MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 66.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Get your schlong OUT of my FACE!

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Get your schlong OUT of my FACE!

Postby Dangerousman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:01 pm

Phil wrote:These open schlong (gun) slinging assholes were trying to offend and scare people where open carry is not the social norm.

Very much to the contrary. If anything, they were trying to show people that there was nothing offensive or scary about carrying a gun. I've said it before: if your intent is to offend or scare people, open carry will greatly disappoint you with the results. The great majority of people are neither offended nor scared by it.

I don't consider black people who dared to violate the "social norm" by going in public with a white boyfriend or girlfriend, or who dared to sit at the front of the bus to have been "assholes" for having done so. But it looks like that's your personal standard for assholelry. You might want to think about it a little more.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:06 pm

Well, I do agree that people need to get them out of Phil's face no matter what length they are.

Phil counted 6 schlongs for every tit he saw. Now, perhaps if the tits were put in Phil's face instead of the schlongs, Phil wouldn't have been as offended as he was. Or, who knows, maybe he would have been even more offended.

But a ratio of 6 schlongs to every 1 tit makes me think there was also a serious gender-balancing problem. And surely, in a progressive community like Madison, we can't have that. Can we?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:21 pm

Well I think the next meeting of Progressive Dane ought to encourage more tits to attend. Or are they "Titted Americans?"
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ko-Kayne » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:41 pm

I find the nude bike ride to be tasteless, and just that. I'm also not the kinda person that gets all high and mighty about how other human beings waste their time, but to compare it to the right to carry a firearm is odd to me.

Sure, it's legal to carry a firearm and I know many responsible gun owners. But in the end, guns can kill people, while i doubt nudity is capable of the same violence.
ko-Kayne
Forum Addict

Postby rabble » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:43 pm

Dangerousman wrote:Find another dead horse to beat.

Oh, that's just precious.

Offer him one of yours.
:D
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:05 pm

Maybe somebody from one of the "clothing optional" housing coops ought to invite Phil over to dinner as a gesture of reconciliation.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Phil wrote:
rabble wrote:The naked bike rides target a much more specific demographic, and for the most part, it's a demographic I like to piss off. That's fun.

Yes, and how did that work for us on June 5th?

You mean the one where the guy with the most money won? That worked out great for those of "us" who are rich.

And then Walker holds a gloatfest -- I mean, a bipartisan bratfest. I wonder if there's a demographic HE likes to piss off. Or divide and conquer. Or drop a bomb on.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:31 pm

ko-Kayne wrote:I find the nude bike ride to be tasteless, and just that. I'm also not the kinda person that gets all high and mighty about how other human beings waste their time, but to compare it to the right to carry a firearm is odd to me.

Even though you can't resist making the comparison yourself immediately afterwards:

Sure, it's legal to carry a firearm and I know many responsible gun owners. But in the end, guns can kill people, while i doubt nudity is capable of the same violence.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:32 pm

rabble wrote:

Offer him one of yours.

Hey babble, I didn't bring it up.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:28 pm

There was a streaker at the Mallards game Saturday night. I suspect that he will probably have to pay thousands of dollars in fines. He should have come up with some sort of BS mission statement first, and told everyone what he was going to do beforehand.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Twinner » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:20 am

Phil wrote:
Dangerousman wrote:Funny, nobody's complaining about the tits.

From what I saw, it was six schlongs for every tit. This is telling.

The radical left has a long problem of being dominated by men who are quick to embrace ultra-macho in-your-face tactics.

So that's a 3:1 for men being more politically active than women. Unless it's a mastectomy group ride...
Twinner
Forum Addict

Postby rabble » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:30 am

Dangerousman wrote:
rabble wrote:

Offer him one of yours.

Hey babble, I didn't bring it up.

Okay, fine. You don't want to give up any of your dead horses, you don't hafta. You're not done beating them yet. :lol:
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:42 am

Meade wrote:Phil counted 6 schlongs for every tit he saw. Now, perhaps if the tits were put in Phil's face instead of the schlongs, Phil wouldn't have been as offended as he was.

It seems pretty clear to me, from the tone and language used, that Phil is prepared to be offended by just about anything at any time.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:45 am

Twinner wrote:So that's a 3:1 for men being more politically active than women. Unless it's a mastectomy group ride...

12:1? Just sayin'.
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:59 am

Speaking of 'ectomies... you know how getting your trousers caught in your big chain ring can be a problem? Okay, trousers can be replaced. But schlong detachment? - not so easily fixed.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines