MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, August 29, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 72.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Lyin' Ryan

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Lyin' Ryan

Postby Stebben84 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Sure that seems minor, but it shows he habitually lies.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:10 am

It's not minor. From a runner's standpoint it's much worse than the GM comments. You don't accidentally claim a time that is over an hour faster than what you really did.

He lied. I question his character.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:54 am

bdog wrote:It's not minor. From a runner's standpoint it's much worse than the GM comments. You don't accidentally claim a time that is over an hour faster than what you really did.

I don't. I have no questions about his character at all--everything seems quite transparent.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:32 am

Detritus wrote:
bdog wrote:It's not minor. From a runner's standpoint it's much worse than the GM comments. You don't accidentally claim a time that is over an hour faster than what you really did.

I don't. I have no questions about his character at all--everything seems quite transparent.

I used to think he was 'true-believer' wrapped up in ideology. Now I'm convinced he's just a very convincing con-man.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:41 pm

It's kinda bizarre. There are so, so many of us out there who wouldn't be able to do even half a marathon. Walking. With rest stops.

Just finishing one of those things is a major source of pride. Why on god's little green earth would he go on national TV and finagle the facts on something as easy to check as that?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:43 am

Here he is denying that he voted for defense cuts:

RYAN: No, Norah. I voted for the Budget Control Act.

O’DONNELL: That included defense spending!

RYAN: Norah, you’re mistaken.

O’Donnell is, in fact, not mistaken. The Budget Control Act, as passed, included both the roughly $600 billion in “sequestration” cuts that will happen if there’s no compromise on the budget by December as well as the $487 billion of military-supported cuts that will take place regardless.

In the video clip, Ryan tries out his usual fast talking misdirection. "I tried to pass a different bill blah blah blah Obama's failed leadership blah blah blah". But he voted for the bill, and it contains defense cuts.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:33 pm

As the Romney/Ryan ticket is tanking, Ryan blames the media (of course).

GOP vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan acknowledged the Republican campaign's "missteps" on Sunday, calling Mitt Romney’s now-notorious “47%” comments “inarticulate,” while still defending the crux of his running mate’s argument.

Ryan also took the media to task for what he called bias against conservatives.
Asked to cite a specific example of media bias, Ryan demurred, instead asserting that most people who work in the media have liberal political affiliations and, therefore, would want a president who is a Democrat to win.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:37 pm

If you're read about Ryan helping out at a soup kitchen, you're probably wondering: isn't that in contradiction of his core beliefs? doesn't helping out these worthless parasites only enable their dependency and destroy their entrepeneurial spirit?

Fear not! Ryan stayed true to his ideology, and his hands were not sullied by altruism.

He added: “The photo-op they did wasn’t even accurate. He did nothing. He just came in here to get his picture taken at the dining hall.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/10/15/charity-president-unhappy-about-paul-ryan-soup-kitchen-photo-op/
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Fuck that cocksucker Ryan for what he did:

Ryan supporters have now targeted Antal and his soup kitchen, Antal said, including making hundreds of angry phone calls. Some members of Antal's volunteer staff have had to endure the barrage as well, he said. "The sad part is a lot of [the callers] want to hide behind anonymity," he said, adding that if someone leaves their name and number he has tried to return their call. In addition to phone calls, people have posted a few choice words on the charity's Facebook wall, including statements like "I hope you lose your tax [sic] emempt status," Anyone who is thinking about donations to you should think twice" and "Shame on you Brian Antal!"

It's a fucking soup kitchen. Screw Ryan and his piece of shit supporters.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/1 ... 80541.html

Oh and then this:

Ryan's surprise visit was an even bigger shock to people who run organizations dedicated to serving the needy back in his Wisconsin congressional district. The Huffington Post called soup kitchens, shelters and used-clothing donation box organizers throughout Ryan's district and turned up precisely one Ryan sighting -- and that was of his wife, shopping for clothes at a thrift store.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/1 ... 80541.html

The guy is a weasily piece of shit and I will be happier with his loss more than I would almost any other candidate.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:36 pm

We wonder why the country continues to become more and more divided. It's because of shit like this-- assholes who think it's kosher to deprive a soup kitchen of funding because they dared tell the truth about a last-minute photo op that didn't have permission to be there.

Maybe the question should be, why is a substantial portion of the population becoming more douchey by the minute?
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby minicat » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:03 pm

I think stebben's 2nd link is supposed to be this one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/1 ... 76623.html

Great follow up story, that all US voters should read.
minicat
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:25 pm

minicat wrote:I think stebben's 2nd link is supposed to be this one:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/1 ... 76623.html

Great follow up story, that all US voters should read.

Oops, thanks. I guess I was too riled up.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:53 pm

Stebben84 wrote:
Ryan supporters have now targeted Antal and his soup kitchen, Antal said, including making hundreds of angry phone calls. Some members of Antal's volunteer staff have had to endure the barrage as well, he said.

Pretending to help the people you despise the most, while setting them up for more abuse: priceless.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Whenever I read about Ryan or see him on the tube, I'm reminded of this song.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:53 am

A few more details:
She said she was told Ryan would talk with the society’s clientele, but he arrived so late that breakfast was over for quite some time.

Volunteers started to clean up, she said, when a Ryan campaign staff member asked them to leave some pots and pans unwashed so the VP nominee and his family could do something when he arrived.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government