MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Friday, August 29, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 84.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Mitt Romney 2012

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Mitt Romney 2012

Postby rabble » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Okay. Lemme see if I got this: Obama was in a race with some guy and a story surfaced that caused a scandal and Obama won.

This means Obama's gotta be connected to the mob or somethin like that because he got a freakin newspaper to find a scandal story and print it. Or he found the story and got them to print it. Or the mob found the story and made the newspaper run it. Anyway the point is that story only got printed so Obama would win.

Is that it or am I missing a part?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby HawkHead » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:50 pm

When your opponent goes to swinger clubs and it gets leaked you know it has to be Obama. It was Obama that drove them there. Obama who told them about the place. It was Obama who set the swingers club up in the first place because he knew that he would need it to smear his opponent to win the election.

That Muslim Kenyan is a bad mo fo. Don't mess with him or it might be Navy Seal Team 6 coming for you with their 6,000 hollow tip bullets. :oops:
HawkHead
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:57 am

Galoot wrote:Romney thinks that cold fusion is the answer to our energy needs, and that is how we should be "conducting electricity":

I believe in laboratories, looking at ways to conduct electricity with -- with cold fusion, if we can come up with it. It was the University of Utah that solved that. We somehow can’t figure out how to duplicate it.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/9 ... EtUO42PWJr

Good Dog, the man's ignorance of science is astounding.

Fucking wow. Even the climate-change deniers aren't this clueless. Who is advising him on this?
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Detritus » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:31 am

DCB wrote:
Galoot wrote:Romney thinks that cold fusion is the answer to our energy needs, and that is how we should be "conducting electricity":

I believe in laboratories, looking at ways to conduct electricity with -- with cold fusion, if we can come up with it. It was the University of Utah that solved that. We somehow can’t figure out how to duplicate it.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/9 ... EtUO42PWJr

Good Dog, the man's ignorance of science is astounding.

Fucking wow. Even the climate-change deniers aren't this clueless. Who is advising him on this?

I'm not sure he has any science advisors. I can't find any, googling somewhat lazily on a Sunday morning.
Detritus
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:11 am

No Republican has ever won a Presidential election without carrying Ohio.

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/ ... H_9912.pdf
O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby O.J. » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:35 pm

O.J.
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Remember back when Romney was a 'moderate'? Then-Governor Mitt meeting with LGBT representatives:

At one point, Romney remarked, “I didn’t know you had families.” Goodridge recalls her final exchange with the governor, which proved to her that he had “no capacity for empathy”:

GOODRIDGE: Governor Romney, tell me — what would you suggest I say to my 8 year-old daughter about why her mommy and her ma can’t get married because you, the governor of her state, are going to block our marriage?

ROMNEY: I don’t really care what you tell your adopted daughter. Why don’t you just tell her the same thing you’ve been telling her the last eight years.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby DCB » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Romney has a new ad boldly supporting coal miners. Sort of.
In the ad, Romney appears on a stage before rows of hard-hatted miners, their faces smudged with coal dust, as he says, “We have 250 years of coal. Why wouldn’t we use it?”

The rally was held last month in Beallsville, Ohio, thick with miners from the Century coal mine, owned by Murray Energy, a major donor to Republican causes. Within days of the rally, Murray employees contacted a nearby morning talk radio host, David Blomquist, to say they were forced to attend the Aug. 14 event at the mine.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/la-p ... 6201.story

Forced to attend, without pay, to create a photo-op for a campaign ad.
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Romney is finally releasing his 2011 tax returns. He paid 14% of his income in federal taxes. He also said it is "small minded" to ask about them.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby fennel » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:34 pm

Looks like he fudged a bit by declining certain deductions in order to inflate his rate. Says TPM, it would otherwise be around 12.2%.
fennel
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:11 pm

File this under "The fucking stupidest question ever"

“I appreciate the fact that she is on the ground, safe and sound. And I don’t think she knows just how worried some of us were,” Romney said. “When you have a fire in an aircraft, there’s no place to go, exactly, there’s no — and you can’t find any oxygen from outside the aircraft to get in the aircraft, because the windows don’t open. I don’t know why they don’t do that. It’s a real problem."

Derpa, derpa I'm an idiot

Emphasis mine. Is this really the type of dumb ass we want running our country?
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby snoqueen » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:17 pm

From someone who has no idea where electricity comes from and thinks the future lies in cold fusion (or something) it's no surprise. Unfortunately, the quote won't make a good negative ad because most of the public wouldn't get the joke.

But remember: when trapped in an elevator, don't yell or you'll use up all the oxygen, same as in an airplane.
snoqueen
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:59 am

snoqueen wrote:Unfortunately, the quote won't make a good negative ad because most of the public wouldn't get the joke.

I wondered about that too. Is the general public really that uneducated? Then I read this and was reminded that Mythbusters did a segment on explosive decompression on airplanes.

Plus we have all those action movies where somebody shoots at somebody and makes a hole that explodes open like a spray can in a burning barrel and expendable passengers go flying out like grains of chaff.

And we all know if your plane is infested with snakes, you shoot a couple windows.

So it is entirely possible that a large segment of the general population does indeed know what would happen if you opened an airplane window at 35 thousand feet and would be happy to explain it to the other bar patrons who don't.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby kurt_w » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:03 am

I'm guessing that Romney was making a joke about the airplane windows. I don't think it was intended to be taken seriously.
kurt_w
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:20 am

I guess that's possible. It seems like they'd have said that by now though. Looks like he even fooled Rachel Maddow.

Could you help me out with an explanation for the part about needing more oxygen if you have a fire?
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government