MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
Monday, July 14, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 62.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Adam Powell on the state of online community

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Adam Powell on the state of online community

Postby green union terrace chair » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:03 pm

WE ARE ALL ADAM POWELL.
green union terrace chair
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:11 pm

Adam Powell wrote:I really like the shift from blaming the moderator to taking some personal responsibility that I'm seeing around here in the last week. It's the right approach.

I'm a little unclear as to what you're talking about.

Not replying to trolls would be best in a perfect world, but we're far from perfect. And where's the fine line between trolling and expressing oneself in a purposely offensive, aggressive way?

I think you want us to read between your lines somehow, and I'm squinting but I can't quite see yet.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:52 pm

christopher_robin wrote:Blaska, you say. Blaska.

Kindly point me to some of his moments of genius here on the forum, "meade"?

I already did.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby christopher_robin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:02 am

No, you didn't.

And your behavior in this thread is childish. Do you always behave like this on the forum? How about in real life?

You strike me as a real loser. Why don't you go play somewhere that's more on your level, like Free Republic or 4chan?
christopher_robin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:28 am

christopher_robin wrote:No, you didn't.

And your behavior in this thread is childish. Do you always behave like this on the forum? How about in real life?

You strike me as a real loser. Why don't you go play somewhere that's more on your level, like Free Republic or 4chan?

"childish", "real loser", "more on your level"... kindly explain to us how you are not projecting, "christopher_robin".
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby christopher_robin » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:37 am

Super lame comeback dude. That all you got?

By the way, I notice that no one here likes you. I think I know why: you contribute nothing of substance, you have no interesting ideas, you are inchoherent and obviously not very bright, you have a bad attitude, you just hang around and piss all over any actual conversations, and when called on your behavior you don't even have a witty comeback.

You are a loser. Go away. You are not wanted here. You're a dog on a leash and a pig in a pen. Find another online community to stink up. This one is done with you.
christopher_robin
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:03 pm

christopher_ adam wrote:Super lame comeback dude. That all you got?

Pretty much. But I notice snoqueen is a little unclear about what you were talking about. Could you take a little personal responsibility and help her out?

christopher_ adam wrote:By the way, I notice that no one here likes you. I think I know why: you contribute nothing of substance, you have no interesting ideas, you are inchoherent and obviously not very bright, you have a bad attitude, you just hang around and piss all over any actual conversations, and when called on your behavior you don't even have a witty comeback.

I'm actually very well liked here, adam. Why? I contribute original thoughts without using clichés in my writing, I'm bright and offer humorous insights, often employing irony and wit. I never attack individuals themselves, only what is written - an important distinction between trollery and high level snark.

christopher_ adam wrote:You are a loser. Go away. You are not wanted here. You're a dog on a leash and a pig in a pen. Find another online community to stink up. This one is done with you.

You are mistaken, chris. I like it here. My contributions are both valuable and valued.

Like mrak and probably others, you don't hang out here much anymore. Could it be because you can't hack it?
Last edited by Meade on Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:11 pm

I am, however, deeply offended by your calling me inchoherent. Everyone who knows me knows I am one of the most choherent chommenters on this forum.

Also, I may be a pig in a poke and a dog with a bone, but I am pen-free and off-leash. Please make a note.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:18 pm

I contribute original thoughts without using clichés in my writing, I'm bright and offer humorous insights, often employing irony and wit. I never attack individuals themselves, only what is written - an important distinction between trolley and high level snark.

Links please.

Especially one about the trolley.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:23 pm

snoqueen, you want links to everything I've ever posted? Just look them up in my profile.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Just in case a.a. powell is still having trouble running down examples of David Blaska's genius, here's a good one at the No charges in Bradley / Prosser dustup thread that was begun on Thu Aug, 25, 2011 by the inimitable bdog:

David Blaska wrote:I was more interested in the witnesses' accounts than in whatever the two principals had to say. I took away four major points from the 70-page investigatory report, released today.

1) The first is that Justices Michael Gabelman and Patience Roggensack, both witnesses, support Justice Prosser's contention that Justice Ann Walsh Bradley came running at Justice David Prosser with fists flying. Another witness, Justice Annette Ziegler, heard Justice Roggensack say "Ann stop it, this is not like you."

All three concur that at no point did Prosser have Bradley in a choke hold. (Nor were any marks observed on her neck.)

2) The second is that Bradley has done this before, once whacking Justice Michael Gableman, he alleges, upside the head for addressing Chief Justice Abrahamson by her first name, Shirley. (We call that a "Gibbs" for the hero of NCIS whacking his assistants when they screw up.)

3) It is likely it was Bradley who leaked the incident to complaisant reporters and spun it her way. "If I cannot get any assurances from you, the court, that this problem is going to be addressed, then I will go to the outside and take other means," Bradley threatened at a follow-up meeting with the Justices and Capitol PD Chief Charles Tubbs.

4) The fourth is that Justice Prosser is, at the very least, voluble. Justice Crooks gives voice to this (altho he was not a witness to the June 13 encounter).

My account is at http://www.thedailypage.com/daily/artic ... icle=34499 and it links to the Sheriff's report.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:16 pm

Still looking for examples of Blaskaesque genius?
http://www.thedailypage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=52236
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:24 pm

Next up, a bunch of links to Cornbread posts.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:37 pm

Adam Powell wrote:Snoqueen, who has some aspects of this problem badly wrong but is nonetheless a vital contributor here, gets the TDPF section of the article.

What is this? Some sort of half-hearted back-handed compliment?

Some would call it trollery. I mean really, what's the point?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby massimo » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:44 pm

Meade, if you pine so badly for the genius of Blaska, just contact him, find out how much money he requires to post here, and raise the funds.

Isn't he a contributor somewhere else these days? Why not join forces with him?
massimo
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com