MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 65.0° F  A Few Clouds
Collapse Photo Bar

iPhone 5 on Sept 12

Wiis, PlayStations, iPads, blogging platforms, Facebook and anything else worthy of buzz in the digital world.

iPhone 5 on Sept 12

Postby Shorty » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:35 pm

Apple is having a Sept 12 event where they are rumored to release a new iPhone, iPod touch, nano, and iMac. Are you excited? As usual iCantAffordIthem or iDontNeedthem. Except for the ipod touch which may be interesting to me.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57509 ... live-blog/

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20 ... r-roundup/
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: iPhone 5 on Sept 12

Postby Shorty » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:11 pm

11 things to do with your old iPhone

http://news.yahoo.com/now-11-things-old ... nance.html
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:42 pm

I'm tentatively holding my breath.

Is Jobs' vision still there? Has corporate governance-by-committee taken hold? I remember reading that one of his last projects was the iPhone 5.

Will the Most Valuable Company Eva™ continue to set the personal technology landscape for the next decade?
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Petro » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:52 pm

It's funny. For all of the people squawking about being unimpressed with the iPhone 5, Apple still sold out of the initial allotment (via pre-orders) before 5am today.
Petro
Forum Addict

Postby LargeMarge » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:37 pm

I liked that the iPhone has finally got 4G. That is what was my biggest gripe with Apple. I also like that they didn't make it as big as the Samsung Galaxy III. My pockets are not big enough for that phone.

I am really disappointed that their new map system doesn't have public transit nor walking directions. I would like a better camera, but I know it would have to get thicker. I wouldn't mind, but I think a lot of people would.(I am talking about real improvement in cell phone cameras not just increased megapixels with a crappy flash.) I wish it were waterproof, too.

With the new iPhone, I have really noticed a lot of iPhone bashing. I don't know why people are so angry. I like my current iPhone, I don't love it. It doesn't define me. I will probably end up with another one. I am eligible for an upgrade now, but I will probably wait until I can save on a refurbished model and they fix whatever inevitable bug the first ones have. Hopefully, they will fix the map by then, too.

My BF's experience with his Samsung Galaxy S2 was so horrible that I don't want to go Android. I also don't like how Verizon disables a lot of the cool stuff and puts its own shit on Android. (I know I can root it, but I don't really want to have to do so much to make my phone work.) I also don't like how you often can't or have to wait for OS upgrades.

I haven't seen any details that really count for the Windows phone: price and carrier. I don't want the current one since it can't be upgraded.
LargeMarge
Forum Addict

Postby fisticuffs » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:42 pm

With the new iPhone, I have really noticed a lot of iPhone bashing. I don't know why people are so angry.

Being anti-fanboi is the new fanboi.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:58 pm

LargeMarge wrote:My BF's experience with his Samsung Galaxy S2 was so horrible that I don't want to go Android.

I have that exact phone and I really can't complain. A couple glitches since I purchased it, but that was almost 2 years ago.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Return to Technology & Video Games