MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 27.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

What the GOP really thinks about Obama

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: What the GOP really thinks about Obama

Postby pjbogart » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:48 pm

Clearly the illusion is that we even have a two party system. There is only one ruling class and they run both parties. Politicians both Democratic and Republican are nothing more than marrionettes dancing upon a stage for the entertainment of the powerless plebes. They have conditioned us like Pavlov's dogs to anticipate petty rewards in exchange for our unconditional loyalty, often distracting us with chemicals and attacking our senses to convince us that their elaborate illusion is in fact reality.

That's right, folks. It's Mountain Dew. Orange flavored soda with caffeine and food coloring to make us think it really isn't orange flavored soda. But I know orange flavored soda when I taste it.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:53 am

Man Calls Obama Muslim, Gingrich Doesn't Correct

During a question and answer session in Lake Charles, La., Wednesday, a man stood up and said that, among other things, President Barack Obama "is a Muslim."

"I believe that Obama is not stupid," the man began. "I also believe that, number one, Obama is a Muslim."

The man went on to say he also believes that Obama is a "student of Saul Alinsky," a man known for community organizing and whom Gingrich often calls out for his "radicalism."

The man did not pose a question but wanted a response from the presidential hopeful.

The former Speaker of the House answered the man, but he did not tell the man that Obama is not a Muslim.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:49 am

Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:00 am

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:44 pm

Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:04 pm

What about the Obama family CIA ties and the creepy staged quality to everything about them?
Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:13 pm

Stella_Guru wrote:What about the Obama family CIA ties and the creepy staged quality to everything about them?

Don't you mean the Bush family?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:39 pm

I was in my car tonight and turned on 92.1 (which I rarely do on the weekends but I was escaping Bon Jovi on the Charlie) and heard some goofy caller complaining about Obama signing into law some additional police powers shortly before the Trayvon Martin incident. Essentially, the woman was saying that Obama was using Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to stir up racial unrest so he could suspend the elections this fall.

She wasn't a racist, of course, and she had a few black friends.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:55 am

pjbogart wrote:She wasn't a racist, of course, and she had a few black friends.

Same for Obama.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:53 am

bdog wrote:
pjbogart wrote:She wasn't a racist, of course, and she had a few black friends.

Same for Obama.

MItt Romney isn't a racist, either. Some of his best friends own black people.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:23 pm

pjbogart wrote:Clearly the illusion is that we even have a two party system. There is only one ruling class and they run both parties .

you are a dangerous radical and need to be watched closely.

I'm not sure more parties would help much. Maybe, worth a try.

The Democratic party is no more captured by Wall Street than it was during FDR's reign, IMO. The Democrats have tried to do good for the peeps, Obamacare was a magnificent undertaking and achievement, in my pragmatic view. The Dems tried financial reform, were not able to get anything strong passed.

The Dems and Republicans are very different. The liberals within Dem party need to keep pushing points with the voters, just like the Tea Party has done so successfully within REpublican party.

We are on precipice of something potentialy very, very ugly. Have you had a sniff of the Paul Ryan budget that Republicans have united behind? They can push most of it through congress using reconciliation if they capture presidency and simple majorities. Be afraid, be very afraid.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Huckleby wrote: The Democratic party is no more captured by Wall Street than it was during FDR's reign, IMO.

During FDR's multiple administrations many constraints were placed on Wall Street, including the SEC. Regulations that were put into place during his terms have been eroded over the decades, especially by Republican administrations.
Last edited by Henry Vilas on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Huckleby wrote: The Democratic party is no more captured by Wall Street than it was during FDR's reign, IMO.

During FDR's multiply administrations many constraints were placed on Wall Street, including the SEC. Regulations that were put into place during his terms have been eroded over the decades, especially by Republican administrations.

Actually restraints on Wall Street and inequity in general grew after FDR, right up until the Reagan years. It has been all downhill since then.

Maybe you are right, I'm not sure how friendly FDR was to business compared to OBama today. I know that the broad-brush portrayal of FDR as a liberal activist is mythology. Wall Street bankers like OBama, but not corporate America in general, the financial sector isn't everything.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:14 pm

Huckleby wrote:
pjbogart wrote:Clearly the illusion is that we even have a two party system. There is only one ruling class and they run both parties .

you are a dangerous radical and need to be watched closely.

That may be true, but if it's in reference to the post you quoted, you might want to read the post again. I was mocking Stella Guru who seems to see conspiracy in everything.

If there was any confusion, I rescind my accusation that the Illuminati are attempting to control us with Mountain Dew.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government