MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, July 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 67.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Senator Warren

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Senator Warren

Postby kurt_w » Fri May 04, 2012 2:26 pm

I think Elizabeth Warren will make a great senator. Of course it will be nice to see Scott Brown lose, but mostly I'm looking forward to having someone in the senate who will put the fear of God into Wall Street. After 2007-2008, the whole financial industry ought to have been put under a microscope. Instead, they've somehow managed to emerge pretty much unaffected by it all.

Consider donating to Elizabeth Warren's senate campaign today. It only takes a moment, and you can simultaneously annoy Ned Flanders, the GOP, and Wall Street. What's not to like?
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Senator Warren

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri May 04, 2012 2:39 pm

She'll stoop low enough to fake minority status, trampling true minorities, to advance her own career and standing. And her willing accomplices at Haaavaaad will play along so they can check a box. How very sordid.

I guess to a Democrat she's the perfect heir to the "Kennedy Seat" in the Senate.

Cheers!
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Fri May 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Yep, I already donated once. I expect it's time for another round. Time to hit up friends and neighbors, too. Warren is a mensch and remarkbly clear-headed.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat May 05, 2012 6:54 am

Mensch (Yiddish: מענטש mentsh, from German: Mensch "human being") means "a person of integrity and honor".[1] The opposite of a "mensch" is an "unmensch" (meaning: an utterly unlikeable or unfriendly person).

I did not know this word.

I think baseball's Randy Johnson is an unmensch.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:44 am

Records show that the leading Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate in Massachusetts identified her race as "white" on an employment record at the University of Texas and declined to apply for admission to Rutgers Law School under a program for minority students.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/1 ... 08060.html
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri May 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Damned with faint transparency.

The question is - which box did she check in 1987 when she took a job at the University of Pennsylvania Law School? And more importantly, how did Harvard and Pennsylvania law schools profit by her checking the box that gave her minority status? And finally, the question she needs to clearly answer: Do you support Executive Orders 11375 and 11246? Why or why not?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Fri May 11, 2012 3:06 pm

bdog wrote:I think baseball's Randy Johnson is an unmensch.

Whattaya got against the Big Unit, bdog, you mysterious piece of work? Now get busy and answer Meade's hyperbolic questions as only you can.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Thu May 24, 2012 8:44 pm

kurt_w wrote: I'm looking forward to having someone in the senate who will put the fear of God into Wall Street.

Just like wall street's biggest direct cash recipient (obama) did? :lol:

I don't think that fake indian can do it any more than the fake indian ward churchill can exist on a real indian reservation.
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:46 am

Via Breitbart:

In 1990, Rutgers University Law School Professor Philip Shuchman wrote a review of As We Forgive Our Debtors: Bankruptcy and Consumer Credit in America, the 1989 book Ms. Warren co-authored with Teresa Sullivan and Jay Westbrook. In his review, “Social Science Research on Bankruptcy,” published in the 43rd volume of the Rutgers Law Review (pages 185-244), Professor Shuchman assailed Ms. Warren’s academic credibility in a lengthy article that culminated in this hard-hitting charge (see page 187):

Most of their study replicates several earlier research publications. These are hardly mentioned. The writers make extravagant and false claims to originality and priority of research. There appear to be serious errors in their use of statistical bases which result in grossly mistaken functions and comparisons. Some of their conclusions cannot be obtained even from their flawed findings. The authors have made their raw data unavailable so that its accuracy cannot be independently checked. In my opinion, the authors have engaged in repeated instances of scientific misconduct. [emphasis added]
+++++
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... rvard-hire

Yeah, Fauxcahontas is perfect for "The Kennedy Seat"

Anyone care to join a pool as to when she withdraws her nomination? I am picking Labor Day weekend.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:03 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:Via Breitbart:

I should just stop here, but I won't.

johnfajardohenry wrote:Anyone care to join a pool as to when she withdraws her nomination? I am picking Labor Day weekend.

Withdraw because one guy criticized her? Jeebus we've got some new douche bags on the forum.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:21 pm

Meade wrote:The question is - which box did she check in 1987

The "high cheekbones" comment of her harkens back to the progressive planned parenthood's eugenics, where they measured the skulls of people to see if they were worthy of breeding.

The progressive era was so, well, progressive, high cheekbones and all.
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:14 am

So Stebbin,

Its all Breitbart's fault that 22 years ago a 60 page article about Warren's book criticized her academic honesty. Wow! Breitbart is dead and you are still pissing your pants over him. This is hilarious.

In any event, since you seem to think Warren will be the candidate in November, do you care to make it interesting?

I've got $5 that says she drops out by Labor Day. Perhaps because she wants more time with her family. Demmies seem very concerned about that this year.

One problem I see might be collecting. You know who I am (and in case you don't johnfajardohenry@gmail.com as in John Henry of Fajardo) but like other progressives here, you hide behind a nickname. If you want to put your money where your mouth is, you can drop me a note. I promise to respect your anonymity but I do not bet with the nameless. If you don't want to put your money where your mouth is, I can understand why not.

Especially after seeing democracy in action last night.

(I promise not to call for your assassination. I am a liberal, not a progressive)

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:24 am

In case you didn't get my reference to promising not to call for your assasination:

http://bit.ly/KgsDzS

Seems like a number of highly civilized progressive(?) Tweeters are calling for Scott Walker's murder.

I am sure everyone here disavows that, right?

Yeah, this is what democracy looks like to some. Can't win an election? Kill the "motherfucker" (not my word) who did.

On Wisconsin!

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:36 am

johnfajardohenry wrote:In case you didn't get my reference to promising not to call for your assasination:

http://bit.ly/KgsDzS

Seems like a number of highly civilized progressive(?) Tweeters are calling for Scott Walker's murder.

I am sure everyone here disavows that, right?

Yeah, this is what democracy looks like to some. Can't win an election? Kill the "motherfucker" (not my word) who did.

On Wisconsin!

John Henry

There's no point in killing one kochroach.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:22 am

For the sporting ladies and gents here, I offer another wager:

I've got $5 that says Obama withdraws from the election before election day.

Any takers?

Drop me a line if you are in.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to National Politics & Government