MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 34.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby Earthling » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:10 pm

Looks like I missed a good thread here. No internet for me yesterday. Oh well. I doubt we'll ever see the day where a person has to prove who they are in order to vote.
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:14 pm

One's signature on the voter roll is proof.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 20285
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Name sez it all

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby david cohen » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:50 pm

I had to prove who I was in order to register to vote. My signature confirms who I am prior to entering the voter booth.
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1431
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:48 pm

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby Cornbread » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Earthling wrote:Looks like I missed a good thread here.

Once the leftists actually get over themselves, some of them can actually participate in a somewhat good, adult discussion. ;)
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:48 pm
Location: Various places

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby Cornbread » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:24 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:One's signature on the voter roll is proof.

Can you please mail me a blank check from your checkbook?
No need to sign it.......
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 5:48 pm
Location: Various places

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby Earthling » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:03 am

Henry Vilas wrote:One's signature on the voter roll is proof.


Really? And how would you determine that one's signature is authentic? Should we assume that if the name is spelled correctly that it's legit?

Voter fraud does happen, and there is no reason to allow it to happen in this day and age.
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby lukpac » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:08 am

Earthling wrote:Voter fraud does happen


Examples?
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3362
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:51 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby Earthling » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:13 am

lukpac wrote:
Earthling wrote:Voter fraud does happen


Examples?


I'm quite confident that there are at least a few documented cases of voter fraud, but really don't feel like looking it up. We've been down this road before. Regardless of what I find you'll claim it's miniscule to the extent that it doesn't matter. Reality is that there is no way of really knowing how much voter fraud is going on because it's so easy to get away with. If you force people to show identification it makes it pretty difficult to get away with.

But you won't like that will you? Because it "disenfranchises" ALL of those voters out there who don't already have a photo ID in 2012.
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby lukpac » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:15 am

Earthling wrote:I'm quite confident that there are at least a few documented cases of voter fraud, but really don't feel like looking it up.


So, once again, you have absolutely nothing.

Earthling wrote:Reality is that there is no way of really knowing how much voter fraud is going on because it's so easy to get away with.


Simply saying it's so easy doesn't make it true.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3362
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:51 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby Earthling » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:20 am

lukpac wrote:
Earthling wrote:I'm quite confident that there are at least a few documented cases of voter fraud, but really don't feel like looking it up.


So, once again, you have absolutely nothing.

Earthling wrote:Reality is that there is no way of really knowing how much voter fraud is going on because it's so easy to get away with.


Simply saying it's so easy doesn't make it true.


Are you arguing that there are absolutely no documented cases of voter fraud that have taken place in this country ever?
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby lukpac » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:23 am

Earthling wrote:Are you arguing that there are absolutely no documented cases of voter fraud that have taken place in this country ever?


Sorry, you can't put nothing forward and then try and turn the conversation around.

You claim fraud is "so easy to get away with", yet you have nothing to back up that statement. Care to change that?
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3362
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:51 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby Earthling » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:25 am

lukpac wrote:
Earthling wrote:Are you arguing that there are absolutely no documented cases of voter fraud that have taken place in this country ever?


Sorry, you can't put nothing forward and then try and turn the conversation around.

You claim fraud is "so easy to get away with", yet you have nothing to back up that statement. Care to change that?


Are you fricking kidding me? I know it's easy to get away with because I know what is and isn't required of someone when they show up to vote. You need only know the name and address of a registered voter in order to vote. If you are smart you'll figure out one that you know won't be showing up at the polls that day.
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby lukpac » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:29 am

Earthling wrote:Are you fricking kidding me? I know it's easy to get away with because I know what is and isn't required of someone when they show up to vote. You need only know the name and address of a registered voter in order to vote. If you are smart you'll figure out one that you know won't be showing up at the polls that day.


And exactly how do you know who won't be showing up to vote? How do you know they haven't already showed up to vote (in which case some red flags will be raised when you show up and attempt to vote under their name), or that they aren't going to vote later (in which case a report would likely get filed and subsequently publicized)?

Sure, it sounds simple...if you don't stop and think about it.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3362
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:51 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby Earthling » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:33 am

lukpac wrote:
Earthling wrote:Are you fricking kidding me? I know it's easy to get away with because I know what is and isn't required of someone when they show up to vote. You need only know the name and address of a registered voter in order to vote. If you are smart you'll figure out one that you know won't be showing up at the polls that day.


And exactly how do you know who won't be showing up to vote? How do you know they haven't already showed up to vote (in which case some red flags will be raised when you show up and attempt to vote under their name), or that they aren't going to vote later (in which case a report would likely get filed and subsequently publicized)?

Sure, it sounds simple...if you don't stop and think about it.


Oh I don't know....hmmm....this sure is a tricky one....how would a person EVER know that another person wasn't going to show up to vote....I suppose you are right. That is impossible. It's not like there would ever be a situation where someone would leave town, or be otherwise incapacitated and that information somehow got out right?

You are not this stupid. Stop insulting everyone's intelligence.
Earthling
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 645
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Re: Voter ID litigation money is coming from...where?

Postby lukpac » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:40 am

Earthling wrote:Oh I don't know....hmmm....this sure is a tricky one....how would a person EVER know that another person wasn't going to show up to vote....I suppose you are right. That is impossible. It's not like there would ever be a situation where someone would leave town, or be otherwise incapacitated and that information somehow got out right?

You are not this stupid. Stop insulting everyone's intelligence.


Got out to who? How? And how do you know they haven't voted absentee?

And are you suggesting this is possible on some sort of large scale?
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3362
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:51 pm
Location: Madison

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR
Created with flickr badge.

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar