MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 64.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Sixpoint Resin

Bars, wine, beer, cocktails, drunken escapades

Re: Sixpoint Resin

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:08 pm

Drinkslinger wrote:p.s. Avoid warm stacked beer. While the distributors will tell you “It’s fine!” the brewers will tell you different. Tom Porter for years demanded that Lake Louie could only be served cold. It is shipped cold, stored cold and brought to the stores cold.

Ahem.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wallrock » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:
Drinkslinger wrote:p.s. Avoid warm stacked beer. While the distributors will tell you “It’s fine!” the brewers will tell you different. Tom Porter for years demanded that Lake Louie could only be served cold. It is shipped cold, stored cold and brought to the stores cold.

Ahem.

Yeah, I just got hit with an over-carbonated bottle this weekend. It was a Valkyrie beer I picked up in Eau Claire a month ago that was stored at room temp on the shelves. I've seen other Valkyrie beers that have the "Unpasteurized, Keep Cold" note on the label but this one didn't. When I poured it into a glass it immediately foamed up and over. That thread was the first thing that came to mind after the profanities.
wallrock
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:00 pm

wallrock wrote:Yeah, I just got hit with an over-carbonated bottle this weekend. It was a Valkyrie beer I picked up in Eau Claire....

Just out of curiosity, did you find yourself humming Wagner as you opened the beer? I would....
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Wino » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Picked up a box of the Sweet Action at Trixie's this afternoon. Wow. Really well-balanced. Looking forward to trying them all.
Many thanks to Mr. Vilas for starting this thread.
Wino
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Beer, wine & cocktails