MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 56.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Fast and Furious: A Primer

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Fast and Furious: A Primer

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:49 pm

other i wrote:It lays out the details of a serious attempt to collect information so that, despite restrictions and obstacles produced by the right wing, we could cut into this practice.

This should be interesting....but I don't expect an actual answer, but so others viewing can see, I'll ask it anyway.

"How?"

using beat-to-death terms like "obamaclown"

Hey there! I was using that way before his clownship became apparent to all but a tiny cadre of true believers and children (up to 26 years old, ya know).

Just letting you know you're actually discussing things with a leading edge, astute observationalist......

Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:31 pm

Maybe the noise makers can't hear, but the not so leftist pub Fortune put a guy on this one.

http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2 ... ous-truth/

Hey noise makers, got anything other than noise? If not I suspect you will be judged much more harshly than you are here and now.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:43 am

Worth a read.

I've been staying out of this one due to the impossibility of getting rational, objective reporting. But Fortune's article seems thorough and plausible.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Well at least the contempt vote was bipartisan.

Though I have to wonder, what is it with Demmie legislators? Many fled the chamber yesterday, a couple others voted present.

Why are they such cowards that they will not stand up to be counted? Why were they afraid to support their own Attorney General?

I seem to recall that the WI dems did something similar rather than vote. The Texas legislature too a few years ago. Others as well if memory serves.

We are also seeing a lot of this with convention attendance. I think there are now a dozen or more high level demmies (governors, senators, Congresspeople) who have announced that they have "other plans" than to be in Charlotte at the big confab.

Are all (or most) demmie pols "fleabaggers"?

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:58 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:I seem to recall that the WI dems did something similar rather than vote. The Texas legislature too a few years ago. Others as well if memory serves.

So did Abe Lincoln when he was an Illinois state legislator. But Honest Abe was a different kind of Republican than today's model.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:59 pm

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2008/ ... ?mobile=nc

House Republicans Stage Walkout, Refuse to Vote on Contempt Charges. February 2008.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:16 pm

Mad Howler wrote:Maybe the noise makers can't hear, but the not so leftist pub Fortune put a guy on this one.

I think the noisemakers are regrouping from their protests against the duly elected Gov. Walker. They must be recharging their bull horns and pressing their gold lame.

Hey noise makers, got anything other than noise?

The leftists must be still busy demonstrating out in front of republican's homes and harassing their children, so I guess I'll keep filling in.

Got anything other than an actual link to something someone else wrote? Like actual thoughts of your own? I know individual thought has gotten so out of style and all that jazz, but how about some old time discussion?

Here, I'l start: If there's nothing to hide, then why not give the information to congress? Ya know, in spite of the fascist leftist pig obams, there is a separation of powers to keep each one in check.

Also, if the racist pig eric holder said it was the previous prezzie's op, then why not release the documents? He then can truly be a hero of the leftists. Oops, he changed his comment shortly later.

So where'd all the zerobam's promised transparency go? We're still waiting for it.......
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:28 pm

fisticuffs wrote:http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2008/02/14/19592/republican-walkout/?mobile=nc

House Republicans Stage Walkout, Refuse to Vote on Contempt Charges. February 2008.
Yes, indeed. link.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:06 pm

Jon Stewart's take on Fast and Furious and Holder's contempt of Congress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgil5gKBwWE
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government