MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 39.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: John Doe probe of Walker makes another move

Postby Dangerousman » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:48 pm

It's interesting that another thread on here is called "WSJ's misleading headline."

Just what makes this John Doe investigation an investigation of Walker? I've only seen mention of people who used to work for him. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:55 pm

You're quite right. It's not an investigation of Walker. Just everybody on his staff.

I'm sure he had no idea any of that stuff was going on. That's why Van whatzizname is working so closely with the feds.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:42 pm

rabble wrote:You're quite right. It's not an investigation of Walker. Just everybody on his staff.

The people who were working directly for County Executive Walker. And the ones who were actively working on the campaign for candidate Walker.

Why would you think Walker himself was involved? I resent the implication.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:10 pm

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/138210634.html

Aaahh... we can all sleep a little better tonight. Walker tells reporters he does not think the ongoing John Doe probe is targeting him.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Gibe » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:24 pm

THE SCOOP: The Capitol has 7-8 police in the rotunda... There are enough eyewitness reports from the "regulars" that it is confirmed that there were upwards of 100 police at the Capitol about an hour and a half ago... There was also a Hummer spotted by Craig Tilmylastbreath Spaulding and crew with the logo Mandli and a weird thing on top... Mandli uses thermal imaging to find out how many people are in a building hidden or otherwise... Police are either in basement or elsewhere... Rotunda was not very busy when I left... Something tells me it may not be the same way all night...

Anyone have more info?
Gibe

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Complaint Gives Details On Secret Investigation

...One of the women, Kelly Rindfleisch, is accused of emailing Cullen Werwie numerous times on county time while he was campaign manager for Brett Davis, an unsuccessful GOP candidate for lieutenant governor in 2010. Werwie is now Walker's spokesman.

During work hours between February 2010 and early July 2010, it says, Rindfleisch sent more than 300 emails to Davis and 1,380 fundraising emails. The John Doe also turned up more than 1,000 emails between Rindfleisch and top staffers on Walker's 2010 campaign during work hours over the same period.
numerous doesn't quite cut it...lol.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Gibe wrote:From: http://www.facebook.com/DefendingWisconsin

THE SCOOP: The Capitol has 7-8 police in the rotunda... There are enough eyewitness reports from the "regulars" that it is confirmed that there were upwards of 100 police at the Capitol about an hour and a half ago... ...

Anyone have more info?

Shortly after 5 pm I was at the west end of Willy St. First I saw two cop cars running hot and going fast -- they were eastbound on Willy and turned off on the Jenifer St bus lane. This is unusual because cop cars don't generally use that lane. I lost sight of them after that.

Just a very few minutes later I was in my car facing west on Willy around Blount St and I had to pull over and stop on the left for two vehicles running hot and going west. I can't identify them. They weren't cop cars, but they weren't the Willy St fire truck either. I was paying attention to pulling over safely so they could pass, not to identifying them. Sorry about that.

At the time I thought how weird it was having vehicles with red lights on, in a big hurry, going both east and west on Willy St.

I don't know if they were coming from or going to the Capitol. I was more thinking someone had fallen through the ice or something of that sort. The time coincides with the time mentioned above, though.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:18 pm

More meaningful is this rather funny transcript of investigative reporter Daniel Bice of the Milwaukee J-S answering questions from his readers in a chat:

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/138157709.html

We're not the only place that gets trolls who can't distinguish lie from lay, I see. Bice replies with class and answers a few serious questions as well.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:53 pm

I heard there was a rescue on the ice in front of the Monona Terrace.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:49 pm

snoqueen wrote:More meaningful is this rather funny transcript of investigative reporter Daniel Bice of the Milwaukee J-S answering questions from his readers in a chat:

http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/138157709.html

We're not the only place that gets trolls who can't distinguish lie from lay, I see. Bice replies with class and answers a few serious questions as well.
Excellent read...
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:02 pm

Another interesting detail...
http://uppitywis.org/blogarticle/timing ... taff-runni

Russell had left the position of Deputy Chief of Staff on March 15, 2010 and the "no more campaign work at work" email came two months later on May 14, 2010.

In other words, at the time Walker gave the order to Russell, he had no official oversight capacity over the County Executive Office staff indicated in Walker's email-- his only role at the time was as the defacto head of illegal campaign operations in the County Executive's Office...
Reading the Rindfleisch complaint: http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/ ... 963f4.html

So far it says that Rindfleisch was hired as Deputy Chief of Staff on March 15th, the day after Walker's email to Russell, and the same day Russell stepped down.
Last edited by jonnygothispen on Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Good observation by this blogger. Why was Russell even working in Walker's office at that time, if he had no official position? The most obvious possibility is he had a concealed "position" which seems to have been managing Walker's campaign operations, since Walker was calling on him to discipline workers who were carrying out campaign operations.

All of which makes it harder to argue Walker did not know campaign operations were going on.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jonnygothispen » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:15 pm

... add the 1,000 campaign emails exchanged between Reindfleisch and Walker's top aides during normal working hours, from a desk 25 feet away from Walker's ... How in the world does he get away with claiming he didn't know this was going on?
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby juanton » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:18 am

Jesus, just finished reading the Reindflesch complaint this weekend. Wow. Walker, and I'd probably say Huebsch are toast.
juanton
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:22 am

It's almost as though they're doing it slowly just to watch him sweat and/or see if he makes any panic moves.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government