MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, July 25, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 64.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Postby Shorty » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Why must the good Ryan suffer, while the evil Ryan runs for VP? Wish it were the other way around.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:53 pm

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Postby bdog » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:38 pm

swimmingupstream wrote:BDog Dave, thank you for posting pic. Swimmy

Sure thing. I'm enjoying this latest invention of yours.

Tell Jeremy chin up.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3212
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:26 am

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill????????

Postby Meade » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:57 pm

A repeated course of conduct or series of acts which harass or intimidate another person and which serve no legitimate (valid) purpose*
* Wis. Stat. § 813.125(1)
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill????????

Postby sallybell » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Meade wrote:
A repeated course of conduct or series of acts which harass or intimidate another person and which serve no legitimate (valid) purpose*
* Wis. Stat. § 813.125(1)


OK, you can cite statutes for civil restraining orders. Good for you! Now, if you can explain why you claim Ryan has criminal complaints pending against him, you get a gold star.
sallybell
Senior Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Postby snoqueen » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:25 pm

Geez, I thought Jeremy was exercising his right to assemble and petition his government for redress of grievances, or however it goes. If he'd been carrying a gun, people would have been jumping up all over to defend his Second Amendment rights, no?

He might have been obnoxious, but he was sincere and seems to have made a lot of friends.

I admire his fortitude and energy in the face of his own death, same as I admired Ben Masel's. That says a lot more about a person's character than which side of a political dispute he favors. To be at peace with your death and carry on with the activities you believed in throughout your life is about as good as it gets.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 11291
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 pm

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Postby Meade » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:32 pm

Ben Masel did not stalk, harass, intimidate, and bully people trying to do their jobs.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Postby Meade » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:35 pm

snoqueen wrote:That says a lot more about a person's character

What would it say about the character of a person if that person fakes illness and dying in order to get sympathy and donations from people who mean well but are easily duped?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Postby sallybell » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Meade wrote:What would it say about the character of a person if that person fakes illness and dying in order to get sympathy and donations from people who mean well but are easily duped?


What would it say about the character of a person if that person falsely (or perhaps mistakenly) claims someone is facing pending criminal charges, then refuses to either admit that they were either lying or mistaken?
sallybell
Senior Member
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Postby Meade » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:44 pm

Here is why I believe there may be criminal complaints against Jeremy Ryan: http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-comm ... 796245.pdf

RECOMMENDED CHARGES:

HARRASSMENT 947.013(1M)

Due to the fact that Guenther has moved out of her office inside the Capitol due to Ryans actions I would like to recommend the charge of harassment be brought against Ryan. Ryans actions since June have harassed and intimidated Guenther.

This Officer took no further action Officer Dave Davis #8829
Wisconsin State Capitol Police Department 07-23-2012


Read the report if you want to try to understand what "Ryan's actions" refers to.

If Jeremy Ryan dies at age 23, it will be very sad and a terrible waste. And he will be remembered as just one of many people in Wisconsin, with "good intentions" who were tooled - and whose young passions were manipulated - by older, smarter politicians and union leaders whose real interests were not in those young people but in holding on to their power, privileges, and positions.

Very very sad.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Postby pjbogart » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:58 pm

Meade, I'm not generally in the business of giving morons advice, but I suggest that you have a conversation with your wife about this so she can tell you to drop it. If Jeremy Ryan is indeed on his deathbed, and my understanding is that he's always been disabled, your accusations that he's faking his illness could wind up being actionable because he could assert that your false claims impeded his ability to collect donations to pay for his medical treatment.

If Jeremy Ryan was able to establish standing and damages, this thread would likely be evidence against you and your behavior would make you a very unsympathetic person to both a judge and a jury.

I'm not exactly a fan of Jeremy Ryan. But far be it from me to impugn his character by questioning his disability or illness. You're treading on thin ice at the moment with no upside and a huge downside.

You don't have to swing at every pitch.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 6094
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:57 pm

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill????????????????

Postby Meade » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:14 pm

PJ, smarten up. You are being repressive of debating public issues. And Jeremy Ryan has obviously made himself a public figure. I don't need your lame advice or anyone else's.

Get yourself in law school if you want to go around giving people legal advice. Meanwhile, if I were you, I'd hold on to my checkbook and think twice before writing any checks for donations to some poor con artist's "medical treatment".

Deathbed? How do you know Jeremy Ryan is on his deathbed? Where is the evidence? Why are you so sure you are not being duped?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill????????????????

Postby lukpac » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:26 pm

Meade wrote:Meanwhile, if I were you, I'd hold on to my checkbook and think twice before writing any checks for donations to some poor con artist's "medical treatment".


Any evidence of that, or just making shit up again, Larry?
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3362
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:51 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Postby Meade » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:37 pm

Evidence of what, lukpacskywalker? Of pjbogart being a foron who can be easily duped?

Just click on his name -- USER STATISTICS --- and then click on "Search user’s posts".

Knock yourself out, lukie.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3341
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Postby lukpac » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:48 pm

Meade wrote:Evidence of what, lukpacskywalker?


I guess you missed this last time:

Meade wrote:Meanwhile, if I were you, I'd hold on to my checkbook and think twice before writing any checks for donations to some poor con artist's "medical treatment".


What evidence do you have that Ryan is "some poor con artist"?
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3362
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:51 pm
Location: Madison

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Postby bdog » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:20 am

What evidence did Uncle_Leaver have? He's probably steeling himself for the lawsuits right now.

Someone reported he was on his deathbed. Then someone reported he was walking around. Maybe we've been duped by someone and it isn't Jeremy at all.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess
 
Posts: 3212
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:26 am

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

moviesmusiceats
Select a Movie
Select a Theater


commentsViewedForum
  ISTHMUS FLICKR

Promotions Contact us Privacy Policy Jobs Newsletters RSS
Collapse Photo Bar