MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, August 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 77.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

The Hussy, Arkoffs, Bad Cop, Sons of Atom, Jan. 14, Crystal

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.

The Hussy, Arkoffs, Bad Cop, Sons of Atom, Jan. 14, Crystal

Postby minicat » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:38 pm

Some way early warning, folks.

It's looking like this will be a cassette release for the Arkoffs. We reserve the right to not actually get our shit together, however.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Re: The Hussy, Arkoffs, Bad Cop, Sons of Atom, Jan. 14, Crys

Postby rrnate » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:43 pm

The stage SUITS you Mini.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:55 pm

I'll suit you
Attachments
jan 14smallest.JPG
jan 14smallest.JPG (36.4 KiB) Viewed 1546 times
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:40 am

Wow, el hypo exchango is deado lately.

So let's pimp some january action!

It's looking more and more certain this will be a TAPE RELEASE party for the Arkoffs. Cassette is everyone's favorite format ... right?
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby supaunknown » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:01 pm

My car stereo only plays micro cassettes.
supaunknown
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:21 pm

a hipster-off between the arkoffs and digibot is probably the funniest thing ever.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Now that you guys have both temporarily employed my highly impressionistic saxophone stylings, you are officially hip.

Similarly, I liked you both way more back in the day before you sold out and got a cheeseball horn player.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:09 am

Confirmed: this will be a dual release party. Arkoffs tape and Sons of Atom CD.

I guess we should finish them now.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:02 pm

The Hussy, The Arkoffs, Bad Cop, Sons of Atom
9:30 pm, Saturday, Jan. 14, 2012
Crystal Corner Bar
1302 Williamson Street, 256-2953
www.thecrystalcornerbar.com

Do you like the rock and roll? Yes? Then you'll want to come to the Crystal Corner on Saturday, January 14, and witness four bands bring it ... the rock. And I ain't talkin' about Dwayne Johnson. Two bands, Sons of Atom and The Arkoffs, will be releasing new recordings for everyone's buying pleasure!

The Hussy: Madison based two-piece weirdo turkheads. Stooges meets Oblivians. Punk meets garage meets '60s pop. A rare NON-Mickey's Tavern appearance at the Crystal Corner bar finds the duo struggling to come to terms with having to play on a stage of that magnitude. The band will probably end up barricading itself in the green room and refuse to come out. Hell, that green room is where the band's second 7" cover photo was taken. They've probably been stuck down there ever since. The band's debut LP Cement Tomb Mind Control was released in June 2011 on Slow Fizz Records. The followup LP Weed Seizure comes in early 2012 on Tic Tac Totally Records with a slew of 7"s on other labels to follow. Now we know the answer to W.W.R.A.D.? He'd leave the Isthmus.
http://www.facebook.com/thehussyknowsall

The Arkoffs: Because nobody was asking for it, The Arkoffs (with the beneficent assistance of Kind Turkey Records) will be releasing a new recording at this show, on cassette. Yes, cassette. It'll also be available digitally for those who ask nice, so don't panic (at http://www.kindturkeyrecords.com). Top Teen Hits will feature many of the "favorite" cover songs "requested" by our "fans," as well as a few "originals." Will Schabow be referenced? Of course. Will The Arkoffs perform at a King Uszniewicz level? EVEN BETTER. The cassette features many guest artists, but they'd be embarrassed if we said who they are. Some of them may appear at the show in disguise.

Bad Cop: Nashville's best kept secret. In a city full of burgeoning garage bands, Bad Cop is no stranger to rabid live shows. Their debut record, Harvest The Beast came out on ROIR! Records last year to positive reviews. They run the premier current house venue "Mt Swag," as well as the Jeffrey Drag Records imprint (which will be releasing a split live tape of The Hussy and Useless Eaters. Both the sets were recorded live at Mt. Swag during house shows). Bad Cop just issued a digital "six-pack" that features three tracks, and three accompanying videos of said tracks. Now with a new lineup that's grittier but still pummeling, the band is gearing up to release their second full length.
http://www.badcopmusic.com

Sons of Atom: Have been playing shows and stockpiling new songs for a couple seasons now, and will be releasing their debut CD, Recipe For Disaster, at this show. SoA offers up political commentary and pop culture critique in the form of a punch to the groin. The group includes players from other local bands past and future such as digibot, The Kites, The Low Czars and John Ashcroft Fan Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sons-of-Atom/251142174905557
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby defactobrigade » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:21 pm

I came on this here site to promote this show only to find bob has already done so. I love doing shows with bob. Thank you!

And yeah this will for sure be the tape release! AS WELL AS THE RELEASE OF TWO NEW KIND TURKEY 7"s that have been sitting collecting dust in my closet until our distributor decided when they wanted it released (that and the Pharmacy who wanted to wait until right before their big US tour supporting the release).

WOOT!
Sample the new 7"s here:
The Pharmacy:
http://kindturkey.bandcamp.com/album/dig-your-grave-ep

The Lonesome Savages:
http://kindturkey.bandcamp.com/album/all-outta-love-ep
defactobrigade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:00 pm

I've heard a copy of the Arkoff's Top Teen Hits, slipped to me by a North Korean double agent I'm working. Believe me when I tell you, it is a weapon of musical destruction.

Packed with too many surefire, guaranteed #1 singles, it is hard to overemphasize how it will change the planet's, no the solar system's, musical landscape for years to come.

As for proof, the weakest of these psyche shattering hits-to-be is sung by the dreamiest member of the troop and was a #3 hit for Shaun Cassidy in 1977. That's the WEAKEST on the record, folks. You have be forewarned.

On my list of top ten records of 2012, Top Teen Hits is number 10 through 1. All other bands should just forget it now and make no releases until 2013 to save themselves the misery and shame.

This show will be bigger than the US Festival. Be there and be square.
Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby 7 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:59 pm

minicat wrote:The cassette features many guest artists, but they'd be embarrassed if we said who they are. Some of them may appear at the show in disguise.

By disguise you mean sweater vest, tie and a mask that looks like a nerdy guy playing a saxophone?
I've seen that guy somewhere...he's trouble.
Forum Addict

Postby defactobrigade » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:18 pm

bump this bitch. can't wait. bad cop is NOT to be missed. Wild young band from Nashville!

Facebook event:
http://www.facebook.com/events/340361352647579/
defactobrigade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby defactobrigade » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Hey! The Arkoffs are now sorta on the internet:
http://www.kindturkeyrecords.com/artists/arkoffs

Going to add a track from the tape there momentarily.
defactobrigade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:09 pm

I guarantee Meade, HamsterArmageddon, Ned Flanders, bdog and/or Christian Schneider will not be there.

Blaska is invited, though.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Hype Exchange