MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Thursday, July 24, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 69.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Hey Absentee Voters...

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Hey Absentee Voters...

Postby Remember_Me » Tue May 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Have the lines been really crazy?

Neighbor lady said she waited at least a half hour and things seemed pretty disorganized.

Between battling downtown, parking, and the wait, I'm wondering if I shouldn't just head to my local poll on Tuesday. It's just always swamped.

The elder folk running my local polling place got things down pat though despite the crowds.

Just don't mistakenly walk away with a pen... yikes!

Anyway, what was your wait time downtown?
Remember_Me
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Hey Absentee Voters...

Postby Shorty » Wed May 30, 2012 8:29 am

Sorry I can't help because I voted by absentee ballot. Free and zero wait time.

This was interesting. You can check your voting history and absentee ballot status here. Click 'Military/Overseas Voters - Check Absentee Ballot Status':

https://vpa.wi.gov/
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Wed May 30, 2012 8:50 am

Shorty wrote:Sorry I can't help because I voted by absentee ballot. Free and zero wait time.

Well get back there and do it again. And if you can't get your hands on some student's ID to do it, you aren't trying.

Actually, isn't absentee voting over? I mailed my ballot in.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby sallybell » Wed May 30, 2012 9:27 am

Remember_Me wrote:Have the lines been really crazy?

Neighbor lady said she waited at least a half hour and things seemed pretty disorganized.

Anyway, what was your wait time downtown?

I voted on Memorial Day. I was in line maybe 20 minutes total, and it was pretty organized. I've never taken advantage of early voting before, but I'm going to be pretty busy on election day.
sallybell

Postby Cornbread » Thu May 31, 2012 7:08 am

milwaukee teachers took a busload of kids went from pulaski to milwaukee to cast votes, using their class schedules as their form of ID, so it mustn't be too bad.

I wonder why they went to milwaukee? I'm sure there were places closer.
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Thu May 31, 2012 7:50 am

Cornbread wrote:milwaukee teachers took a busload of kids went from pulaski to milwaukee to cast votes, using their class schedules as their form of ID, so it mustn't be too bad.

I wonder why they went to milwaukee? I'm sure there were places closer.

Pulaski is a Milwaukee Public High School. Too hard to read past the headlines on those right wing blogs?
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu May 31, 2012 9:19 am

Pulaski is also a town north of Green Bay. Do you think they went clear to Milwaukee to vote?

School kids can't vote unless they're 18.

No ID is asked of a registered voter, so what's this about schedules?

At least tell us where you read this nonsense. It's plain you didn't make it up -- that's way above your skill level.

You're the biggest ignoramus ever on this forum, and the bar for that is really, really high. Congratulations.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Thu May 31, 2012 9:28 am

lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Thu May 31, 2012 9:30 am

I Googled Pulaski High School vote, fourth result down ("From MacIver News Service")

Add Milwaukee to the Google search and the top result is a direct link to the Maciver institute.

Sad thing is reading just as far as the first paragraph, and applying a little logic and it's clearly the Milwaukee high school.

Though I suppose if you think a bus full of kids from Pulaski WI drove to down town Milwaukee to vote, you might need to save up what little logic you have.
Last edited by Francis Di Domizio on Thu May 31, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:30 am

Interesting discrepancy...
Title is "Early Voting Students Use Class Schedules to Prove Residency, Not Identity, at Milwaukee Polls"

But in the first paragraph:
Last Friday a busload of students from Pulaski High School pulled up to the Zeidler Municipal Building here and more than two dozen students, accompanied by their teachers, voted during the early in-person absentee balloting period, many only using a printout of their class schedule to prove their identity.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Thu May 31, 2012 4:10 pm

The Republicans control the executive branch in WI. If there is blatant fraud occurring, send out an investigator.

Republicans have adopted a rolling victimhood bandwagon. The facts about taxes and elections and such can change in their favor, but the show rolls on.

I guess the average person can not be blamed for believing in the crap, since we now have ideological echo chambers to re-enforce perceptions.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Thu May 31, 2012 4:19 pm

Maybe corny is a ringer from the MacIver Institute.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Dane County residents can vote absentee at the C/C Bldg until 7 tonight. As long as you are in line by then, you can cast your ballot. Many have already done so.

Thousands of Wisconsin voters have cast absentee ballots in the state's historic recall elections, a surge that foreshadows heavy turnout Tuesday when Republican Gov. Scott Walker will try to become the first governor in U.S. history to survive a recall vote.

The number of absentee voters underscores yet again the intensity of the races, particularly the struggle between Walker and his Democratic challenger, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Wisconsin clerks issued 206K absentee ballots for Tuesday recall

State election officials say local clerks have issued at least 206,000 absentee ballots for Tuesday's recall elections.
The actual number of ballots issued is probably much higher. Only a third of clerks use the tracking software and they'll keep adding data beyond the election.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Local Politics & Government