MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Saturday, September 20, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 72.0° F  Light Rain
Collapse Photo Bar

Stu Levitan made me feel creeped out and uncomfortable

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

What should I do?

Nothing - Stu was just "horsing around".
33%
Call the Madison Police - Stu should be charged with disorderly conduct.
33%
Call Mayor Soglin - Stu and Sogin are pals, Soglin can get this whole mess straightened out with just a phone call.
11%
Go to the Rotunda carrying a sign that reads " Boo Boo, Hoo Hoo, Soglin's a Creep, and So is Stu"
22%

Total votes : 9

Stu Levitan made me feel creeped out and uncomfortable

Postby Meade » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:21 pm

On his topic: "Soglin on Access: City Hall", Stu sarcastically comments on the market value of my home and insinuates that I don't really own it.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Stu Levitan made me feel creeped out and uncomfortable

Postby Westsidegal » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:30 pm

That was pretty creepy. What was he thinking?

Though Meade you are also a creep. Sorry, but it is true.
Westsidegal

Postby Meade » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Maybe I should wait about 19 hours before I do anything. I need to sober up and also get all my stories coordinated.

Also, I was just now looking out my window and saw someone taking photos of my house. What if that was Stu and he was gathering evidence of my having mowed my lawn without first getting a permit from the Landmarks Commission? And my tomatoes aren't heirloom - they might even be from genetically modified seed. Should I take the offensive - call the police and accuse him of creeping around like a peeping tom?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:08 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Meade doesn't know what sarcasm is.

Larry, you are the salt of the earth.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby other i » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:28 pm

He becomes part of the noise floor.
other i
Forum Addict

Postby fisticuffs » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Nate, I believe you misspelled "scum".
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Walter » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Nate actually misspelled "santorum".
Walter
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Meade, you have a marvelous ability to piss away any potential goodwill even before it has the chance to develop. That's quite a talent. Maybe you should go into politics.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Stu, if that was you taking pictures of my house and yard and peering into my windows today, I want you to delete those photos from your camera immediately. My grandnieces and nephews are visiting and I think that would be very creepy and disgusting of you if you were trying to take their pictures. I don't care if what you were doing was documenting the fact that I was hanging them by their toes upside down out the second floor window. That is none of your business. Oh, and when you shouted "boo"? I almost lost my grip and dropped the oldest one. Thanks a lot, perv.

What kind of creep are you?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:47 pm

But seriously, Stu. Let's suppose my home is worth what you say it is worth. That would mean I pay exactly how much in property taxes?

I'll give you a hint - it's a hell of a lot.

Now I read that the Parks Department has a spokesperson: Laura Whitmore. Why in the world does the Madison Parks Department need a spokeswoman and just how many of my tax dollars is she paid to speak for the Parks Superintendent, Kevin Briski? Why, all of a sudden, can't Kevin Briski speak for himself and his department?
http://www.wispolitics.com/index.iml?Article=279294
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stu Levitan » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:25 pm

Meade wrote:Stu, if that was you taking pictures of my house and yard and peering into my windows today, I want you to delete those photos from your camera immediately. My grandnieces and nephews are visiting and I think that would be very creepy and disgusting of you if you were trying to take their pictures. I don't care if what you were doing was documenting the fact that I was hanging them by their toes upside down out the second floor window. That is none of your business. Oh, and when you shouted "boo"? I almost lost my grip and dropped the oldest one. Thanks a lot, perv.

What kind of creep are you?

Meade, I think now would be a VERY good time for you to state unequivocally that I was NOT at your residence today.

And then give the City Assessor a call -- according to official records, the ownership on the place you live is listed as Ann A. Althouse. If you are indeed an owner, you should have the records reflect that.

I know what the taxes are on the place you live, but I have no idea how much property tax YOU pay.

I believe many city agencies have some sort of information officer, to respond to media and public inquiries, engage in external communications, etc. Briski has not hired one "all of a sudden." And I believe city salaries are a matter of public record. Look Ms. Whitmore's salary up yourself. Given the size of the city budget, and the property tax base, I would gainsay very few of your household's property tax dollars are at stake.
Stu Levitan
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swimmingupstream » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:57 pm

I have slammed Meade countless times here and on his mom's blog. But Stu if you are going to take a poke at him, including going down to the city/county building to look up how much his old lady (and I mean old, really old) paid for their house, then it is only fair that Meade gets to pull your hair back. Whining about it and huffing and bluffing that you might take legal action just makes you look wussy. Don't be a wuss Stu. And cut that beard already. It makes you look doubly creepy.
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

Postby Mad Howler » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:06 pm

swimmingupstream wrote:Stu if you are going to take a poke at him, including going down to the city/county building to look up how much his old lady (and I mean old, really old) paid for their house, then it is only fair that Meade gets to pull your hair back.

Erhh? City/county building? No walk needed at all, and likely as easily accessible anywhere on the planet toot snoot.
http://www.cityofmadison.com/assessor/p ... 0922216209
Mad Howler
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Shorty » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:08 pm

If Meade doesn't like it here he should move back to Cincinnati.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Postby swimmingupstream » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:12 pm

Mad Howler wrote:Erhh? City/county building? No walk needed at all, and likely as easily accessible anywhere on the planet toot snoot.

Well I was not sure if Stu has full access to the Internet in the institution were he currently resides.
swimmingupstream
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Local Politics & Government