MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, October 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 46.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Get your schlong OUT of my FACE!

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Get your schlong OUT of my FACE!

Postby Phil » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:01 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:Sounds like the same reason some people like to Open Carry while in Culvers.

This pretty much captures the point I was trying to make. The naked bike riders are motivated by the same motives as the bible thumpers and the bloodied fetus sign wavers. Those open carry guys were also waving their "schlongs" in Madison's face.

I was not offended by the naked bike riders. (Though I was definitely grossed out.) I just find their behavior to be obnoxious.

The difference between the bible thumpers and the bloodied fetus sign wavers compared to the naked bike riders is that the former probably believe they are changing minds and saving souls. The naked bike riders are just being smug and knowingly undermining any progressive position they might support.

I voted against Walker on June 5th, but the responses my post has received here helps me to better understand why Madison has lost the rest of the state.

But as we know, most of you don't really care.
Phil
Forum Addict

Postby peripat » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Like so many anti Madison screeds, that is total BS. The naked bike rides are not a Madison thing but an international thing- they do it not just all over the US, but all over the world.
peripat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Phil » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:07 pm

rabble wrote:The naked bike rides target a much more specific demographic, and for the most part, it's a demographic I like to piss off. That's fun.

Yes, and how did that work for us on June 5th?

It might be vicariously fun for some of you to see some twit dump a beer on the head of a Republican office holder but the rest of Wisconsin was deeply offended. I might add, rightfully so.
Phil
Forum Addict

Postby Phil » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:13 pm

peripat wrote:Like so many anti Madison screeds, that is total BS. The naked bike rides are not a Madison thing but an international thing- they do it not just all over the US, but all over the world.

This was not an "anti Madison" screed. I think most of the Madisonians confronted with the naked bike idiots were annoyed. Doubly so if they were with their children.

Open carry is a state-wide "thing," but the open carry guys at Culvers were still assholes.
Phil
Forum Addict

Postby Dangerousman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Funny, nobody's complaining about the tits.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Another back-in-the-day story. Naked bike rides are not that uncommon, but they used to be more spontaneous. Hippie housing coops and soft drug consumption sometimes led to a bike ride down State Street in the buff. I remember an article about Dave Cooper, police chief at the time who witnessed one. He said something about this being Madison and gave a chuckle.

But their bods were probably more alluring than those who recently road the ride. Could be some of the same bicyclists from the good ol days.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Phil » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:21 pm

Dangerousman wrote:Funny, nobody's complaining about the tits.

From what I saw, it was six schlongs for every tit. This is telling.

The radical left has a long problem of being dominated by men who are quick to embrace ultra-macho in-your-face tactics.
Phil
Forum Addict

Postby Henry Vilas » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Fear of seeing a sausage fest. How Freudian of you.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:25 pm

Phil wrote:Open carry is a state-wide "thing," but the open carry guys at Culvers were still assholes.

Oh no they weren't. Maybe you ought to listen to the audio tapes.
By the police own admissions, they weren't bothering anyone. The only assholes were one or two out of the half-dozen cops who showed up. Look where it got them. The city paid cold hard cash and learned a lesson. A number of lessons, actually. And undoubtedly it cost more on top to provide proper training to the department.

Find another dead horse to beat.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Phil » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:28 pm

One of the lessons of June 5 is that we need to be more strategic, less "do it if it feels good," and try to identify who our potential allies are and try not to offend them right out of the chute.

I.e., don't wave your schlong in their faces just because they are the people you normally like to offend. That is so sophomore in college comicbook radicalism.
Phil
Forum Addict

Postby Dangerousman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:32 pm

Phil wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:Funny, nobody's complaining about the tits.

From what I saw, it was six schlongs for every tit. This is telling.

The radical left has a long problem of being dominated by men who are quick to embrace ultra-macho in-your-face tactics.

And the women who participated were employing an ultra-macho tactic? I'm not sure I understand your complaint... not enough tits? Is that it? Where the topless marches to keep women from being arrested at BB Clarke Beach ultra-macho tactics too?

Is public breastfeeding offensive to you?
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Phil » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:34 pm

Dangerousman wrote:
Phil wrote:Open carry is a state-wide "thing," but the open carry guys at Culvers were still assholes.

Oh no they weren't. Maybe you ought to listen to the audio tapes.
By the police own admissions, they weren't bothering anyone. The only assholes were one or two out of the half-dozen cops who showed up. Look where it got them. The city paid cold hard cash and learned a lesson. A number of lessons, actually. And undoubtedly it cost more on top to provide proper training to the department.

Find another dead horse to beat.

Conservatives used to talk about respecting local community standards. These open schlong (gun) slinging assholes were trying to offend and scare people where open carry is not the social norm.

I will grant you that, unlike the naked bike people, the open carry people were within the law. But they were still being assholes and you know it.
Phil
Forum Addict

Postby jman111 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Phil wrote:This was not an "anti Madison" screed.

Then why was this necessary?
Phil wrote:These hairballs riding their bikes is a good example of what most of the rest of the state hates about Madison progressives.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Were they really all schlongs? Weren't some of them schlorts or schlediums?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Larry needs to know!!
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines