MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Saturday, December 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 30.0° F  Light Snow
Collapse Photo Bar

Tommy vs Tammy

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

Re: Tommy vs Tammy

Postby Huckleby » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Cornbread wrote: her man hating leftist worldview

Tammy is not a man hater, not a bit. In fact, I would say her character, charm & authenticity will connect well with voters across the state.

She's not a great speechmaker, IMO, but she is very persuasive in other formats.

I don't think voters who care about her being a lesbian would vote Democratic anyway.

Her problem is being a liberal from Madison. Maybe that can be overcome, but I'm not betting the farm.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Sandi wrote:
It is interesting that Tommy setup BadgerCare and probably agrees with Obamacare.

BadgerCare is run by the state as is proper.

ObamaCare is run by the federal government which has no constitutional authority.

Government run healthcare belongs at the state level.

Obamacare allows a fair amount of flexibility to the states. The rub is that Obamacare demands that states attempt to achieve universal health care, that is the ideological rub, not the states rights red herring. The southern governors are mad even if the feds pay the bill.

It was the Republicans who were pushing for Tort Reform, which is the most massive intrusion into state authority imaginable. A "tort" is a state law, what justification is there for the feds trampling on the states judgements?

The other Republican bad idea was to push for unfettered interstate insurance purchases. Well, this effectively trashes the state authority for health insurance regulation.

I suppose you believe medicare, a federal program is unconstitutional. That train left the station a long time ago.

The states-rights argument is laughable on the face of it. It's all tactical posturing.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:24 pm

Huckleby wrote:Her problem is being a liberal from Madison. Maybe that can be overcome, but I'm not betting the farm.

Oh, come on, Huckleby, bet me. I could use an extra farm.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Cornbread » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:40 pm

Huckleby wrote:
Cornbread wrote: her man hating leftist worldview

Tammy is not a man hater, not a bit.

never met her, but have known quite a lot of lesbians in my life and, well, throw in the island of 'madison' and baldwin is just different todd akin, but less of a comb-over.

Why doesn't she run on what she believes in?
All for 'manufacturing jobs'? LMAO. She's a madison leftist democrat. They fluke working class people like that.
She should run on her actual record rather than her obama like conjob.
She should run on her leftist democrat environmental record--like say, her leftist tax and cap greenhouse gas scam.
She should run against coal and gas.
Many things she could run on as who the fluke she is, so why not just run on her record? Unlike zerobams she actually has a little one.

Her problem is being a liberal from Madison. Maybe that can be overcome, but I'm not betting the farm.

Yup. The internet's unblocking of the information blocking/adjusting/filtering hasn't been kind to the leftist dominated areas, no matter how much the dying mainstream media try and hang on to that five decade old dream.

I don't care who she bangs, but I am interested in why she and other lesbians want everyone else to pay for their birth control.
Fluke! Why do lesbians need birth control again?

Oh, and isn't that lesbians all about what the new democrat party's convention is all about?
Who is their face of the convention again?
Cornbread
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Sandi wrote: BadgerCare is run by the state as is proper.

ObamaCare is run by the federal government which has no constitutional authority.

Government run healthcare belongs at the state level.

One other point: BadgerCare is medicaid. It's Wisconsin's version of medicaid, paid for mostly by the federal government. Under medicaid, states set policy within guidelines.

Obamacare continues the pattern of state innovation in partnership with feds.

Some Republican governors want to "innovate" by continuing to have high levels of uninsured, lower income people. It's all about ideology, whether health care is a right for all citizens.

On some issues, slavery, integration, health care access among them, the states can not be allowed to perpetuate immoral policies. It is appropriate for the Feds to set broad expectations. The "states rights" call is just obstructionism.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:46 pm

Tommy's commercials star Tammy.

Tammy's commercials star Tommy.

We're fucked either way.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:57 am

Sandi wrote:ObamaCare is run by the federal government which has no constitutional authority.

Wrong. The U.S. Supreme Court, as final arbiter on issues of constitutionality, says the authority is there.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:39 am

Henry Vilas wrote:
Sandi wrote:ObamaCare is run by the federal government which has no constitutional authority.

Wrong. The U.S. Supreme Court, as final arbiter on issues of constitutionality, says the authority is there.

One of the two best reasons to reject Obama's reelection.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:01 am

Meade wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:

One of the two best reasons to reject Obama's reelection.

A Supreme Court ruling is a reason to reject Obama?
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:19 pm

The right wing "independent" group Club for Growth first supported Neumann (while trashing Tommy). Now they support Tommy over Tammy. A Wisconsin Realtors group has given the Wiconsin chapter of the Club a million bucks. Some local realtors are protesting that decision.

Bill Lueders reports.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:13 pm

bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:22 am

Did you think I'd find that story on FOX News? Not only Isthmus, but also madison.com carried Lueders' report. Any part of it non-factual?
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:59 am

I tuned-in at 7PM to watch Tammy Baldwin's speech as advertised, no show. Did anybody see her at convention?

I see Tommy is up 10 points in the polls.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby lukpac » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:57 am

Huckleby wrote:I tuned-in at 7PM to watch Tammy Baldwin's speech as advertised, no show. Did anybody see her at convention?

In speech to Dems, Baldwin targets Ryan, Walker and Thompson

Baldwin, running for U.S. Senate against Republican former Gov. Tommy Thompson, had been slated to speak in prime time after 7 p.m. Central, assuring a huge national audience on the convention's most-watched night. But her speech was moved, without explanation, to about 5:30 p.m. Her campaign did not respond to an email seeking a reason for the change.
lukpac
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:58 pm

well, that was a kick in the ovaries
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Local Politics & Government