MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 71.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Brenda Konkel would like y'all to use your real names, 'kay?

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Brenda Konkel would like y'all to use your real names, '

Postby someone else » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:55 pm

rabble wrote:You became an embittered warrior, lashing out at evil haters, hunting them down, one by one, snuffing the life out of their forums until...

Oh, sorry. Was that out loud?

What made you think this was your forum and not the whole communities? Do you feel entitled to some sort of special treatment because one little douchbag decided he liked you? Brenda is right, and believe me I'm one of the last people who wants to agree with her. This bullshit autonomous dictatorship of online media community discourse has to end.

Next time you are out in the real world, sitting in a bar on Willy Street or where ever, bring up TDPF and see what kind of response you get if you really want a good laugh. It shouldn't be this way. This forum should be a way for everyone who reads The Isthmus to feel welcome to communicate.
someone else
Forum Addict

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:05 pm

This coming from someone who wont give his really name. You're hate is apparent. The lack of you providing you're name is cowardly.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:09 pm

someone else wrote: You could have been Marc Zuckerberg or Tom Anderson, this forum was here before they were and you fucked it up.

Your posts are becoming increasingly awesome, but this is my favorite part. I mean, I was as hopeful about online community as anyone five years ago, but you're way beyond that.

Just for fun, who the hell are you? Just send me a note on Facebook or something if you don't want to reveal it here. I promise I won't reveal your identity if you don't want me to.

And doesn't the whole appeal of Willy Street bars lie in the fact that they're NOT "out in the real world?"
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby someone else » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:11 pm

Stebben84 wrote:This coming from someone who wont give his really name. You're hate is apparent. The lack of you providing you're name is cowardly.

Sure I admit I hate the management of this forum. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't. Jason knows my real name. Go to the facebook discussion if you really care, Steve. Otherwise, your post is just another example of entitlement.
someone else
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:24 pm

someone else wrote:Jason knows my real name.

Really sorry to say that I don't.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby someone else » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:25 pm

jjoyce wrote:Just for fun, who the hell are you? Just send me a note on Facebook or something if you don't want to reveal it here. I promise I won't reveal your identity if you don't want me to.

And doesn't the whole appeal of Willy Street bars lie in the fact that they're NOT "out in the real world?"

Yes the Willy Street reference was a smug and I drink there all the time. If I ever see you there, I will say "Hey everyone, this is that little hitler that moderates the forums for the Isthmus" and sit back and watch you get your ass kicked.
someone else
Forum Addict

Postby someone else » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:32 pm

jjoyce wrote:
someone else wrote:Jason knows my real name.

Really sorry to say that I don't.

That's interesting, Jason, you are either a liar, or a liar, which is it? I posted a response on an article published here by The Isthmus and you vehemently claim on your facebook blog that Brenda was a liar because The Daily Page doesn't allow anonymous posting.

Jason's facebook wrote:It's fashionable for local politicians like Bridget Maniaci and bloggers like Brenda Konkel to slam the professional media these days. Of course, when they're taken to task for their own inaccuracies, they're rarely apologetic. For example: Brenda gets Isthmus' commenting policy wrong in this post (we allow no anonymous comments), and implies a commitment to advertising dollars over quality (sort of like accusing a local politician of being in it for the attention and the drama). Think we'll get a correction?
someone else
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:38 pm

Keeps getting better.

So which part of Brenda's petition do you agree with most, the part about no anonymous posts, or the part about no offensive posts?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:43 pm

The hate you're spewing must be part of you're liberal side of being an independent.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby someone else » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:57 pm

jjoyce wrote:Keeps getting better.

So which part of Brenda's petition do you agree with most, the part about no anonymous posts, or the part about no offensive posts?

I didn't sign her petition. Did you?

My problem with the way the forums are run is that there is no cross check. If Jason Joyce doesn't like me (and you don't) and I don't like him (and I don't) there is no way for me to express my views or seek others views without getting past him. I'm not going to suck Jason's cock like his group of favorite forons do. This is not The Isthmus Forum, this is Jason Joyce's forum and it should say that on the top of the page. That is bad business. I hate The Isthmus because of it and refuse to advertise in it and don't read them anymore. I'd love to see you get fired, or burn in hell, which ever comes first. Since that isn't going to happen, I'm with Brenda in taking the forums down. Her petition is just the tip of the iceberg.
someone else
Forum Addict

Postby someone else » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:00 am

Stebben84 wrote:The hate you're spewing must be part of you're liberal side of being an independent.

I'm voting liberal for Dane County Board. I'm on the fence about Tammy because of Tommy, we will have to see how that one pans out because I like both of them.
someone else
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:21 am

someone else wrote:I didn't sign her petition. Did you?

I'm with Brenda in taking the forums down. Her petition is just the tip of the iceberg.

Well, then you sort of have to sign the petition, right?

I'm interested in what you propose as a "cross check"? Out in the "real world," I'd guess about 90-plus percent would find the above post deserving of a banning without question. Do you think your new pal Brenda Konkel would think it's acceptable? She objects to being told to go live in Alaska!
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:25 am

And what makes you think I don't like you? This is the most fun I've had on Forum in months! Without this and NASCAR I'd be stuck whittling or something.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:51 am

Speaking of NASCAR, look for those jet dry trucks to be out on the track from now on, caution or not.

It blowed up real good!
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:36 am

Just read the petition. If she's going to instigate something like this she really needs to pull her head out of her ass first. As Jason already told her, Isthmus does not allow anonymous comments and yet she implies in the petition that they do.

What good is it to use your real name when you can still pull shit like this?

Also, Brenda thanks Stu on her blog. Stu has long apposed anonymous postings on the forum but I find this proves he is also full of it:

Stu Levitan wrote:
Maeve wrote:She's a loose cannon. Saw her speak at the reception before the grand opening of the new Tenney Park Shelter (which replaced a timeless, architecturally significant structure and which will look awful in about 10 years), making jokes about the Landmark Commission and ingratiating herself to the good ol'boys - the new shelter honors the Wall family. That she's nearly illiterate as well as sophomoric is no surprise. She's our Sarah Palin alderperson.

What did she say about Landmarks Commission?
thanks,

Here you have an anonymous poster who associates Maniaci to Sarah Palin and "good ol boys" and Stu is quick to jump in and ask for MORE INFO because it suits him.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com