MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, July 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 73.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Okay, who's the bastard...

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it fits here

Okay, who's the bastard...

Postby Mad Howler » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:41 pm

with their hands at the controls of the weather machine? Precipitation has strangely evaded our neck of the woods. No rain and no TV makes howler go crazy. You think I'm crazy!?! Laugh while you can monkey boy!!!

Otherwise hope, pray, do a dance for some rain. This sucks.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Okay, who's the bastard...

Postby Donald » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:58 pm

This is typical July-August weather in the western US--hot and dry. At least we have had breaks from the usual humidity.
Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:05 pm

I don't usually divulge this information, but yes, I control the weather. I got the promotion about seven months ago and when May rolled around I said to myself, "I fucking hate mosquitos!" and might I add "YOU'RE WELCOME". Now go enjoy your bite-free backyard like a good little wolf and leave me to my dirty martini before I conjure up some bull ball sized hail for your necka the woods.

And that's Mister monkey boy to you..
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:16 pm

narcoleptish wrote:I don't usually divulge this information, but yes, I control the weather. I got the promotion about seven months ago and when May rolled around I said to myself, "I fucking hate mosquitos!" and might I add "YOU'RE WELCOME". Now go enjoy your bite-free backyard like a good little wolf and leave me to my dirty martini before I conjure up some bull ball sized hail for your necka the woods.

And that's Mister monkey boy to you..

Ahhh, I forgot about the Mosquitos, as they are absent. Can you do something about the August wasps making a love nest in my furnace vent.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby narcoleptish » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:30 pm

I'm guessing that you're talking about the mud hornets, as I call them, that have been everywhere this year. Personally I welcome them in place of the more typical "trash bees" that found their way to Wisconsin ten or fifteen years ago (or so it seemed) and are much more likely to bother you, buzzing around your head and slipping into your soda can, only to be swept into your throat with the next big gulp where they plant a stinger and cause you to asphyxiate right in the middle of a family reunion in the park.

I can't do anything about the hornets as they have their own will to survive. Might I suggest going furnace-free? It's the latest wave in the green community, where all needed heat is generated by pure physical love.
narcoleptish
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Donald wrote:This is typical July-August weather in the western US--hot and dry. At least we have had breaks from the usual humidity.

As we are closing out June and my lawn is now dormant, at least I can find solace in the break from humidity. Whatever, it's dry and I am crabby. On the brightside other huants of mine in this state are recieving above average precipitation, so I should be happy.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby green union terrace chair » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:06 am

narcoleptish wrote:I welcome them in place of the more typical "trash bees" that found their way to Wisconsin ten or fifteen years ago (or so it seemed) and are much more likely to bother you, buzzing around your head and slipping into your soda can, only to be swept into your throat with the next big gulp where they plant a stinger and cause you to asphyxiate right in the middle of a family reunion in the park.

The secret benefit to diet soda is that it's invisible to bees.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Catch All