MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 49.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Bon Squad/Skintones/Droids Attack/Pink Mink@HighNoon Sat 23

Got a gig coming up? A CD coming out? A new bass player who looks like Jesus and smells like a field of posies? If you're selling or promoting something, post it here.

Bon Squad/Skintones/Droids Attack/Pink Mink@HighNoon Sat 23

Postby charliedon'tsurf » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:46 pm

Hello, I, Jake Shut am returning to Madison to celebrate my 40th birthday in my favorite city in my homestate of Wisconsin and booked a public party at the High Noon Saloon. I used to post here and am hoping to see some Madison friends and generally get a good turnout so the bands get paid.

Anyhow, Doors @ 9PM. $7. 21up

Four band bill.
10 PM Pink Mink from Minneapolis with former/current members of Ouija Radio, Sea Whores, Selby Tigers, The Iguanas, Von Bondies and others.

11 PM Droids Attack from Madison brings its sound combining the heavy riffs of stoner metal with the speed and ferocity of punk.

Midnight The Skintones being their psychometalfuzzcore to the joint. This party is also special because old Skintones/Bon Squad guitarist Travis Kasperbauer is back in Madison visiting rounding out the Skintones to their old two guitar alignment.

1 AM The Bon Squad playing a set of Bon era AC/DC covers. The group is staffed by a quintet of past and present members of (Shotdown, Striking Irwin, Tormentula, Brainerd, Uncle Eddie, Mad Trucker Gone Mad, The Skintones, Brass Tacks, Echo Static, Sandy Garza, Whore Du Jour and more).

Also of some note I'm returning to the WORT (89.9 FM airwaves and streaming on the web) Fri June 22 from 8 to 11 PM
I'm going to be back on my old timeslot on WORT to co-host Ted Offensive's "Safety and Manners" program. I hosted Charlie Don't Surf on that timeslot from 2000-2009 and we shall combine power with the punk, metal, indie and funky stuff attack for all three hours. Also the show features a live set by The Garza at 10 PM. At the start of the show Wendy Schneider will be coming in to talk about her movie 'American Noise:the Smart Studios Story', and do some fundraising, too.
charliedon'tsurf
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Bon Squad/Skintones/Droids Attack/Pink Mink@HighNoon Sat

Postby minicat » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:03 am

Shutbump.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Hype Exchange