MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, October 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 41.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Has anyone gotten tickets yet?

Comment on the Isthmus movie reviews, write one yourself, discuss upcoming flicks, recent DVDs, and other realms in the world of cinema.

Re: Has anyone gotten tickets yet?

Postby rrnate » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Heh - I do this too (in concert w/ Mrs. RRNate). This year's featured an ever-evolving series of thick and thin lined boxes, check marks and stars.

Plus some agitated cross-outs once we figured out some things had sold out while we dinked around with the less-than-fully-functional site.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Athena » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:01 am

I always pick up two paper copies of the guide, one for me and one for my husband. We mark them separately and then try to figure out which ones we're actually going to. We did it using the schedule grid and only marked that once we had everything figured out. By the time we get to the festival those guides are usually fairly difficult to read and we have to look at our tickets to figure out what we're actually going to.

I'm sure glad we didn't have nearly as much trouble with ordering the tickets as some people did. I do wish the festival was longer as we ended up with some hard choices since several things were playing at the same time.
Athena
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:17 am

Hey everybody who marks up their print guides: Send me a photo of your marked-up version and let me know whether we can publish it or not (if not, we'll just share them internally). And maybe there's a coffee mug in it for ya...

joyce@isthmus.com
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Athena » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:24 am

I sent in a couple of photos over the weekend. I hope there were some that were useable.
Athena
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Movies