MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 44.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Madison oh Madison

If it's news, but not politics, then it goes here.

Re: Madison oh Madison

Postby Meade » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:38 am

5 guys jump him, start to give him a beating, Ball kills all five of them.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:40 am

Meade wrote:5 guys jump him, start to give him a beating, Ball kills all five of them.

Quoted just in case a better angel decides now's the time to alight upon Meade's shoulder.

Jesus.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:42 am

Meade wrote:5 guys jump him, start to give him a beating, Ball kills all five of them.

5 guys jump him, start to give him a beating, Ball tries to draw, is disarmed and shot to death.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:53 am

So 5 guys start to beat Ball and they all deserve to die? Are there no other factors? Just death no matter what.

If that really should be the penalty for assult why don't we give the death penalty to criminals convicted of assult?
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:59 am

wack wack, follow the instructions or BookPolice can't give you full credit. "...better outcome..."
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:01 am

HawkHead wrote:So 5 guys start to beat Ball and they all deserve to die? Are there no other factors? Just death no matter what.

Attempted murder. Of course they deserve to die.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:05 am

Meade wrote:wack wack, follow the instructions or BookPolice can't give you full credit. "...better outcome..."

I corrected your fantastically absurd suggestion. you still need to provide TBP with a legitimate answer.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:11 am

How was my answer not legitimate?

Is self defense not legitimate? Is concealed carry not legitimate in Wisconsin?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:12 am

Stebben84 wrote:
HawkHead wrote: Hanging out with your friends until bartime, even if you aren't drinking, isn't in the best interest of your football career.

Why?

Becasue nothing good can happen from it. This is now the second police incident for Ball in a year. When it is time for the NFL draft next spring Ball will be considered a "character" risk. Being selected a round or two later because of this "risk" can cost millions of dollars.

The Bears 19th pick in this years draft got a 4 year $8.27M contract.
The Bears 3rd round pick got a 4 year $2.1M contract.

PS - I am Packer season ticket holder. I tried to use the 20th pick guessing when Ball might go if considered the stud running back in college in 2012. The 20th pick showed as not being signed yet in the article I read so I went to 19th which was the Bears pick.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:15 am

Meade wrote:How was my answer not legitimate?

Montee Ball would mot be able to draw and kill 5 guys in the midst of 5-1 hand-to-hand comment. Steven Segal, maybe. Not Montee Ball.
wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:17 am

Meade wrote:
HawkHead wrote:So 5 guys start to beat Ball and they all deserve to die? Are there no other factors? Just death no matter what.

Attempted murder. Of course they deserve to die.

Attempted murder? Are you joking? Ball got assaulted. I will bet you $100 if the suspects are caught the DA will not change them for Attempted Murder. There isn't any evidence that I have read so far that even points to that conclusion. That could change if new evidence is brought to light.
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby scratch » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:21 am

wack wack wrote:
Meade wrote:How was my answer not legitimate?

Montee Ball would mot be able to draw and kill 5 guys in the midst of 5-1 hand-to-hand comment. Steven Segal, maybe. Not Montee Ball.

But Meade could pull it off. Surely you underestimate his awesome power. He'd have a hair trigger Glock on his hip and a derringer in his boot, right, Larry, you hunk of Internet manliness?
scratch
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:23 am

If you don't want your assault to be mistaken for attempted murder, don't deliver blows to your victim's head.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:26 am

scratch wrote:But Meade could pull it off. Surely you underestimate his awesome power. He'd have a hair trigger Glock on his hip and a derringer in his boot, right, Larry, you hunk of Internet manliness?

At 2:15 a.m. on a downtown Madison street? The 500 block of University Ave.?

I'd have 2 Glocks.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:44 am

"This is the type of crime that we have been concerned about occurring in that general area," [Madison police spokesman Joel DeSpain] said.

Last weekend, police put extra officers in the area around the 600 block of University Avenue, which has been the scene of a shooting that injured at least three people, stabbings, robberies and fights in recent months.

While the additional resources have been focused on weekends, when most problems occur, DeSpain said police will look at whether extra officers should be added during the week.

The increased police presence came after a sergeant had to use pepper spray after several fights broke out in a crowd early July 22 near the corner of University Avenue and North Frances Street.

In a statement, university officials said the crowds "are generally not believed to be made up of UW-Madison students" and urged students to use caution in the stretch of University Avenue where the violence has occurred.

"Take care of yourself and your friends when you're out late at night in this area," Dean of Students Lori Berquam said in the statement.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/college/ ... z22P7YnudM
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Headlines