MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 58.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

Invitation to Cornbread

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Invitation to Cornbread

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:22 am

jman111 wrote:
david cohen wrote:Sonny Landreth, anyone?

Hell, yes.
(Hank- tonight at la fete, followed by Marcia Ball)

Oh, I thought you were talking about his views on abortion. Sorry.

I saw Sonny early in his career. He played for free at a Taste of Madison (or was it an Art Fair on the Square?) a couple decades ago.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:23 pm

david cohen wrote:Sonny Landreth, anyone?

Absolutely. Plus, I can guarantee that our RWNJs most certainly won't be at a local, east side festival attended by dirty Madison leftists celebrating French culture. Too many smiles and fun times.

Incidentally, you'd be crazy to miss Dumpstaphunk on Sunday night.

Hank: Sonny has played Madison several times in the past couple of years, including Fete.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Put it in the dumpsta! Anytime a Neville is involved, it's gonna be great:)
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:07 pm

david cohen wrote:all the State Journal message board...they closed that sucker down[/quote

That board of 6 has been shut down for a long time. They could keep it "up" as their personal clique playground for a while....until "the change" finally caught up with them.
Such is always the case with freeloaders, loafers and the like sucking resources away from those that sign their paychecks.

Those that are in the industry know if they are aware what I'm talking about. If not, well, they will have two "before I go to work" javas one day, one before as normal and the other one, when they get back, wondering WTF? :lol:
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bleurose » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:56 am

Cornbread: still nothing. And even better, after you admit that you did indeed say/post that you "wanted to discuss", but when you get the real offer, the best weak tea you can muster is "it's not worth your time".

Y'all are really funny, ya know. Ya got nuthin' and you keep coming back as if you do. :lol:

You wingnuts really are a hoot and it's no really a surprise to anyone why no one takes you seriously. Gotta give Stu points for politeness though. And he gets kudos for getting you on the record as a "not-worth-my-time" weenie - good job, Stu. :lol: :lol: :lol:
bleurose
Forum Addict

Postby bleurose » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:05 am

And once again, Meade completely misses the point of the discussion by dragging in a non sequitur. But hey, none of us are begging to be the ones to discuss our views in a wider forum like Corny. Stu invited the individual who was claiming he wanted to do that.

Y'all really are funny - you & Corny should be the poster kids for "Mindless Entertainment - Yours AND Others" :lol: :lol:
bleurose
Forum Addict

Postby Meade » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:22 am

bleurose wrote:And once again, Meade completely misses the point of the discussion by dragging in a non sequitur.

Completely misses the point that Cornbread is a phony because he declines to go on Stu's popular radio show using his real name? - "all hat, no cattle" or, to use your cliché - "all smoke and mirrors"?

What was the non sequitur? Thanks.

Also: is Bleurose your real name? Thanks.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:25 pm

It's Mr. Question Man.

...you know how RWNJs are, someone still has to carry that poster of the aborted fetus around....

I don't need to google that one. It's got to stand for Republicans Wearing No Jeans.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:54 pm

snoqueen wrote:I don't need to google that one. It's got to stand for Republicans Wearing No Jeans.

Here I thought it was Republican With No Job.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Meade wrote:Completely misses the point that Cornbread is a phony because he declines to go on Stu's popular radio show using his real name

Uh, where was that stipulated? Stu said he was willing to do the convo by phone if he could verify CBs identity. I took this to me "how do I know you're really CB," not "Please present a driver's license or university student ID with a current address." I don't see anything in this thread to suggest otherwise, either.

If you're that concerned about CB presenting his views to a wider audience anonymously, maybe you could find someone with a regular blog who would be willing to let him guest post anonymously.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:57 pm

Mr. Question Man could interview him, in fact.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:11 pm

Detritus wrote:
Meade wrote:Completely misses the point that Cornbread is a phony because he declines to go on Stu's popular radio show using his real name

Uh, where was that stipulated? Stu said he was willing to do the convo by phone if he could verify CBs identity. I took this to me "how do I know you're really CB," not "Please present a driver's license or university student ID with a current address." I don't see anything in this thread to suggest otherwise, either.

If you're that concerned about CB presenting his views to a wider audience anonymously, maybe you could find someone with a regular blog who would be willing to let him guest post anonymously.

Bump.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:35 pm

Corndread feeds shallow
while dreaming of yonder depth
but fear trills loudest
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dust Mite Rodeo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Every time I read "Invitation to Cornbread", I think for a moment that Stu's cookin' up some country fixin's for the whole neighborhood. But no.
Dust Mite Rodeo
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to Local Politics & Government