MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Thursday, November 27, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 19.0° F  Partly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Best of TDPF

Comments on the paper, the website, the mobile site and all other Isthmus-generated products go here.

Re: Best of TDPF

Postby bdog » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:31 pm

rabble wrote:A friend got me a job as stagehand for a series of Grateful Dead concert in Alpine Valley in the mid 80's. On the last day just before show time I was getting ready to climb up the ladder and work a spot, and Jerry walked up to me and said "Seen Bob?"

I said "Yeah he's in there."

And I swear to god, he smiled and looked me right in the eye and said:
"Thanks."

And then he left.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Dairylander » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:16 pm

Xiao Mao wrote:Veggie juice is good!
Celery cucumber apple today... and I feed the pulp to my chickens.
The eggs are pretty colors.
Dairylander
Forum God/Goddess

Postby ilikebeans » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:20 pm

DCB wrote:I was totally wrong about the balloons, though. They went with confetti. Must be one of those Kenyan traditions.
ilikebeans
Forum God/Goddess

Postby jman111 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:49 pm

wack wack wrote:Now, here's how the peter principle REALLY works: people of marginal talent get promoted while the people with real talent are left behind to do actual work. In corporate America, middle management is a giant pile of irresponsibly promoted shit.
jman111
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:08 pm

Mean Scenester wrote:Snobs will be snobs, I guess. But that's what you get from someone like JFH, who graduated from Whereverthefuck U summa cum asshole.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Henry Vilas » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:21 am

Petro wrote:No one likes tofu. It's just something vegetarians eat so that they're not broken in half in strong winds.
Henry Vilas
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Galoot » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:21 am

Stebben84 wrote:
Henry Vilas wrote:Is that the royal we?

No, it's the asshole we.
Galoot
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:53 pm

ilikebeans wrote:
O.J. wrote:
Meade wrote:Yes, Romney needs to work on his analysis: As jonny go this pen points out, the percentage of the electorate who are truly dependent on government for their well-being and welfare is more like 22%.

Add the 25% who are collectivists and believers in the Holy Church of Government Redistribution, and you get to Romney's 47% number. The 22% with the 25% form a political coalition.

Too bad for the 25% as more and more of the 22% come to realize that it's the 25% who wants (and needs) to keep them down in the 22% in order to maintain power and authority.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

And, for those that don't have access to speakers or headphones at the moment:
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:50 pm

An internet cliché qualifies for "best of tdpf"? Ironically, it's as if you are rewarding yourself points you don't deserve.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Added to the list of things Meade doesn't understand (currently includes 'sarcasm') - irony.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Stebben84 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:43 pm

rrnate wrote:Added to the list of things Meade doesn't understand (currently includes 'sarcasm') - irony.

Add cliche

Maybe not so much doesn't understand as doesn't know what one is. Sorry Meade, a quote from a movie is not a cliche. Better luck next time.
Stebben84
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:03 pm

Stebben84 wrote:
rrnate wrote:Added to the list of things Meade doesn't understand (currently includes 'sarcasm') - irony.

Add cliche

Maybe not so much doesn't understand as doesn't know what one is. Sorry Meade, a quote from a movie is not a cliche. Better luck next time.

rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Stebben84 wrote:Sorry Meade, a quote from a movie is not a cliche. Better luck next time.

Sorry Stebben84, an overused quote or phrase from anywhere is a cliché. Would you like me to google it for you?
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Igor wrote:
The European Cyclists’ Federation says that bicyclists in its domain have the same risk of serious injury as pedestrians per mile traveled.

Or to put it another way, you are at least three times more likely to injure yourself on a bicycle than as a pedestrian, per hour.

The only thing more annoying than bad math is hoping the reader is bad at math. The fact that it often works doesn't make it any less annoying.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby pjbogart » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:46 am

Dedering wrote:Meade, your an admin right? What is happening to all of my responses? Every time I submit a response it says that I should await the approval of a moderator. Will I need to wait until business hours tomorrow?

To add to this bizarre exchange, the admin was busy erasing about five inane posts by Meade, one of which Dedering managed to quote before it was erased.
pjbogart
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to Comments on Isthmus & isthmus.com