MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 68.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

I don't need this kind of crap

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

I don't need this kind of crap

Postby kurt_w » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 am

I've got better things to do with my life than respond to juvenile trolling like this.

Meade wrote:That is true. And if you, snowqueen buy kurt_w and fistingcuff a few drinks at the bar and they then go have sex with you, they don't get a cent either.
So, technically, no, they did not whore themselves to you. But I'm curious -- in that situation, who pays for the condoms?

If this is the direction the DPF is heading, include me out.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Re: I don't need this kind of crap

Postby rabble » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 am

That was a low one, for sure. I can't think of a reason to say something like that except to try and piss off as many people as possible while lowering everyone's opinion of you at the same time.

Certainly it's not language someone would use if they were attempting to sway anyone's opinion.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:47 am

Indeed. Meade has attempted to persuade us that he is anti-personal attacks and in favor of only the most honest form of discourse on these boards.

Yet here he is clearly violating his own principles.

I would hope that this ISN'T where the board is headed and that Meade, moderate that he is, will show up and explain himself.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:51 am

I more offended by the threadjacking, straw man arguments, inability to answer direct questions, and repeated false talking points than I am a little potty mouth. This post isn't any less off-topic and nonsensical than anything else Meade has written.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:54 am

I think he's pushing the limits to see if he gets banned. He can then tattle to Althouse who will post a scathing blog about TDPF.

He's now on my blocked list. Bye Meade, congrats on only being the 2nd person in many years to make that list.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Endo Rockstar » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 am

jjoyce wrote:Indeed. Meade has attempted to persuade us that he is anti-personal attacks and in favor of only the most honest form of discourse on these boards.

Yet here he is clearly violating his own principles.

I would hope that this ISN'T where the board is headed and that Meade, moderate that he is, will show up and explain himself.

I think Meade is missing an unspoken rule of TDPF. If you're going to dig on someone, you better make it entertaining and/or funny.

Being an asshole is one thing, being a dull asshole is crossing the line.

-Dan Motor
Endo Rockstar
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 am

The other unwritten rule is that you should leave the smart, interesting and constructive participants alone, and that definitely applies to sno and kurt, two of the best posters this board has had for years.

Again, my hope is that Meade will take it back. I don't find it in keeping with the spirit of his typical contributions.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ducatista » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:03 am

fisticuffs wrote:This post isn't any less off-topic and nonsensical than anything else Meade has written.

I think it's lamer than most of his posts.

Meade, like Ned, grows more snipey and less relevant when called out. It's a funny little defensive tell from seemingly confident guys.
Ducatista
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:25 am

The other unwritten rule is that you should leave the smart, interesting and constructive participants alone, and that definitely applies to sno and kurt, two of the best posters this board has had for years.

Glad to know you still hold me in contempt for some reason Joycie. Different standards for different forons. No wonder people have been questioning your administrating (note that I haven't complained about it until now).
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:32 am

Fist: You freely and eagerly engage in the mud throwing around here. You're as crass as anyone and parrot talking points with the best of them. Also, you've never met a troll you didn't want to engage.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:00 pm

I'm being disciplined for writing this?:
That is true. And if you, snowqueen buy kurt_w and fistingcuff a few drinks at the bar and they then go have sex with you, they don't get a cent either.
So, technically, no, they did not whore themselves to you. But I'm curious -- in that situation, who pays for the condoms?

1. Which are the offensive words? "Sex"? "Whore"? "Pays"?
2. If I'm not mistaken, all three of the forons I mentioned are people who courageously use screen names to protect their real selves from offense, embarrassment, stalkers, defamation, etc. while online. If I'm mistaken about that, I'll gladly apologize.
3. I sincerely apologize for letting anyone down in having used inferior humor in that comment. I'll consult the FAQ manual and reeducate my inadequate understanding of what it means to be humorous at TDPF and try never to use inappropriate humor again.
4. Jason, if this infraction meets your threshold for discipline, deletion, threat to ban, etc., then I only ask that you apply your standard equally throughout the forum. Otherwise, I think you'll have to agree, you really ought to be fired from your job of Forum Administrator. No, no kidding.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Meade wants to spins this 180 degrees and make himself the victim. It's his usual m.o.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:23 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Meade wants to spins this 180 degrees and make himself the victim. It's his usual m.o.

How am I a victim? Victim of what? I'm not a victim.
But I'm sure as hell not a victimizer either.
Try to understand this concept, Henry: There is no victim.
Last edited by Meade on Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Galoot » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:25 pm

Yeah, that "apology" was about as sincere as Rush's. Meade, you screwed that one up badly. I think adding you to my ignore list is a good choice. Your signal/noise ratio has dropped to near zero.
Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:29 pm

Fist: You freely and eagerly engage in the mud throwing around here. You're as crass as anyone and parrot talking points with the best of them. Also, you've never met a troll you didn't want to engage.

That's just like your opinion man. I doubt my fellow forons think as little of me as you seem to. It still doesn't justify a separate set of standards. Keep singling me out if you need a scapegoat for your piss poor forum management. I can take it.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com