If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Re: Random thoughts

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:22 pm

Arizona is a mecca for yucca.
Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:06 pm

And the Yucatan is a mecca for you who tan.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Remember_Me wrote:If I'd a known that was you I would have said hi and invited you to my yoga class.

We're having trouble retaining members.

Veiled Lorena Bobbitt reference?
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:24 pm

I made the mistake of buying a bag of processed junk food at the Food wHole. "Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper" potato chips. Heh. While sea salt is the third ingredient, pepper is never specifically listed, and the vaguely termed "spices" doesn't occur on the list until rice flour and the euphemistically termed "evaporated cane juice" have been listed.

Generously allowing that one might consider rice flour only a binder – despite its apparent proportion – shouldn't the proper label read "Sea Salt & Sugar" potato chips? That's certainly how it tasted. Bleh!

Anyway, I'm off to the sauna to flog myself with spruce boughs. I had no business buying this industrial Soylent White when I could have just as well made something on my own.

A friend recounted to me that when she was a child, on special occasions, her parents would let each kid have a teaspoon of cider vinegar as a treat. They were all fond of sweets, but the rarity and intensity of the taste of vinegar seemed to excite their imaginations beyond anything else.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:33 pm

I wonder why there is no "Armed Citizens Defending with Feet" thread yet.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Fri May 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Just got around to reading through the stuff from my tax person. Seems I was supposed to mail in my state return even though I chose electronic filing and the fed return was apparently filed. Mmmmm.. I'm pretty sure I didn't mail anything last year? I swear the procedure changes every year with these guys.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Fri May 04, 2012 3:43 pm

I think I meant Hmmmm... in that last post. Mmmmm would be more of a wanting sound, right? There's also Ummmm, which would work I guess. I don't know, I guess I should really get those taxes in the mail, huh? Or is it eh?
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Fri May 04, 2012 3:45 pm

I think I'm going to have a bloody mary instead. Mmmmm..
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri May 04, 2012 4:16 pm

I think my tax guy e-filed the state return and I just sent in the check. Did I do that right?

Now you're making me wonder. I need a bloody mary too.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Mon May 14, 2012 9:22 pm

I watched CBS Sunday morning yesterday and found out Alex Trebec, hearing that a local hardware store was going out of business, bought the entire inventory and installed every drawer of hardware in his basement and garage.

And I thought to myself, how some rich people in their golden years will piss their money away.

But not Alex. He gets it.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Phil » Mon May 14, 2012 9:55 pm

If truth be told, I really don't like Radboy. He is rude, inconsiderate and not very sensitive to other people's feelings. Also, he drinks too much beer and then pees in the lake at the Student Union. I hate that.
Phil
Forum Addict

Postby narcoleptish » Wed May 16, 2012 6:58 pm

Have you ever noticed the unusual number of hatchets to be found at your typical antique store? We hit the Cottage Grove Rd antique mall a week ago and there had to be 50 little axes in that place.

You get a politically divided crowd in there on a Saturday afternoon, maybe a loud talker sharing his views......a heated retort from two aisles over.....things could get ugly.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Bwis53 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:26 pm

I thought I remembered every Bob Newhart. Lots of them don't seem familiar at all.
Bwis53
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Marvell » Fri May 18, 2012 2:35 pm

For reasons I'm reluctant to examine too closely, I find that I really miss the Jane Fonda urinal target at The Ideal now that it's gone.

Not in the sense that I missed the target. Oh no.

And honestly, I have nothing against Jane Fonda; I recognize the hideous misogyny implicated in its very existence; I fully admit that the whole thing was infantile and puerile.

That's exactly what I loved about it; the whole malignant stupidity of it, and that it was intended to be enjoyed by someone.

Well, it turns out that someone was me; I'd always look forward to going to the Ideal for two reasons - to play the jukebox, and to piss on Jane Fonda's face.

And now some asshole - a 'liberal,' no doubt - has scratched it off. Leaving only the merest sense of the original outline behind.

Every time I see it I haz a sad.

Jane Fonda Urinal Target - I miss you so. You were a dream too ugly to last.
Marvell
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sun May 20, 2012 7:53 am

I think people who don't like Dan Fogelberg must be assholes. that would be a good asshole test.

Do you like Dan Fogelberg? No? Asshole!
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Catch All