MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 19, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 27.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Walker may reject $4 billion Obamacare funds

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Walker may reject $4 billion Obamacare funds

Postby Beaver » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:27 pm

The idiot Walker is trying to harm the State again. This time by turning down Obamacare funds.

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/07 ... ?mobile=nc
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Walker may reject $4 billion Obamacare funds

Postby bdog » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:30 am

Where is all this free money coming from?
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:52 am

calm down, after November 6, every governor will take the money and run.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Comrade » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:50 pm

AND.....what is the cost of those funds?

WHY did you leave that part out?
Comrade
Forum Addict

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Comrade wrote:AND.....what is the cost of those funds?

Why don't you tell us?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby WestSideYuppie » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:49 pm

bdog wrote:Where is all this free money coming from?

If health care reform is done right (granted, a big if), then the free money comes from the growth of an economy that is no longer hobbled by the uncertainty of health care costs.
WestSideYuppie
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:07 pm

Where will money come from?

In the long run, the new healthcare bill is expected to result in a number of economies benefiting not only business but also the healthcare consumer (that is, everybody):

1) Health insurance companies will have to put 80% of your premiums toward actual healthcare. All companies will be subject to this rule, giving a level playing field. One would think advertising budgets and big pay packages for top administration would be a few places to cut, but overall the rule's effect is to encourage economies where ever they were lacking.

2) With all working people making more than a certain minimum wage in the insurance pool, there will be more insured. That means more premiums collected. Right now plenty of young people go without, thinking they will never get sick or being willing to play the odds. I would think those who do buy insurance would be pleased to stop subsidizing those who choose to gamble.

3) With a greater pool of insured, companies should be able to negotiate better prices for supplies, equipment, and pharmaceuticals resulting in more economical care.

4) With more patients insured, hospitals and doctors should be able to reduce the amount of money spent on in-house collections, on sale of past-due accounts to collection agencies, and on writeoffs of uncollectible bills. (In addition we might see fewer medical bankruptcies, which of course means more people paying their other bills and staying afloat financially, keeping their jobs and keeping more money in circulation overall.)

5) With better record keeping and data collection (which I believe is part of the bill, long-term) hospitals should be able to eliminate unnecessary testing and administer fewer treatments that are found statistically to accomplish little or nothing.

6) With fewer patients using emergency care and more seeking preventive or routine care, expensive and avoidable medical crises might be reduced -- many of which can't be paid for by the patients involved and result in a loss to the provider.

7) Businesses in the US will no longer be burdened by an extra (and large) expense: healthcare for their employees. They will compete in a more level way with businesses elsewhere in the world. That alone should make a huge difference in our balance of trade.

I could go on.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Beaver wrote:The idiot Walker is trying to harm the State again.

Why yes, Gov. Walker decided to get elected, then re-elected just so he could do harm to this state. That's all he lives for. I guess this is what he does when he's not waging war on women, waging war on gays, putting whole families of chipmunks in blenders, etc.

Leftists are funny.
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:10 pm

What about the trillions spent yearly on the military? I'm more bothered by that then health care spending.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Beaver » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Cornbread wrote:Why yes, Gov. Walker decided to get elected, then re-elected just so he could do harm to this state. That's all he lives for. I guess this is what he does when he's not waging war on women, waging war on gays, putting whole families of chipmunks in blenders, etc.

You're finally talking sense.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:12 pm

I think this is that "boatload of money" that the kagen thing spoke of. So I guess there are boats going around, full of money, just waiting to be delivered. Personally, I'm working on a money tree, but I might start looking for one of those democrat boatloads of money as that' be faster.

And I'm sure they'll say it'll all pay for itself, just like they said social security would. Come to think of it, has any government program ever done as advertised?

Speaking of democrat party lying, anyone watch "the secretary" caught double counting medicare in obama-accounting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Ofgb4PDwY

They cut $500,000,000 from medicare on obama-accounting--I guess they want to kill women and children.

More,but fireworks is about to start....
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dangerousman » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:13 am

Beaver wrote:What about the trillions spent yearly on the military?

Trillions? Exaggerate much?

Not a single trillion, let alone multiple trillions.
Dangerousman
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:34 am

Beaver wrote:
Cornbread wrote:Why yes, Gov. Walker decided to get elected, then re-elected just so he could do harm to this state. That's all he lives for. I guess this is what he does when he's not waging war on women, waging war on gays, putting whole families of chipmunks in blenders, etc.

You're finally talking sense.

Thanks. I tried to either condense it into one or two words, or just string together a bunch of bumperstickers so leftists could follow it. ;) :lol:
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:38 am

Beaver wrote:What about the trillions spent yearly on the military? I'm more bothered by that then health care spending.

Cold War and after, the results you experience just by being able to use your electricity, drive your oil driven vehicle, well, be all things you can be economically and have the individual freedom(s) of not living under the velvet glove dictatorships the leftists so adore.

Did spanish (as in from spain) doctors go to cuba to work in fidel?
Where were all the cuban doctors? The female (doctoras) have a tendency to be hookers part time to make ends meet though, so maybe they were busy 'servicing' tourists for cash?
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Comrade » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:26 am

SOOOOO, nobody knows what the cost of those funds are? Yet, the conclusion is to condemn him for not taking them?
Comrade
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Local Politics & Government