MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, December 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 34.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Mustard Day is Sat, Aug 4

What are the things that puzzle, enrage, delight and tickle you as you go about your life in Madison?

Mustard Day is Sat, Aug 4

Postby Beaver » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Join the fun in Middleton. If you like health food bring your own.

http://mustardmuseum.com/annual-national-mustard-day/
JOIN US ON AUGUST 4, 2012!

National Mustard Day is celebrated annually at the National Mustard Museum on the first Saturday in August. It is a fun-filled day for the whole family and has traditionally included FREE hot dogs as well as music, games, other entertainment, FREE mustard sampling, and more. The Mustard Museum has been the official sponsor of this event since 1991.

In 2010, the event was moved to the current home of the Museum in Downtown Middleton, Wisconsin. With more than 6,000 enthusiastic mustard lovers in attendance and over $3,500 being raised for the Restoring Hope Transplant House, the 2010 event was definitely a huge success. The 2011 event also drew thousands and raised money for the Friends of the Middleton Library as well as the new nonprofit National Mustard Museum.
Beaver
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Mustard Day is Sat, Aug 4

Postby Mad Howler » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:42 pm

My family absolutely loves this spot. Unfortunately, as usual, this event collides with other obligations so we won't make it. The sweet and irresistible thing about this project is its irreverence makes mustard relevant. Check it out if you haven't, you might get what I'm talking about.
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:21 am

I haven't had the mustard custard since its inaugural run. Now I understand it comes laden with a salted caramel swirl. Hello, nurse.
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:47 am

This means something. This is important.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Athena » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:11 pm

The mustard custard is good for a few bites. The caramel adds some sweetness. But after those first few licks the whole thing becomes rather spicy and gave me a bit of a stomach ache. I don't think I'll do that again. But the free hot dogs are great :)
Athena
Forum Addict

Return to Town Vibe