MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Monday, September 22, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 39.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Why isn't the Bears/Packers game on TV?

Badgers, Packers, Mallards. Paddling, running, golfing. And bikes!

Why isn't the Bears/Packers game on TV?

Postby Shorty » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Why isn't the Bears/Packers game on TV tonight? I get a million Charter cable channels but no Packers. I want a refund.
Shorty
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Why isn't the Bears/Packers game on TV?

Postby Stebben84 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:49 pm

I will say this is total bullshit or I'm a moran. I don't own a radio and I searched long and hard on the interwebs for the game. I couldn't find video so I tried audio. 101.5 was playing Alice Cooper radio and WTMJ said that because of contractual agreements they couldn't stream audio. The only place I could find was the NFL network online and they show about 2 minutes of the game and then a bunch of dbags talking about it. Fuck the NFL network.

I've gone to a number of sites and can't get audio or video. Am I missing something?
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Igor » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:06 pm

NFL Network or the radio. I eventually found a bar that was not too crowded. The Village Bar in Middleton was showing a Rutgers game - I assume they did not have the NFL Network.
Igor
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Twigz2011 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:06 am

Late answer to your question, but you probably could have listened via Sirius/XM satellite radio through one of their receivers or online. They usually offer some kind of trial membership that is inexpensive or free. Looks like right now you can do 7 days free to assess the service.

In the past when I had it in my car, I enjoyed listening to their coverage of the games.

http://www.siriusxm.com/

Yeah-- loking at their site you can get service on some phones now too.
Twigz2011

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:55 am

Yep Thursday Night games are on NFL Network. Not available on Dish Network and not part of the basic package for Charter. It's on in every bar though. You missed some quality entertainment if you're a Packer fan. You didn't miss a damn thing if you're a Bear fan. In fact it's probably for the best you didn't watch.
fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fisticuffs » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:05 am

fisticuffs
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:15 am

fisticuffs wrote:Yep Thursday Night games are on NFL Network. Not available on Dish Network...

Actually, it is. Channel 154, I think. Gotta have "America's Top 200" package or higher to get it,.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:21 am

fisticuffs wrote:Yep Thursday Night games are on NFL Network. Not available on Dish Network and not part of the basic package for Charter. It's on in every bar though. You missed some quality entertainment if you're a Packer fan. You didn't miss a damn thing if you're a Bear fan. In fact it's probably for the best you didn't watch.

NFL Network is available on Dish, but only with a multi-sport package that includes MLB Network, Big Ten Network...(I had Dish the last three years before recently switching to Directv). You are correct about Charter. I'm not sure how much the tier is for residential, but a bar owner told me they get charged something like $260 a month for the sports package that includes the NFL Network.
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:38 am

Green Bay and Milwaukee TV markets get the NFL Network and ESPN games simulcast for their audiences. If the weather's right, and you use a digital tuner, you can sometimes pick up the Milwaukee broadcast. (According to inmate.com, the colloquial for the ecosystem of inmate conversation and gossip.)
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Francis Di Domizio » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:43 am

:(

It was broadcast in Milwaukee on Fox, don't know why that wouldn't apply to other parts of the state. I've given up trying to figure out the NFL broadcasting system. I will say based on what I saw last night, I would never, ever pay money for the NFL network.

ever
Francis Di Domizio
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Right Bower » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:51 am

O.J. wrote:
NFL Network is available on Dish, but only with a multi-sport package that includes MLB Network, Big Ten Network...(I had Dish the last three years before recently switching to Directv). You are correct about Charter. I'm not sure how much the tier is for residential, but a bar owner told me they get charged something like $260 a month for the sports package that includes the NFL Network.

We pay something like $180 a month for the Charter bundle-package-thing. Internet, phone, cable. Cable package includes MLB, NFL, Big Ten Networks.
Right Bower
Forum Addict

Postby Stebben84 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:02 am

Alas, no fancy cable/dish packages for me. NFL network had audio coverage, but I had to sign up which was the same with online satellite radio. I just got frustrated because I thought I would have no problem streaming from a variety of radio stations online. They seemed to all be blocked. Maybe I gave up too early.

Francis Di Domizio wrote::(

It was broadcast in Milwaukee on Fox, don't know why that wouldn't apply to other parts of the state. I've given up trying to figure out the NFL broadcasting system. I will say based on what I saw last night, I would never, ever pay money for the NFL network.

ever

Ya, that's kinda bullshit. I feel the same way about the NFL network. These fuckers make it as hard as possible to watch the game. Sure I could have gone to a bar, but I had shit to do at home and prefer to watch in the comfort of my own place.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:09 am

fisticuffs wrote:Yep Thursday Night games are on NFL Network. Not available on Dish Network and not part of the basic package for Charter. It's on in every bar though. You missed some quality entertainment if you're a Packer fan. You didn't miss a damn thing if you're a Bear fan. In fact it's probably for the best you didn't watch.

Yes, it's available on the premium Dish packages.

Coffee is for closers.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:46 am

When there's a Packers game on NFL Net and Fox picks it up in MKE and GB, it's only because those two markets are considered "primary" for the Pack. Madison is secondary. It's sort of a quirk that comes from having the Packers in tiny-market Green Bay.

I think Bone Thugs 'n Harmony said it best: "Make money money! Make money money monayyyy!"
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:08 am

jjoyce wrote:When there's a Packers game on NFL Net and Fox picks it up in MKE and GB, it's only because those two markets are considered "primary" for the Pack. Madison is secondary. It's sort of a quirk that comes from having the Packers in tiny-market Green Bay.

I think Bone Thugs 'n Harmony said it best: "Make money money! Make money money monayyyy!"

I believe that a Madiosn affiliate could have picked up the game to run over the air if they wanted to pay for it.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Sports, Recreation & Biking