MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, September 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 73.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Mitt Romney 2012

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Mitt Romney 2012

Postby acereraser » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:11 pm

I was looking for a thread to post something about The Greatest Flip-Flop of All, but it seems appropriate to start a new topic about Mitt for forum balance. Ezra Klein cut out everything extraneous, including his commentary, so I'll just copypasta the quotes here too:

Mitt Romney, Feb 4, 2012:

“The president tells us that without his intervention things in Detroit would be worse. I believe that without his intervention things there would be better.”

Eric Fehrnstrom, senior adviser to the Romney campaign, April 30, 2012:

Romney’s “position on the bailout was exactly what President Obama followed. I know it infuriates them to hear that. The only economic success that President Obama has had is because he followed Mitt Romney’s advice.”

acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Mitt Romney 2012

Postby acereraser » Tue May 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Romney claims to believe that President Obama was born in Hawaii, and fully eligible to hold the office. For the sake of political expediency, however, he is comfortable trafficking with the Birthers and all their notable baggage.

In a moment of refreshing candor, Romney answered if he was troubled at all by associating with Donald Trump, known Birther. His reply:

You know, I don't agree with all the people who support me and my guess is they don't all agree with everything I believe in,” Romney said. “But I need to get 50.1% or more and I'm appreciative to have the help of a lot of good people.

But, since he can't get the help of enough good people, he has to do whatever he can with the help of not-so-good people like Trump, and the people who would be swayed by his endorsement.
acereraser
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Tue May 29, 2012 1:43 pm

Doesn't appear Mittens has ever heard of the electoral college either. Kind of odd considering he's been running for president since 2006. President Gore is not amused.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed May 30, 2012 7:34 am

It's a good thing that the Mittster likes firing people because his newly released iPhone ap is called "A Better Amercia".

SIC!

pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed May 30, 2012 7:53 am

Romney wrapped up the nomination yesterday but if you missed it you weren't alone. The political news cycle was eaten up by Donald Trump, and probably not by accident. Between George Will's war of words with "The Donald," calling him a "bloviating ignoramus" on national TV to Donald Trump's cringe-worthy appearance on Wolf Blitzer's "The Situation Room," Mitt's big day was eclipsed by the world's most famous comb-over.

Mitt Romney clinches nomination, but Donald Trump overshadows

The terrible thing for Romney is that he really can't distance himself from the bloviating ignoramus because Trump has shown time after time that he's willing to lob vicious attacks at anyone, friend or foe, who dares question him. Which is why George Will was right... Romney should have, er, fired Trump rather than attach himself to the world's biggest mouth, and perhaps Romney's biggest political liability.

Let's hope Willard doesn't catch on to the fact that Donald Trump might be able to get him some cash, but is unlikely to garner many votes for the new Republican nominee. If he is the new Republican nominee... I guess I might have missed it.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:49 am

Ha, here is a collection of screen grabs from Romney's latest video. It's called the Promise of America. Something look familiar with each person in the photos. I'll let you figure it out.

Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stella_Guru » Wed May 30, 2012 12:42 pm

Let me guess. Are they all members of the White Panthers?
Stella_Guru
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Wed May 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Mitt apparently only likes really young girls and middle aged white guys.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Wed May 30, 2012 3:46 pm

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:44 pm

Mitt's favorite birther puts his foot in his mouth again:
Some at the North Carolina state Republican convention may have chosen chicken or fish. But Donald Trump served up all red meat in his keynote dinner address Friday evening.

Trump, a high-profile supporter Mitt Romney, transitioned from effusive praise of the party's presidential candidate to questions about President Barack Obama's birthplace and an oblique suggestion that waging war with Iran may be "good politics" for someone seeking reelection.

"There's one line called 'place of birth,'" Trump said, speaking of Obama's college records. "I'd like to see what he said. It would be very interesting. I don't care what his marks were. I don't care if he had good marks, I'd just like to see 'place of birth.'"

"Perhaps it's going to say Hawaii," the real estate magnate and reality TV celebrity continued. "Perhaps it's going to say Kenya."
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:27 pm

minicat wrote:Mitt apparently only likes really young girls and middle aged white guys.

Yet more wonderful input from the leftist democrat party.
And of course madison's democrat radio spokesman talking filthy about the lt. gov and her children.

No wonder people are leaving the democrat party in droves.
The leftists can't help themselves--they are who they are.
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:58 pm

So it's perfectly OK with you if all the people Mitt Romney and the Republican Party are interested in reaching are white?

Try answering this simple and direct question in a simple, direct way for a change.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:04 am

I'm getting curious about this bread feller. Mensch, sock puppet, or pain human hybrid? I've tried to find a Luntz to how your getting screwed translator on the inter-webs and came up empty handed. I seem to remember that there are some very tech savvy contributors on this forum, this could be a very satisfying and hilarious contribution to society if one has the time.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Aguynamedsmith » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:32 am

Stebben84 wrote:Ha, here is a collection of screen grabs from Romney's latest video. It's called the Promise of America. Something look familiar with each person in the photos. I'll let you figure it out.

Yes, nothing provides a more honest and accurate portrayal of a man and his character than a carefully selected collection of screen grabs.

Hey guess what! If we look through your recent posts we can grab a few words here and there and get a look at the man, Stebben84.

Dim the lights and enjoy:

bullshit
douchebag
fucking assholes

we don’t need collective bargaining at all

5 year olds are pretty good
I say fuck him
I took the blow
something is going to stick

a black kid who wears a hoodie is a thug
I’d rather be a racist
Been down south

it was a mistake to allow women the right to vote
Wife just ended up doing a Progressive
good old Bush
I want my fucking dollar back
Bwahahahahhhaaaaahahahaha.
Aguynamedsmith

Postby Stebben84 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:28 pm

Aguynamedsmith wrote:Yes, nothing provides a more honest and accurate portrayal of a man and his character than a carefully selected collection of screen grabs.

Except it wasn't carefully selected. It was every scene from the video.

And by the way, going through all my posts like that shows you have waaaay too much time on your hands, and it was a bit creepy.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to National Politics & Government