MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, July 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Eating Babies

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Eating Babies

Postby Remember_Me » Mon May 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Kurt, you may want to skip this thread.

In news that will make you want to shut the blinds, go back to bed until next week ... there's disturbing news out of South Korea that since August, officials have found over 17,000 pills filled with human flesh, in particular the placentas and ground up bodies of dead Chinese babies.

Feel free to walk away from your computer and shake your head for the next few minutes. Perhaps as equally disturbing than the dead baby "bodies were chopped into small pieces and dried on stoves before being turned into powder." (Now you'll really want to walk away as we tell you that people were, as the Associated Press' Hyung-Jin Kim reports, consuming these pills as stamina and enhancement boosters and putting themselves at risk.

Read More...
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Eating Babies

Postby Ned Flanders » Mon May 07, 2012 4:13 pm

Well, it's better than puttin' 'em in a landfill, right?
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Remember_Me » Mon May 07, 2012 4:40 pm

I've seen the Matrix, surely there's a way to convert them into energy.
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Wed May 09, 2012 11:01 am

If only we could convince the Asian people of the positive health benefits of consuming mosquitos, ash borers, zebra mussels, and tea baggers. Then we'd be on to something.

Maybe after they've decimated all of the tigers, rhinos, sharks, bears, etc, etc..
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Wed May 09, 2012 12:03 pm

narcoleptish wrote:If only we could convince the Asian people of the positive health benefits of consuming mosquitos, ash borers, zebra mussels, and tea baggers. Then we'd be on to something.

Maybe after they've decimated all of the tigers, rhinos, sharks, bears, etc, etc..

This observation truly nauseates me. It's a good counterclaim to those who say "alternative medicine" doesn't cause any harm, and on a more profoundly sad level, evidence for the utter depravity of humankind. The fact that we as a species would drive extinct an animal like the black rhino, simply because there are enough superstitious fools who believe their horns will give them sexual powers, is sickening. It's Exhibit A for why I think it's important to speak out against unscientific ignorance.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Wed May 09, 2012 4:14 pm

What nauseates you? I'm not sure because I agree with everything you said after that. The first part was a joke, I didn't mean to imply a belief in the health benefits of rare animal parts.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Wed May 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Narc -- I knew you were joking. I was concurring.
What nauseates me specifically is that entire species have been driven extinct by foolish human beliefs with no basis in reality.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Thu May 10, 2012 7:50 am

Just to clarify- I didn't mean to doubt your joke sensing abilities, only making sure you knew we agreed.

I can't fathom people in this day and age seeking out tiger bones and rhino horns in the belief that it will make them stronger and more virile. Join a fucking gym. The same people probably take their kids to the zoo to show them a few of the endangered animals daddy hasn't ingested yet.

Here's some good breakfast reading: http://factsanddetails.com/china.php?it ... 1&catid=12
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Headlines