MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus on Twitter · Facebook · Flickr · Newsletters · Instagram 
Tuesday, September 2, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 62.0° F  Fair
Collapse Photo Bar

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at Andrews Air Force Base

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at Andrews Air Force

Postby Rich Schultz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:31 pm

I don't know which is more hilarious, Ned's photoshops or the Vulcan reaction to Ned's photoshops, or is that racist?

"Islam is a great religion" Sec. of State Hillary Clinton
Rich Schultz
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Rich Schultz wrote:"Islam is a great religion" Sec. of State Hillary Clinton

Ya, I guess we've never heard of Christians doing anything stupid and irrational in the name of God. Those clinic bombings only killed a couple people. Haven't heard much from you Rich Tool. Good to see that you're towing the company line. Kudos.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:07 pm

Islam is exactly as great as every other religion.
So, technically, Clinton was right, although I agree that we shouldn't be tolerant of superstitious nonsense no matter what the source.
That was your point, right, Rich?
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jjoyce » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:09 pm

pjbogart wrote:And yes, I recognize that there's a difference between Ned's photo and obviously photo shopped material

It seems to me that the image on this thread is obviously photoshopped. The intent is to have a laugh. Some won't find it funny, some will.

What's that they say about those who can't take a joke?
jjoyce
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:14 pm

jjoyce wrote:It seems to me that the image on this thread is obviously photoshopped. The intent is to have a laugh. Some won't find it funny, some will.
I might think it was funny if someone could explain why it's supposed to be. Still seems like a pretty innocuous picture to me, fake or not.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:18 pm

Prof. Wagstaff wrote:
jjoyce wrote:It seems to me that the image on this thread is obviously photoshopped. The intent is to have a laugh. Some won't find it funny, some will.
I might think it was funny if someone could explain why it's supposed to be. Still seems like a pretty innocuous picture to me, fake or not.

Waggy, no need to over-analyze great art. Just sit back and appreciate it.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Prof. Wagstaff » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Oh, I get it now. It's funny because it shows Ned's desperation.
Prof. Wagstaff
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:27 pm

I must confess that I've posted this photo(shopped) pic before:

Hope this doesn't get JfH too hot and bothered.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:37 pm

pjbogart wrote:Off topic, I've often wondered what interest TDPF feels it's serving by allowing nonsense like Ned's. .

I'm sure v.o. is asking himself the same question.
pjbogart wrote:The Isthmus is a news organization, right?.

Well, it's no MSNBC
pjbogart wrote: If I were to post doctored photos of politicos on CNN's news site, do you think they'd tolerate that?

Probably. But we're positive that Dan Rather would.
pjbogart wrote:they'd simply deactivate my account.

A girl can always dream....
pjbogart wrote: Allowing their website to be a playground for liars does not preserve their integrity.
Isthmus' integrity was lost with Bookie's first restaurant review.
pjbogart wrote: It's intended to give the impression that the President and Hillary Clinton are not serious, drinking on the job, perhaps engaged in an extra-marital relationship and just generally unprofessional. And those black men are always after our white women!
There is not doubt that Obama's pimp hand is very strong.
pjbogart wrote:In Ned's defense, perhaps he didn't realize it was a photo shop.

Guilty as charged. I was duped by the libs that run Google image search.
pjbogart wrote:The Isthmus has no interest in preserving people's right to lie.

But where would Hank go if he couldn't post here? His cushy pension only affords so many exotic vacations and craft beer quaffing.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby wack wack » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:53 pm

Henry Vilas wrote:I must confess that I've posted this photo(shopped) pic before:

Wait, this is photo-shopped?

wack wack
Forum God/Goddess

Postby amused2death » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Speaking of funny, I am constantly amused by PJ's selective outrage and consistent spin. Is it just spin or is it lies? Wonder if pj is asking that he be punished or if only those that he disagrees with should be?
Last edited by amused2death on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amused2death

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:07 pm

amused2death wrote:Speaking of funny, I am constantly amused by PJ's selective ooutrage and consistent spin. Is it just spin or is it lies? Wonder if pj is asking that he be punished or if only those that he disagrees with should be?

Good 'ol pj has been trying to get people banned since day one. He must be mistaking TDPF with the Harvard Business Review or something.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Ned's Mom » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:06 pm

My boy's always been one to play with scissors and make silly collages of random images. He showed such aptitude early on, writing letters to the neighbors with snippets from the Pioneer Press. He was always so sympathetic, writing to them about their missing cats! Neddy's always been an animal lover.
Ned's Mom

Postby Ned Flanders » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Ned's Mom wrote:My boy's always been one to play with scissors and make silly collages of random images. He showed such aptitude early on, writing letters to the neighbors with snippets from the Pioneer Press. He was always so sympathetic, writing to them about their missing cats! Neddy's always been an animal lover.

I'll always help search for a missing pussy. It helps when the forest isn't so dense and overgrown.
Ned Flanders
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:36 pm

amused2death wrote:Speaking of funny, I am constantly amused by PJ's selective outrage and consistent spin. Is it just spin or is it lies? Wonder if pj is asking that he be punished or if only those that he disagrees with should be?

Nice try, but you can't really call a photo shopped picture a "disagreement". Either it's real or it isn't. Fact or fiction. In this case, fiction. Ned Flanders is welcome to his opinion that Obama is somehow responsible for lax security at an embassy in Libya, ludicrous as I may find that opinion, but he is not entitled to the opinion that a fake photo is actually real. It's not.

And Jason's assertion that the picture is obviously photo shopped is pretty questionable. Wags didn't realize it. I would guess a few lurkers didn't realize it. I think that using the Daily Page as a vehicle to spread disinformation is shameful and shouldn't be allowed. I understand that sometimes it's difficult to separate facts and opinions, but in the case of a doctored photo, the case is pretty clear.

Despite fairly strong disagreements with Arturo, John Henry and Dangerousman, I don't believe I ever suggested that any of them be punished for their posts. But Dangerousman doesn't come on here claiming that Obama introduced legislation banning all guns, he simply drones on and on about his love of guns. I think that's strange, possibly unhealthy, but Dangerousman is welcome to his opinion.

And my outrage isn't nearly as selective as you think. As for spin, I think you use that term to describe anything you disagree with.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government