MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, November 28, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 28.0° F  Fog/Mist
Collapse Photo Bar

"Romney boasts about Bain's slave labor profits"

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: "Romney boasts about Bain's slave labor profits"

Postby DCB » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:13 am

pjbogart wrote:And it's all cued up on tape, ready for a TV or radio commercial near you.

Romney asked that the rest of video be played. I think it goes something like this:

"So 47% won't vote for me right off the bat. 52% of Americans are disgusted with me because of my complete lack of human empathy. And the 1% are fed up that I'm running such a shitty campaign.

In other words, I need all the help I can get. Please give generously."
DCB
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:28 am

DCB wrote:Romney asked that the rest of video be played. I think it goes something like this:

Good take, but the actual rest of the video contains evidence that Romney has no idea how a dirty bomb is made.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:34 am

Ned Flanders wrote:In the meatime, we've just had an ambassador kidnapped, sodomized, murdered and dragged through the streets by the 7th century throwbacks that Obama so loves to bow to.

In the meantime, we've got Ned making things up as a distraction from this topic.

Video shows Libyans trying to rescue US ambassador
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:51 am

Henry Vilas wrote:In the meantime, we've got Ned making things up as a distraction from this topic.

Yeah, that struck me as incredibly bizarre too, but then a quick web search shows that he's just parroting the vile rumors being spread in the right-wing blogosphere.

As usual.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:02 pm

If untrue, I retract that portion of my post. We're still left with the fact that Obama and Hillary had prior warnings of the violence (it was 9/11, duh) and did nothing to protect the ambassador and his staff. Of course and as usual, they're getting a "pass" from the LSM.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:17 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:If untrue, I retract that portion of my post. We're still left with the fact that Obama and Hillary had prior warnings of the violence (it was 9/11, duh) and did nothing to protect the ambassador and his staff. Of course and as usual, they're getting a "pass" from the LSM.

Ned, as you probably noticed, the title of the thread is about Mitt Romney and his tenure with Bain Capital. Did you have something to add to that story?

Besides, the notion that the President wakes up in the morning and makes specific security decisions such as how many guards to post at various embassies is absurd, even for you. "Oh, and put three extra guards at the checkpoint south of Kabul's airbase. I have a feeling a suicide bomber is going to come from the south today."
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:14 pm

Ned Flanders wrote:If untrue, I retract that portion of my post.

We are still waiting for that retraction.

BTW:
Around 30,000 Libyans marched through the eastern city of Benghazi on Friday in an unprecedented protest to demand the disbanding of powerful militias in the wake of last week's attack that killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Previous

Return to National Politics & Government