MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 47.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Invitation to Cornbread

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Invitation to Cornbread

Postby Cornbread » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Earthling wrote:I've seen people spit on. Things thrown at them. Called terrible names. Yelled at. Ridiculed.

you forgot, pushed, had their belongings gone through, had vehicles keyed, had vehicles spit on, had vehicles have garbage dumped on them, had things thrown at them, been tailgated for a long time, if at night, brights turned on, had bull horns stuck in their face.

I'm not going to fight it.

Probably wise, especially if you own any business--they will punish you and make sure you are punished by their collective cult.
Wait, this sounds like the people 'of a certain political persuasion' on this board that has been trying to rid this place of all things non -leftist, only to now tearfully state that they themselves will leave and not come back.

Children. Reminds me of in a group, they are the kids bullying that school bus woman, but individually, they were, well, just tiny ol powerless shells..............

I'm just going to remain a part of the silent majority (at least this time around) and keep my mouth shut.

70,000 people in madison voted to re-elect Gov. Walker in the last democrat "do over!" (re)election, so you're not alone by any means.

Wanna have some fun? Put out flyers about a Tea Party rally at, say, olbrich park and see what happens.
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Cornbread wrote:70,000 people in madison voted to re-elect Gov. Walker in the last democrat "do over!" (re)election, so you're not alone by any means.

Try 25,019.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:36 pm

lukpac wrote:Try 25,019.

My numbers, IIRC was from an ap site. I did a quick search and found a lot of Conjecture News Nnetwork stuff. BTW, did ya hear the latest? AnDerSen CoopER 180 is gay?
I guess they're trying another ploy to get people to watch them--midnight confessions. lol.

So I guess what you are saying is "Earthling, you are even more of a minority than you realize, surrounded by hostile, angry leftists".

BTW lupak, thanks for not holding yourself hostage, putting a dart gun to your own head and making demands as to who should be allowed here and who should face banishment....of the edge of the flat earth. ;)
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:36 pm

bdog wrote:
scratch wrote: Hey, bdog! Does Corny's response qualify as the same kind of "snark" you whine about earthling receiving?

Corny is here to troll and is getting a lot of bites.

Earthling is not Corny.

I didn't think I was whining but YMMV.

Mad Howler gets it.

I think I do. What are "WE" going to do about it together? Yah, everyone's position seems to be fixed and "conservatives" are more fixed in their (bla bla bla)... and liberals are more ready to accept (bla bla bla)..., that is simultaneously true and horse shit as this thread has lead to, in my mind.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:08 pm

Bert Ernie wrote:I believe intelligent people come to a discussion with an open-mind in hopes that their viewpoint will and can indeed evolve. Isn't that the purpose of Socratic dialogue?

Interesting. You must not have ever been to any place in madison that has had a conservative speaker. I personally knew quite a few willy street types that would take great pride in shouting/shutting down any other POV but their leftist trance induced stuff.

I hold that the purpose of discussion is to learn, to grow, and to evolve.

Evolve into what? I've been to a lot of places, different cultures, different, well, pretty much everything, and even being a former leftist myself, and so now I should listen to an isolated and insulated leftist kid in madison tell me about how the really is (because his professors/wort/pbs/msnbc/etc) said it is?

So I should "evolve" into becoming more like it?
Sorry, but that would be a regression rather than any evolution.

Or should I "evolve" into being more like leftists and put instead of all of the people here on 'ignore', just half of them to show I'm "still evolving"? :lol:

I know what you're saying and in theory, that should be the case. But I don't live in theory and am a little further down the world experience than most folks. I do listen to folks, but my experience has been with leftists, pretty much 90% of them seem to be incapable of doing anything other than parrot slogans/talking points. For the last 3.5 years, whenever I wanted to talk to them about obama, almost the first word out of their mouths was "bush...".

Most of us pick and choose as to value. If someone is a drone, it's quickly apparent, so it has very little value to me. I've already LEARNED that. :D
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:14 pm

All hat, no cattle.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:58 am

Okay, what the hell?! This is interesting and relevant. Cornbread, I think I have a better sense of what is sticking in your craw.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:37 am

Stu Levitan wrote:All hat, no cattle.

You're saying Cornbread is a fake? Can you tell us how you know that? Thanks.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bleurose » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:51 pm

How he knows that? Wow, all you have to do is read the evidence before your own eyes. Or, as it seems in Meade's case, read it but pretend it doesn't exist.

I was just thinking exactly what Stu said - Cornbread is all smoke & mirrors, but when the opportunity to "engage in real discussion" is handed to him on a silver platter - which is what he snarkily claims he wants to do - oh, well, all of a sudden, it's "not worth his time". Yeah, right :roll:

I guess Meade is just too obtuse to figure out that Corny's got nothin' :lol:
bleurose
Forum Addict

Postby Meade » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Stu, you might think about inviting onto your highly popular radio show forons such as "Bluerose," "Galoot," "Mad Howler," "Lukpac," "scratch" and "Snoqueen".

Everyone knows they would be only too happy to give us their real names - that is - take off their hats and show us all their cattle.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Meade wrote:Stu, you might think about inviting onto your highly popular radio show forons such as "Bluerose," "Galoot," "Mad Howler," "Lukpac," "scratch" and "Snoqueen".

Everyone knows they would be only too happy to give us their real names - that is - take off their hats and show us all their cattle.

If I'm somehow hiding my real name then I guess you are as well.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Galoot » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:59 pm

I'd be happy to go on the show, but I would have to call via Magic Jack or Skype from Brazil, I guess.

And I've made it quite easy to figure out who I am, as has Henry and a few others on here.

More to the point, we're not trolling this website and refusing to answer simple and direct questions.
Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:32 pm

Ooooh, what did I miss? Did someone out Cornbread as Meade's sock puppet? His vacillation between utter idiocy to articulate idiocy was the tell. Sno seemed to think Cornbread was multiple people, but I suspect he's just a stereotype Meade uses to say the kind of outrageous things he keeps locked in his closet, perhaps to protect his wife's reputation. The whole "leftist" and :lol: thing is just to irritate people and prove his point that people are more nasty when they're anonymous. We need a reboot, blah, blah, blah.

It also explains why Cornbread balked at Stu's invitation. People would recognize Meade from the creepy videos he makes with his wife.

I'd give the Meade/Cornbread connection 75%. It's probably Meade, but it could be someone else.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:41 pm

No way. Cornbread is some college freshman at Oral Roberts or Liberty or something, who was home schooled, and has been spamming the leftist boards as his summer job via the wonderful program someone linked to earlier. Has Cornbread ever posted on a local issue? My gut says Cornhole isn't local.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:12 pm

Mad Howler wrote:Okay, what the hell?!

You might get kicked out of the group and asked to return the mickey mouse hat. ;)

This is interesting and relevant

Most things are---it's just not everyone can connect the dots....and some create new ones to get to where they long ago decided where the trail should lead.

Cornbread, I think I have a better sense of what is sticking in your craw.

Apparently, some FIB stole my cows! :twisted:
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government