MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters 
breese stevens field
Wednesday, July 23, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 66.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Segway Jeremy Ryan ill?

Postby jjoyce » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:02 pm

The New Media (Meade) never rest(s)!
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Joycetradamus!
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ryanj0 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:30 pm

This is Jeremy Ryan. I would just like to say a few words you can all reply I will see it but likely won't be able to respond as I have so little time and so much to do of which posting here is not much of a priority, let's just be honest. At this stage in my life everything is crystal clear.. I am completely at peace not many could be at a point like this and have literally no regrets nothing I wanted to try but didn't... As for my activism, I will say this... I was always on limited time... When I was born I only had a 2% chance of living with the docs suggesting even they give me up... I made it though and for a reason... I know my life had purpose as did my legacy... I took things as far as I did for a reason... We disrupted meetings only a handful of times... This had a purpose and worked flawlessly... You see at some point in my life I realized that a person is truly off of their game when in any emotional state... Happiness, anger, sadness, these are all things that on some level whether good or bad throw you off... I stayed because someone needed to.. When there was no one there between mid march and late march I stayed back.. Why? Because I could then get a personal connection with them and they would not like it.. This would throw them off and the disruptions of meetings would as well... It would also seat me as a guy who was not at all afraid of them... This cannot be faked you either are or aren't and if you truly live by a higher moral code you realize sometimes you have to intimidate... The press room incident was not one of these times... In fact I sang so low and it was so little a disruption they didn't even know what I said... I did say Dick Wheeler would not have called the cops but his daughter will... In a song, no other content, will post video at some point... What we as protesters did in the Capitol was an almost two year investment into WI future... We killed MANY MANY bills... Every bill that only made it to public hearing or executive session didn't make it through solely because of all of us... There wasn't a single bill I can remember that we didn't cover before mainstream... Our pressure made them falter they saw more people than ever before... Had we never disrupted meetings before just holding signs we never would have been arrested for filming or signs in committee meetings it was personal and we made it that way... I have known for some time this was coming... I lived every moment after as if it were my last from the first cardiac arrest onward... Just look at how the right attacks me... That alone shows what was accomplished.. But at the stage I am you cannot lie, all you have is the truth and that's all you care to purvey... I regret nothing as I did everything having fully thought it out... To be truly at peace with death and feel good and smile means that one must have really lived a good life... So take comfort in that and the rest please learn what you can from! And remember you don't have to be sober but be safe...

Jeremy Ryan
ryanj0

Postby snoqueen » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:41 pm

Speaking of deaths and of people who are dead, I can't let this one slide:

Ben Masel did not stalk, harass, intimidate, and bully people trying to do their jobs.

Meade, I knew Ben Masel since the time he arrived in Madison, in the early 70s if I'm not mistaken. (Ben was also one of the few people who knew who I am behind my forum screen name.) It took Ben a long time to grow up and become the mature and knowledgeable person he was by the end of his life. In the beginning he was just as callow as Jeremy Ryan, and I say that with respect for the convictions of both men. I (and other Madison old-timers) could tell you a few early Ben Masel stories that would put him right alongside Jeremy as far as being offensive-for-his-cause. We could start with a few pieces of street theater that were tasteless beyond belief, but you don't have a good enough sense of humor to hear about them so don't even dream of asking.

Someone whose life work is finished at 25 has not reached his prime in any way, and we may never know what Jeremy could have accomplished had he matured. That doesn't take away from the fact that he's facing his death in a mature way as Ben did, and for that I'm offering my respect.

I'm no big fan of street theater or hardcore protesting, but any person who lives his beliefs in a relatively harmless way has the right to do so, and that right -- which I believe is constitutionally protected -- is what I am defending here. If you don't extend these basic rights to people you may not agree with, what good are they?

And Jeremy, while I don't necessarily totally get what you are saying, I think you're the real deal. And I know you couldn't care less if I say that, which is excellent.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Haavan » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Meade - Your comments are crass and boorish.
Haavan

Postby Synthetic » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:32 pm

I read this: http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/3627/09/3627_1346796245.pdf

I have almost zero sympathy for this sycophant. Comparing him to MLK? Really? Can you imagine MLK mocking the dead father of an adversary?

Segway Jeremy is an immature self-promoter, and a transparent one at that.
Synthetic

Postby Ninja » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:00 pm

I'm not at all a fan of Mr. Ryan's behavior over the last couple of years. I know for a fact that he mislead people while claiming to educate them (whether deliberately or accidentally), and harrassing Dick Wheeler's daughter over his death is absolutely reprehensible. I'm very sad to hear about his health problems though, and I wish him the best of luck. His passion is noble, even though I think it's misguided.

But that's not why I'm posting. I'm posting to tell Meade that he's a fucking scumbag. I don't know what could possibly motivate a person to take this culture war nonsense to the degree that you do, but it's disgusting. And I've felt this way about you for a long time, but it took you're exceptionally offensive comments in this thread to motivate me to tell you what's up. Whether you think it's a joke, or an internet persona, or whatever, you're just a bad person. And I totally understand if that gets me banned from ever posting again. Fair trade.
Ninja
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Jburack » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Jeremy who just turned 24 has shown more bravery in the face of evil than any U.S. military soldier in some far off land.

Here's what I find pathetic. "Evil." Evil is not having to pay a few percentage points more on a mainly Cadillac health insurance policy or having to pay half on a pension most others would die for. Evil has nothing to do with what transpired in Wisconsin this past year plus, which is only the opening round of a process that will go on no matter what any of you wish. But the fantasy about evil is what leads to the painfully embarrassing fake martyrdom posturing going on here. It really is pathetic.
Jburack

Postby Mad Howler » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:51 pm

swimmingupstream wrote:I am seeing reports all over Facebook that his lungs are failing and he is on his deathbed.

Incredibly sad. A true Wisconsin hero.

I do not get the feeling that Jeremy should be too upset by those here who agitate against him. I have heard him here and elsewhere express the current place of peace he finds himself. Looking back to when I first got into TDPF I remberer SJR being a very active thread topic. Now this? Look it's fine if you don't like his flavor of agitation, but does it really matter in the context of a larger and more disgusting context?
It's not easy to speak truth to power especially if it comes off as clumsy.
Jeremy, I bid you peace.
MH
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Ninja wrote:But that's not why I'm posting. I'm posting to tell Meade that he's a fucking scumbag. I don't know what could possibly motivate a person to take this culture war nonsense to the degree that you do, but it's disgusting. And I've felt this way about you for a long time, but it took you're exceptionally offensive comments in this thread to motivate me to tell you what's up. Whether you think it's a joke, or an internet persona, or whatever, you're just a bad person. And I totally understand if that gets me banned from ever posting again. Fair trade.

Dear Ninja,
Telling Laurence Meade that he's a fucking asshole, scumbag, moronic, gold-digging twat is pretty much like saying that water is wet. If they banned people for saying such things, this place would have about four posters.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Mad Howler » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:52 pm

pjbogart wrote:Dear Ninja,
Telling Laurence Meade that he's a fucking asshole, scumbag, moronic, gold-digging twat is pretty much like saying that water is wet. If they banned people for saying such things, this place would have about four posters.

INDEED
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swimmingupstream » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:38 pm

It should not go unsaid...
Snoqueen rules.
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

Postby bdog » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:11 am

Uncle_Leaver wrote:...my objection to Jeremy's turn of phrase is not the same as Meade's characterizing him as a con artist.

Uncle_Leaver wrote:Anyone who gives this punk a dime should also be sure to forward their bank account number to some nice man in Nigeria. Wait ... scratch that. They're not equivalent enterprises. You'll likely get more for your money from the Nigeria deal.

LMAO.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby amused2death » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:12 am

Does anyone know what the MANY MANY bills were that he is claiming to have killed?
amused2death

Postby Meade » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:34 am

bdog wrote:
Uncle_Leaver wrote:...my objection to Jeremy's turn of phrase is not the same as Meade's characterizing him as a con artist.

Uncle_Leaver wrote:Anyone who gives this punk a dime should also be sure to forward their bank account number to some nice man in Nigeria. Wait ... scratch that. They're not equivalent enterprises. You'll likely get more for your money from the Nigeria deal.

LMAO.

Uncle_Leaver wrote:I don't doubt Jeremy is ill and my objection to Jeremy's turn of phrase is not the same as Meade's characterizing him as a con artist. If you can't see that, you're the bigger asshole, asshole.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government