MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 78.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Time to lock this thread

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: TDPF: whites only

Postby HamsterArmageddon » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:31 pm

Looking backward and making sure everyone knows that slavery happened is a favorite pastime of white Madison liberals, and apparently the emerging Obama campaign. Of course politicizing it by claiming that it was all white people's fault and moving the distant past into the dissimilar and removed right-here-and-now is a popular gotcha tactic. Ahhh the ease, simplicity, and irony of covert racism. No wonder the isthmus tabloid and its fan base can't get enough of it. Because worrying about what happened generations ago should be the most important thought on everyone's mind right now in the presence of white Madison liberals.

Forget about eating, there was slavery! Pay attention or you're not as white as I am for caring!

A new slave database should keep white Madison liberals busy for weeks:

http://unknownnolonger.vahistorical.org/

It's important that white people who were never involved should never be able to move past the past. That's unthinkable, its too politically easy. White Madison liberals will make sure of that, using your tax dollars.
HamsterArmageddon
Forum Addict

Postby jasonx5 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:07 pm

city2countrygal wrote:
jasonx5 wrote:Nope, din't [sic: didn't] say they were worse, just that they were not exactly the same as Hitler

Twisting words? Keep it simple, jasonx5.
You did imply they were similar, no? To what degree?

Here is a guy who has taken some time to write out many similarities. You decide, or would you rather deny the similarities?
[url]blackgenocide.org/abortion.html[/url]
jasonx5
Forum Addict

Postby city2countrygal » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:55 pm

Hamster, I think I like what you are saying, but I'm not really sure I totally understand. I liked the link, and thought it was appropriate for February: black history month.

Can I ask you to clarify a bit? Because I do want to understand.

Can a white person both accept the past mistakes and move forward by knowing the country still has work to do for equality and yet try not to let that affect how they live their lives by learning from the past mistakes of this country's forefathers (note masculine form intended, but I will not exclude women) by living our lives by treating each other with respect and equality on an every-day basis? Including trying to provide for those less fortunate, which should not been seen in the defensive (as in because they need a handout or special treatment). Are those fair questions, from a different perspective?
city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:58 pm

HamsterArmageddon wrote:Looking backward and making sure everyone knows that slavery happened is a favorite pastime of white Madison liberals.....

....It's important that white people who were never involved should never be able to move past the past. That's unthinkable, its too politically easy. White Madison liberals will make sure of that, using your tax dollars.

Just out of curiosity, and assuming that you're referring the laws & policies that came out of the civil rights movement, what makes you think they are meant to compensate for slavery? I realize that's a very common idea in some circles, but I don't see any basis for believing it.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby acereraser » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:10 pm

jasonx5 wrote:
city2countrygal wrote:
jasonx5 wrote:Nope, din't [sic: didn't] say they were worse, just that they were not exactly the same as Hitler

Here is a guy who has taken some time to write out many similarities. You decide, or would you rather deny the similarities?
[url]blackgenocide.org/abortion.html[/url]

I think she wants to know exactly what she asked you, not whether or not someone else has a website.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jasonx5 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:45 pm

acereraser"[quote="city2countrygal wrote:

I think she wants to know exactly what she asked you, not whether or not someone else has a website.[/quote]
There is one vote for denying the similarities. Any others?
jasonx5
Forum Addict

Postby jman111 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:49 pm

The idiocy continues.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Time to lock this thread

Postby city2countrygal » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:02 am

Before I move on with my new stone soup outlook, I wanted to address the link that Jasonx5 supplied, because I did take a look at it while I was on a mental sabbatical last week. I realized that we both see a similar problem: unwanted pregnancy.

Liberals choose to respect a women’s right to have control over her body, where conservatives want to deal with the problem by trying to control women (or sex, or men, or whatever they are doing by not realizing sexuality is normal and healthy). Sexual expression is a trait that we will not escape as part of the human race because as humans are also part animal. If we look to the animals, we can see all kinds of natural forms of sexuality and parenting. Animals are amazing in that way.

So if we decided not to escape from or punish the forms of sexuality, and perhaps even celebrate them, like a peacock’s feathers, then we can start by addressing the problem together.

I think starting with free condoms is a start. Wherever, everywhere, anywhere. Waaaay back when I was in college we could go to the health services and get them. It was great. Why wouldn’t people use them if they were available and free? Why not make them biodegradable while we’re at it, huh?

Reducing the pregnancy rates will address the problem from the start (by using birth control), instead of dealing with the problem after the fact (pregnancy) and denying our own humanness. It will also allow everyone, including children, to have a happy and healthy sexual life by celebrating all its glorious forms (or colorful feathers).
city2countrygal
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com