MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 62.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

If you're gonna be a street waver.....

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

If you're gonna be a street waver.....

Postby narcoleptish » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:00 pm

With the possible exception of E Wash Octopus guitar kid, I can't believe that any business experiences an uptick after putting these folks out there. Some dude reading his phone, waving weakly towards the street is not a big draw for me. Monday, all I could see of the Statue of Liberty was a white hand and a head spike as she hid from the wind in a doorway.

And those inflatable head-snapping gumbys or whatever they are. I'm not going anywhere near that thing.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Re: If you're gonna be a street waver.....

Postby bdog » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:04 am

The guy with the $9.98 sign at the Octopus car wash on Park was shaking it like a polaroid picture yesterday.

He caught my eye. Did not stop though.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:15 am

narcoleptish wrote:With the possible exception of E Wash Octopus guitar kid

That kid absolutely rules. I drive by there on my way home from work, and I'm always disappointed when they have someone else out front. Around the holidays, he was out front air-guitaring in a full Santa Claus costume. Good times. Dude really takes his job seriously.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:33 am

I tend to despise air-guitarring as a thing, but that E. Wash guy gets a pass in my book. Seeing him out there in direct sun at rush hour is far more inspirational than it should be. (That being said, I've never gone to a car wash, but if I do, it'll be there, while he's doing it.)
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:13 pm

That kid is great. I ride my bike past him all the time and every time I wanna give him a high five. I knew I couldn't be the only one who singled him out. Much better than the lame Little Caesar's guitar people.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Stebben84 wrote:That kid is great. I ride my bike past him all the time and every time I wanna give him a high five.

As luck would have it, today is National High Five Day. It's the perfect day to show him some love.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:16 pm

O.J. wrote:
Stebben84 wrote:That kid is great. I ride my bike past him all the time and every time I wanna give him a high five.

As luck would have it, today is National High Five Day. It's the perfect day to show him some love.

My fucking luck that I didn't bike in today.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:28 pm

Stebben84 wrote:My fucking luck that I didn't bike in today.

Not necessarily. Have you looked outside lately?
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:01 am

O.J. wrote:

That kid absolutely rules. I drive by there on my way home from work, and I'm always disappointed when they have someone else out front. Around the holidays, he was out front air-guitaring in a full Santa Claus costume. Good times. Dude really takes his job seriously.

He was out front at Park St yesterday. It was so sunny and nice and he was rockin' out so hard I made a split decision and pulled in. The guy who pitches you the washes after you pull around was hilarious too... he cracked me up.

It'd been a while since I'd been to an Octopus and it was good to see such good customer service... so rare these days it seems. I did their cheapy 15 minute detail package to go with the wash and they knocked it out of the park for how cheap it all was. Plus all my change was still there when I left!

They'll get my business again for sure.

Oh yeah, and props to the rocker for giving it his all on such a fucking hot day too. That can't be easy.
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Town Vibe