MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, December 26, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 33.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Are You or Have You Ever Been a Muslim?

Postby david cohen » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:22 am

And now this woman is being threatened. I hope she goes after Bachmann on this one. Impeach Bachmann!
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:35 am

johnfajardohenry wrote: I said that investigating potential security risks, which Huma would seem to be on facts (Citizenship, money and the other facts I mentioned) is a legitimate function of a representative.

So someone is working directly with the Sec'y of State without a background check? a security clearance?

That's pretty shocking, if true. You know what? I'll bet its not true.

I just watched The Daily Show from last week. I learned that Bachmann got a campaign donation from HSBC, the bank that has been accused of money laundering for terrorists and drug cartels.
I hope the FBI is looking into this.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:25 pm

pjbogart wrote:Joe McCarthy is a black eye on our nation and the fact that you differentiate between the groups that investigated communist infiltration in our government, business and entertainment industries is more akin to winning a game of trivial pursuit than it is to establishing any profound intellectual point.

I don't know if you are ignorant or just being deliberately obtuse here.

One, McCarthy, investigated security risks by govt employees. Regardless of what one might think of him, his methods, targets and so on, I suspect that most people would agree that this is a legitimate Senatorial responsibility. (Just to be clear, I think so)

The other The House Committee on UnAmerican Activities, investigated, primarily, private citizens exercising their rights to speech, freedom of assembly and so on. I suspect that most people, including myself, would find this reprehensible. Perhaps even treasonous on the part of Congress.

But go on thinking what you want. You win.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Seems to me that any congressional investigation should include a doctor's report on the condition of Huma's vagina. There are several doctors in Congress, let one of them take a peek.

Her mother's organization Institute for Minority Muslim Affairs (IMMA) through its Journal for Minority Muslim Affairs (JMMA) supports ritual female genital mutilation saying that it is a requirement of the Koran. Huma was editor of the journal for a number of years so it would be fair to ask if she agrees with the journal position on FGM.

Her mother is Pakistani, where FGM is widely practiced. Huma was raised in Saudi Arabia where it is widely practiced. What about her, is she intact?

Can we have someone take a look?

Probably not relevant to whether or not she is a security risk. It would make a Hell of a distraction from Obama's serial screw-ups on the campaign trail, though.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:03 am

Where does Huma's money come from?

She and her layabout hubby are, as the song says, "Moving on up to that deluxe apartment in the sky"

Via Drudge from yesterday's NY Post:

Anthony Weiner and wife move into $3.3M Manhattan apt.
Sweet Weiner deal

By JEANE MACINTOSH, JENNIFER GOULD KEIL and JOSH MARGOLIN

Last Updated: 2:22 PM, August 13, 2012

Posted: 12:28 AM, August 13, 2012

Anthony Weiner’s wife not only took him back, she took him back in style — moving with the shamed pol into a luxurious, $3.3 million Manhattan pad owned by a deep-pocketed Democratic donor, The Post has learned.

After quitting his Queens House seat amid a notorious sexting scandal, Weiner and beautiful, brainy spouse Huma Abedin, a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, landed in the sprawling, 12th-floor Park Avenue trophy residence owned by Rosen Partners LLC, which is headed by close Clinton pal Jack Rosen, records show.
<snip>
The market-rate rent on Weiner and Abedin’s 2,120-square-foot, four-bedroom, 3.5-bathroom apartment — where the disgraced pol has said he spends his days doing laundry and changing baby son Jordan’s diapers — is at least $12,000 to $14,000 a month, real-estate sources said.
<Snip>
But Hillary Clinton spokesman Philippe Reines insisted that Weiner and Abedin pay “market rate’’ for the pad.
<Snip>

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/luxe ... a8aSoHxLPJ

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:07 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:Where does Huma's money come from?

What does it matter if it was not obtained illegally?

Where does Mitt's money come from? How about Obama? How about you or me?

Are you jealous that they have more money than you?
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:11 pm

johnfajardohenry wrote:Seems to me that any congressional investigation should include a doctor's report on the condition of Huma's vagina. There are several doctors in Congress, let one of them take a peek.

Hello Troll!

Are you seriously stating that anyone why wants to work for our country needs to have their vagina checked? :oops:

The above quote pretty much shows you really aren't open to debate or discussion. Vaginal probes for all!
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:01 pm

HawkHead wrote:
johnfajardohenry wrote:Where does Huma's money come from?

What does it matter if it was not obtained illegally?

But that is the problem, isn't it?

We do not know that it was not obtained illegally or against US interests. If she is getting money from the Saudi or Pakistani govt I suspect that this would be illegal unless she registers as a foreign agent. It would certainly be a conflict of interest for her to be a foreign agent AND near the top of the State Dept.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:14 pm

Were you ever a birther too?

Here's a little something to increase your paranoia: Mohammed takes top spot in English baby names
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby johnfajardohenry » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:05 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:Were you ever a birther too?

Actually I was.

Not about Obama, though. I have never questioned his Hawaiian birth.

I never thought that McCain was a "Natural Born Citizen", as he was not born in the United States.

John Henry
johnfajardohenry
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:31 am

JfH, looks like you've got company.

(Hank Williams, Jr.) said, "We've got a Muslim president who hates farming, hates the military, hates the U.S. and we hate him!"
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government