MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Thursday, July 10, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 80.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Wisconsin CCW licensee takes on armed robber

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Wisconsin CCW licensee takes on armed robber

Postby jonnygothispen » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:12 pm

rabble wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:I'd just buy one from a private dealer at a public gun show. Background check required? No. ID required? No.
That make it easier to buy a gun than vote, does it not?
I'm just tired of getting kicked out of the assembly for holding a piece of paper with the Constitution on it.

Isn't it ironic that they're closer to emulating Al Capone who said, “You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone" than the founding fathers who wrote the Constitution, in the name of the Constitution?

... except w/o the kind word.
jonnygothispen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:23 am

jonnygothispen wrote:
rabble wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:I'd just buy one from a private dealer at a public gun show. Background check required? No. ID required? No.
That make it easier to buy a gun than vote, does it not?
I'm just tired of getting kicked out of the assembly for holding a piece of paper with the Constitution on it.

Isn't it ironic that they're closer to emulating Al Capone who said, “You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone" than the founding fathers who wrote the Constitution, in the name of the Constitution?

... except w/o the kind word.

Oh come on, you can't get kicked out of better places than that? You ought to read that paper... it kinda does have stuff about guns. I realize you do have a reading comprehension issue, but still.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:25 am

jonnygothispen wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:
jonnygothispen wrote:You can't judge any issue using one example. And obviously, one "good" example still doesn't mean there should be open season for easy access to guns. Something D-man doesn't want to touch on.

Jonny, if you think guns have "easy access" then you must believe that voting has "way easy access." Do you?)
I'd just buy one from a private dealer at a public gun show. Background check required? No. ID required? No.

Hey, and go vote for your PTO president. No ID check.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:30 am

Dangerousman wrote:

False analogy.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:33 am

Henry Vilas wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:I just countered your one example with one of my own. And while your buddy (now serving 20 years for homicide) was open carrying (this was before Wisconsin's concealed carry law was enacted), he was a strong proponent for easing up gun laws. Just like you.

Oh really? Would you care to list which guns laws either Gonzalez or I have stated we want "eased up?"

Concealed carry. You both supported that "easing up" of Wisconsin's gun laws. Did you forget?

It changed the laws, it didn't particularly "ease them." It certainly didn't change anything regarding who can obtain or possess guns.

It did ease the law with regards to "electric weapons" however because now it's legal for people who could not previously possess them to do so.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:34 am

Henry Vilas wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:

False analogy.

Stupid response.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:38 am

Stupid response.

Speaking of stupid. Do you still agree with LaPierre that if Obama is given a second term he is going to stamp out your gun rights?
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:43 am

Dangerousman wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:False analogy.

Stupid response.

Is that all you have to say in defense of your pitiful comparison? How is buying a firearm at a public gun show without an ID the same thing as voting for a PTO president? Please elucidate, if you can.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:47 am

Henry Vilas wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:False analogy.

Stupid response.

Is that all you have to say in defense of your pitiful comparison? How is buying a firearm at a public gun show without an ID the same thing as voting for a PTO president? Please elucidate, if you can.

Very funny. The question is, is that all YOU have to say in defense of your accusation? You made the claim that it's a false analogy, so you have the burden of an explanation. I thought you said you took some philosophy classes...
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:50 am

Very funny. The question is, is that all YOU have to say in defense of your accusation? You made the claim that it's a false analogy, so you have the burden of an explanation. I thought you said you took some philosophy classes...

You argue like a 12 year old.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:52 am

Dangerousman wrote:Very funny. The question is, is that all YOU have to say in defense of your accusation? You made the claim that it's a false analogy, so you have the burden of an explanation. I thought you said you took some philosophy classes...

Guns kill. Felons are forbidden from possessing firearms. Without background checks and IDs, dangerous felons can get illegal (for them) weapons.

None of those things apply to voting in PTO elections.

Your turn.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:53 am

fisticuffs wrote:
Stupid response.

Speaking of stupid. Do you still agree with LaPierre that if Obama is given a second term he is going to stamp out your gun rights?

Speaking of stupid, look who's here now. Since you're here, why don't you back up your claim that I ever agreed with that characterization of Obama? In order to "still" agree with something I'd have to have first agreed with it, right?

Have you stopped beating your wife Fisti?
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:53 am

fisticuffs wrote:

You argue like a 12 year old.

Let me know when I reach a level you can understand.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:Very funny. The question is, is that all YOU have to say in defense of your accusation? You made the claim that it's a false analogy, so you have the burden of an explanation. I thought you said you took some philosophy classes...

Guns kill. Felons are forbidden from possessing firearms. Without background checks and IDs, dangerous felons can get illegal (for them) weapons.

None of those things apply to voting in PTO elections.

Your turn.

Henry, I swear you miss more points than Shaquille O'Neal at the free throw line.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Dangerousman wrote:I've got nothing.

Fix't.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines