MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Sunday, December 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 36.0° F  Overcast with Haze
Collapse Photo Bar

Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Postby Meade » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:21 am

Pocabridgethontas?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swimmingupstream » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:07 am

The reports from Facebook are that Jeremy is holding on. Many of us feared that his coming out to the Capitol and Labor Fest to boost our spirits would help send his health on a downward spiral.

Pray for him. It will be no less than a higher power's intervention if Jeremy gets back some of the function of his lungs and is allowed to continue fighting on. If that miracle happens he will truly be a soldier of a greater power!
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

Postby Phil » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:23 am

Jeremy is in my thoughts and prayers while I am out and about today.

Hopefully God's hand will reach down and touch Jeremy and give him more life so that he can continue to do his work helping others.

Unlike Meade, I am not a cynical bastard. So, I am hoping for a miracle!
Phil
Forum Addict

Postby Meade » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:50 am

Phil wrote:Unlike Meade, I am not a cynical bastard. So, I am hoping for a miracle!

Unlike me, and yet you ape what I said - hope for miracle - in my second comment of the thread.

Phil, you gullible phool.

Swimmer, any new Facebook updates on Jeremy's need for donations to purchase his medicinal Marlboro cigarettes? How much of that left lung has he left? Last I heard - from you - the right lung was gone and he only had 60% of his left. Can we donate through PayPal?

60%. Wasn't that about what Walker won by in the big recall election?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:15 am

lukpac wrote:
Meade wrote:Evidence of what, lukpacskywalker?

I guess you missed this last time:

Meade wrote:Meanwhile, if I were you, I'd hold on to my checkbook and think twice before writing any checks for donations to some poor con artist's "medical treatment".

What evidence do you have that Ryan is "some poor con artist"?

Bump.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Phil » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:37 am

Meade, why do you want Jeremy to die?

Doesn't that make you feel like a bad person?
Phil
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:45 am

Interesting perspective on SJR expressed by someone the other day. What if you received, in essence, a death sentence? What if your doctor told you that you wouldn't live past 24, that you had a degenerative disorder that could not be made better? How might you live your life?

Would you, like SJR apparently has, act out? How concerned about your reputation would you be? Would you care about how message board posters and bloggers perceive you? Would you live each day like it might be your last? What would that look like? Or is it impossible to put yourself in those shoes?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:57 am

Phil wrote:Meade, why do you want Jeremy to die?

Doesn't that make you feel like a bad person?

Meade wrote:Phil, you gullible phool.

Gotta side with New Media Meade the Moderate on this one, Phil. Are you aware that you appear to be quite gullible? Why do you want to highjack this thread and make it about Meade instead of the subject at hand? Why are you so eager to take the bait?

What is it about Meade's TDPF persona that draws you in and makes you want to try so hard to engage him in virtual discourse? Do you read Forum?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Phil » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:01 pm

I believe Meade can truly be a better, less hateful person.

I guess it is the Christian in me.
Phil
Forum Addict

Postby jjoyce » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:11 pm

Phil wrote:I believe Meade can truly be a better, less hateful person.

That's cool. You might consider taking your conversion elsewhere, however. I'm not really interested in turning the board over to some kind of personal intervention or a back-and-forth over who's a bad person.

Maybe some day in the not-too-distant future, Forons will stop playing this game where they let one person continually dictate the course of discussion.
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swimmingupstream » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Joyce,
Thank you for standing up for the integrity of my thread.
Much appreciated,
Swimmy
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

Postby Phil » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:28 pm

Meade has done this forum a great service. It has allowed us to peer inside the hateful conservative mindset.
Phil
Forum Addict

Postby Uncle_Leaver » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:46 pm

bdog wrote:What evidence did Uncle_Leaver have? He's probably steeling himself for the lawsuits right now.

Gawd help me, I feel the need to jump in here. Let me first say that although I've had issues with Jeremy's tactics in the past, I'm sorry to hear about his current health problems and hope he lives long into old age. Heart-related illness sucks the big one. I know this firsthand.

The post you quoted was admittedly harsh, but my objection was semantic. By definition, I don't believe anyone can claim to have died because I don't believe in ghosts. A defibrillator saved my ass and without it I wouldn't be writing this, but I would never claim to have died. Because I didn't (perhaps to the chagrin of a few on this forum). I don't doubt Jeremy is ill and my objection to Jeremy's turn of phrase is not the same as Meade's characterizing him as a con artist. If you can't see that, you're the bigger asshole, asshole.
Uncle_Leaver
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:45 pm

Here is something Jason wrote over a year ago that, in retrospect, looks quite prescient:

by jjoyce » Wed May 11, 2011 12:32 pm

I'm sure nobody has/had a problem with how Ryan chooses/chose to live his life until he started putting himself out front in the protests. In this latest stunt, not only does he disregard Sen. Bob Jauch, but he upstaged Jauch's heartfelt and impressive remarks with some mumbled and confusing treatise. And then he asked for money to help pay the fine.

When some use racist terminology at tea party protests, the rest of the movement steps up to call foul. Same goes for the fringe on the left, like the guy at the bank a couple weeks ago. In this case, what you're seeing is some frustration by those teachers and other public employees who have worked hard to keep the protests on message, reasonable and respectful. The problem is that when those folks go to work, some of the people left at the Capitol are left to do their thing without supervision.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=52255
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Here is another insightful post from a year ago by Jason:

by jjoyce » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:17 am

Oy, that's painful. [http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/990526101001/]

The only way to win that is to refuse the invitation to appear on TV. Has Jeremy Ryan ever, once, refused such an invitation?

Tip to Jeremy: Those who avoid looking into the camera, as you do here, appear shifty and untrustworthy.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government