MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, October 30, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 50.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

Never Having to Say You're Sorry

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Never Having to Say You're Sorry

Postby Huckleby » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:18 pm

The Republicans have been working the aplogizer angle for three years. Mitt wrote his book two years ago around this theme. It's not working. I strongly suggest they keep it up for the next 50 days.

Sean Hannity viewers are convinced that Obama began his presidency with an apology tour. Most Americans don't care, those who are educated on foreign affairs see Obama's presentation to the outside world as welcome and smart and not apologetic.

Right wingers sincerely believe that Obama failed to support the overthrow of Iran three years ago. They sincerely believe that Obama has appeased radical Islamists. I don't care how disconnected these views are from reality, I want FOX NEWS to ride the "Jimmy Carter II" bandwagon all the way to November. Maybe they can cut Obama's foreign policy favorabily lead over Mitt from 16 points to 15 points. Better that than discussing the economy.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Re: Never Having to Say You're Sorry

Postby Huckleby » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:24 am

Kirsten Powers is the House Liberal at Fox News. She is very attractive, smart and has large, empathetic liberal eyes.
What I notice is that she takes liberal positions most of the time, but on important issues where the righties are looking over-the-edge harsh, she saves the conservative bacon by offering her caring liberal cred to their side of the ledger.

Check out her scathing editorial, blaming the Administration for apologizing and (my God!) blaming the victims of Mideast violence:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/09/ ... -violence/

All of the moderate REpublican commentators - Russ Douhout, Kathleen Parker, etc. are doubling-down on the Obama the Apologizer narrative. I think they are sincere, there is a logical way to interpret the initial embassy statement as an apology if you want to badly enough. But the degree of their passion indicates they are the calvary rushing in to save their man who is faltering in the polls.

The mideast has calmed down, and most media outlets have eased-off coverage. You would think from watching FOX that the entire Mideast is in flames, and that the majority population of whole region was spiting the Great Apologizer because they smell weakness. They think they finally have a winning issue, and they are not letting go - the "We Built That" theme didn't have legs and here's a new angle to try.
Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:02 am

Huckleby wrote:The mideast has calmed down, and most media outlets have eased-off coverage. You would think from watching FOX that the entire Mideast is in flames, and that the majority population of whole region was spiting the Great Apologizer because they smell weakness.

From FOX's subsidiary POLITICO:

“I think our approach right now is to not do anything until we’ve been requested to do it by the State Department,” Panetta told reporters traveling with him aboard a U.S. military aircraft to Asia. But he noted that, “I think that we have to continue to be very vigilant because I suspect that … these demonstrations are likely to continue over the next few days, if not longer.”
Protests by furious Muslims erupted in countries around the world in recent days, with some spawning violence and even deaths over an anti-Islam video shot in California that denigrates the Prophet Muhammad. In places like Libya, Sudan and Tunisia, protesters stormed U.S. embassies, and an American fast food restaurant was burned in Lebanon.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81261.html
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:49 am

Huckleby
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Huckleby » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:08 am

Watch conservatives rethink middle eastern democracy before your very eyes:

http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:cms:video:thedailyshow.com:419114
Huckleby