MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Friday, November 21, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 28.0° F  Mostly Cloudy
Collapse Photo Bar

Impressions of the Debate

Races for the Senate, U.S. House, etc. and other issues of national importance.

Re: Impressions of the Debate

Postby bdog » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:54 pm

What did I think of the debate?

I wonder if Obama still wants to be president. But I've already said that haven't I?

FWIW, the latest round of stupidness was started (again) by Mr. Passive Aggressive:

Henry Vilas wrote:
bdog wrote:It wasn't your vote he was after peej, it was mine.

Now you are a moderate independent? Ha!
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:12 pm

He started it! That drug user over there, him! I'm not a drug user so when it seems to me that he started something, I make fun of the possibility that he might have taken a drug decades ago.

That means I'm the smart one.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:23 pm

..and now you are continuing it.

Rabble if you don't want to talk about the debate go spam some other thread.

Does anyone else think Obama is tired of being president?
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:30 pm

You fucking pothead.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Rabble, a pussy as always.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Aw jeez. You poor little fella. Pissed off because somebody jumped into the pigsty with ya?

Maybe you should have thought of that before you took the pussy, coward, whineybaby tactic with that "he took acid and I didn't" crap.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:38 pm

rabble wrote:You fucking pothead.

You think Obama still finds that "pot [helps], and booze; maybe a little blow when [he can] afford it. Not smack, though" ?

Obama, Barack (2007-01-09). Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance (Kindle Locations 1743-1757). Random House, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Ha ha ha Rabble. Are you really such a loser that you have to get in the middle of the games that Henry and I play with each other?

Get a life you fucking pussy.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rabble » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Okay, so let's recap. It is mentioned somehow that somebody took lsd decades ago. bdog uses that in a holier than thou episode, then starts bringing it up every time he gets bested in an argument. I jump into the middle of it, bdog gets pissed, throws a tantrum, and tells me to get on topic. He then informs me that he and Henry are playing a game and he doesn't want me in it.

And that I should get a life.

In this fashion bdog demonstrates how much of a life he has.
rabble
Forum God/Goddess

Postby bdog » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Strangely missing from your recap is the fact that Henry also brings up my alcohol use whenever he can. Hey, no problem it's fair game since I brought it up, as did he with his acid dropping.

Rabble please point out how I was "bested" in this argument. Henry basically called me a tea party supporter. Does the tea party support abortion, gay rights and "fuck God"?

Hey if those are tea party talking points I guess I was "bested".

I await an intelligent response. But won't hold my breath.
bdog
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:31 pm

bdog wrote:Does anyone else think Obama is tired of being president?

The question should be: Does anyone NOT see that Obama is tired of being president?

It's obvious now for everyone to see and now many of his supporters are beginning to openly say it: The man is an empty suit. He has never really performed the job. He was nothing more than The Candidate (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1268264479). Being a candidate is what he excelled at. Being president - even HE knows he hates the job he has never been competent at.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Radical Cheerleader » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:24 am

Meade wrote:
bdog wrote:Does anyone else think Obama is tired of being president?

The question should be: Does anyone NOT see that Obama is tired of being president?

It's obvious now for everyone to see and now many of his supporters are beginning to openly say it: The man is an empty suit. He has never really performed the job. He was nothing more than The Candidate (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1268264479). Being a candidate is what he excelled at. Being president - even HE knows he hates the job he has never been competent at.

You're such a typical conservative. He hasn't done the job that you wanted, but he's done the job. What a dumb thing to say! As far as him wanting the job, his being unprepared for the debate doesn't mean he wants to lose. It means that he was busy doing his job *see above*, which always gives an incumbent a disadvantage, and that he likely underestimated his opponent's debating skills since he had a cake walk with the McCain debates four years ago. Also, we have no idea what's going on in his personal life. The guy truly loves his wife and family, and I'm sure that it's hard for him to miss out on so many things with them like his 20th wedding anniversary. Obama still has a very competitive edge, though, and he definitely still wants the office. If you watch his speech in Madison the day after the debate, he made it perfectly clear that he's in it to win it.
Radical Cheerleader
Forum Addict

Postby Donald » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:08 am

What the right and the left seem to agree on is that Romney won the debate. I suppose if you're judge a high school debate, yeah, Romney spread Obama, who didn't counter all of Romney's points. But spread isn't the only way to decide a debate. Romney's "debating skills" amounted to spreading Obama based on distorting his own positions. When you have to resort to abusive argument, you lose.
Donald
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:31 am

Radical Cheerleader wrote:You're such a typical conservative.

You are full of yourself, Radical Cheerleader. Fit this into your template of a "typical conservative": In May 2008, I voted in Ohio in the Democratic primary for Hillary Clinton. Here is one big reason why: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD9F1t9G ... r_embedded

Hillary Clinton would have been a better president. Barack Obama was an empty suit then and he is an empty suit now. And whether they care to admit it or not, most of his supporters know it.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby david cohen » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:58 am

Please, the debate, not the attention whore. Thanks!
david cohen
Forum God/Goddess

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics & Government