Woodland Studios and the newly opened Spry Whimsy Fiber Arts at 171 W. Main St. This new shop is really cool because they offer classes and have a selection unusual fibers and yarns, including yarn from the owners' own alpacas! Very beautiful stuff! I'm not a knitter but I do like local products. I have been to Lakeside Fibers a few years back, but only for the coffee. Also, this weekend is Stoughton's Victorian holiday festival.
city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Town Vibe