MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, October 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 46.0° F  Light Rain
Collapse Photo Bar

Kelda Roys negative campaign

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Kelda Roys negative campaign

Postby Stu Levitan » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:37 am

Rep. Fred Clark has withdrawn his endorsement of Kelda due to the negative campaign she's running. This ad the last straw.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:49 am

Meade wrote:Is Stu really as thin-skinned as he appears?

I don't know. Are you really as scatter-brained as you appear? My suspicion is that it's just another superficial pose you adopt to futher your trolling agenda, but perhaps your still waters run deeper than that.
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:26 am

Stu Levitan wrote:Rep. Fred Clark has withdrawn his endorsement of Kelda due to the negative campaign she's running. This ad the last straw.

Wow. Speak of negativity... he didn't call her back and smack her around, did he?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:38 am

I haven't liked Kelda's campaign either. I think she is trying to show she's a tough person and a hard worker. All that may or may not be true, but you can be tough and hard working without being so nasty (or aggressive -- call it what you like). We already see enough of it from the other side, and for the D's to run a positive campaign would be refreshing and hopeful and even draw undecided voters or uninvolved potential voters. The party is going to come out with one candidate in the general regardless of what kind of primary campaign is run, so why not make it issues-oriented and respectful? That only damages the person who wins the first round, and in that way damages the party's chances later on.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:18 am

All of her ads seem to be trying extremely hard to jam in as many focus-group-tested keywords as possible.

Speaking of ads, I was up in Green Bay a couple weeks ago and saw a spot featuring Tommy Thompson driving around on a Harley.

http://youtu.be/0t0v4M2sUA4

Cuz fellas on Harleys GSD!
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:23 am

Would they call it nasty, aggressive, and offensive if Kelda Helen were a male? Of course not.

He'd be strong, forceful, and resolute.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby other i » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:23 am

Meade will now point us to a review of a political ad where those terms are used. Thanks, Meade.
other i
Forum Addict

Postby bdog » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm

Stu Levitan wrote:Rep. Fred Clark has withdrawn his endorsement of Kelda due to the negative campaign she's running. This ad the last straw.

Meade already mentioned it but isn't this a GOOD thing for Roys?

Seriously, people accept endorsements from FRED CLARK????
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:17 pm

jjoyce wrote:All of her ads seem to be trying extremely hard to jam in as many focus-group-tested keywords as possible.

Yeah? Isn't that what every campaign tries to do? What's wrong with that? You would have her, what - fawn over Mark Pocan? Maybe she should just be ladylike and let big strong Mark go first. She could offer to be his secretary. Iron his shirts.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:27 pm

Meade the feminist. Just like C-bread the environmentalist. And they say conservatives don't have a sense of humor!
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:06 pm

They?

Hey, Stu, did you see the Dylan parody I wrote for you? I thought it was pretty good. One of my best. Thought you, of all people, would appreciate it. Jason kept deleting it. For some reason. So far, he won't say why.

By the way, you are correct - I am a feminist. You are quite right about that. Equal rights, opportunity, and protection for each and every citizen, right? I'm with you on that. How could any father with a daughter not be? Very disappointing when so-called feminists, progressives, liberals closed ranks around sexual harasser-in-chief Bill Clinton. My daughter was 11 at the time. Bill Clinton was so very pro-choice, don't you know? Which is why he had to lie to the grand jury, I suppose.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:56 am

Meade wrote:Hey, Stu, did you see the Dylan parody I wrote for you? I thought it was pretty good. One of my best. Thought you, of all people, would appreciate it. Jason kept deleting it. For some reason. So far, he won't say why.

Jason hates Dylan parodies. I thought everybody knew that is one of the "big three". I'm honestly surprised you're still here. JJ must be mellowing out.

Anyway Meade, NO ROBERT ALLEN HELEN ZIMMERMAN PARODIES.

Ever.

Carry on.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:48 am

Meade wrote:I am a feminist.

Who supports draconian laws that curtails women's reproductive health decisions.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:16 am

Meade wrote: Equal rights, opportunity, and protection for each and every citizen, right? I'm with you on that.

Says the guy that thinks that Kleefisch would "be a splendid governor."
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:06 am

Meade wrote:Hey, Stu, did you see the Dylan parody I wrote for you? I thought it was pretty good. One of my best. Thought you, of all people, would appreciate it. Jason kept deleting it. For some reason. So far, he won't say why.

If you wanted Stu to see it, why don't you post it here?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government