MOBILE USERS: m.isthmus.com
Connect with Isthmus:         Newsletters 
Wednesday, October 1, 2014 |  Madison, WI: 68.0° F  Overcast
Collapse Photo Bar

RwP: Obama (Fail), Obama (Win) and Ann Althouse's Concerns

Please limit discussion in this area to local and state politics.

RwP: Obama (Fail), Obama (Win) and Ann Althouse's Concerns

Postby Schabow » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Hello all,

This week on Rants without Pants, I become President Obama’s debate coach to help him out for the next debate, I discuss the very encouraging job numbers that were released Friday and I try to figure out why Ann Althouse and 2 other UW Professor’s are so upset about Obama visiting UW Madison.

Video From my blog: http://www.shabhead.blogspot.com/2012/1 ... -jobs.html

Video From You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfUmEdD8p5U

00:00 – 11:00 Debate Coach for President Obama

11:10 – 12:31 Unemployment Rate Dropped Like it’s Hot

12:31 – End Ann Althouse, Prof. Down and Prof Mayer's Concerns. (Ann's Blog: www.althouse.blogspot.com)
Schabow
Forum God/Goddess

Re: RwP: Obama (Fail), Obama (Win) and Ann Althouse's Concer

Postby Meade » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:45 pm

"Just make it up. Make up your name, make up a phone number, make up an email address. That's what I've done before. It's not that big a deal." - Adam Schabow, teaching Civics 101 14:16 -14:51
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Schabow » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:44 pm

Meade wrote:"Just make it up. Make up your name, make up a phone number, make up an email address. That's what I've done before. It's not that big a deal." - Adam Schabow, teaching Civics 101 14:16 -14:51

I'm not teaching Civics. I'm just saying that of course Obama or Romney want contact information for a campaign rally. They need local people to canvass for them. Both sides do it.

My only point was that if you if you absolutely didn't want to put your contact information on the website, then just make it up. And yes, I have done it before. It's just a practical way of getting around "the system" if you will.

However, usually I do just put my name and 2nd email address. All that happens is you end up having to delete a few emails from your inbox if it's from a candidate that you don't support. I honestly just don't understand what the big deal was.

Also, I did receive an email from Ann and she stated that she was not a part of the letter that was sent to the University. There were some news organizations that got that wrong. I wanted to make sure that was clear.

Anyway, nice talking to you Meade.
Schabow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Schabow wrote:However, usually I do just put my name and 2nd email address. All that happens is you end up having to delete a few emails from your inbox if it's from a candidate that you don't support. I honestly just don't understand what the big deal was..

Let's not miss the point here, Adam. The administration of the university, a public institution supported largely with Wisconsin taxpayer dollars, colluded with the Obama political campaign. And then they aided that political campaign in manipulating students into handing over to the campaign the students' email addresses and phone numbers. To some of us, that is troubling.

Now, I understand how that is no big deal to someone who wants Mr. Obama reelected, drools at visions of Scott Walker's former staff being indicted for allegedly campaigning while on state time, and is proud of himself for lying about his name, phone number, and email address but only when it is in his self interest to do so. Not all of us share the same moral code or sense of ethics.

I get it.

Bad luck, Adam, in all your jackassery endeavors. No, I mean that sincerely. Bad luck, dude.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby other i » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:49 pm

"..Bad luck. I mean that seriously..."

Haha. Oh now you've done it. You've incurred the curse of the all powerful Meadie. Shit is going to rain down.

Bwa ha ha ha!

Hilarious.
other i
Forum Addict

Postby Schabow » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Meade wrote:
Now, I understand how that is no big deal to someone who wants Mr. Obama reelected, drools at visions of Scott Walker's former staff being indicted for allegedly campaigning while on state time, and is proud of himself for lying about his name, phone number, and email address but only when it is in his self interest to do so. Not all of us share the same moral code or sense of ethics.

I get it.

Bad luck, Adam, in all your jackassery endeavors. No, I mean that sincerely. Bad luck, dude.

If you think putting an incorrect email address on a contact form so you don't get contacted is some sort of test to one's moral compass, than yes, you got me.

Look, Downs, Mayer, Ann and yourself have a different view than mine about the Obama visit. If you think that is me being a jack ass, than once again, guilty as charged.

And let me tell you, this is the honest to God truth, I am not drooling over the possibility of our Governor getting indicted. I think it would be an embarrassment to our State for that to happen. Unfortunately, I think he probably is guilty, but we'll see what the findings are.

As a challenge from Ann, I plan to cover the John Doe Investigation for next week's RwP.
Schabow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Schabow » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Meade wrote: The administration of the university, a public institution supported largely with Wisconsin taxpayer dollars, colluded with the Obama political campaign. And then they aided that political campaign in manipulating students into handing over to the campaign the students' email addresses and phone numbers. To some of us, that is troubling.

I hardly call putting an Obama link on the UW website "colluding". Like I said, the Romney campaign is doing the same thing at other Universities all across this country. If he came to WI, I would have no problem with a state run college putting a Romney link on their website so students could get more info and fill out the contact form. Like I said in the video, whether it is Obama or Romney campaigning at the campus, it's the best civics lesson for a college student.

Look, we just have two different opinions on the subject.
Schabow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Phil » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Meade is accusing someone else of jackassery? LOL! Talk about it coming from the asses' mouth!
Phil
Forum Addict

Postby Meade » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:37 am

Here's another reason people like Adam might like to use a fake name and address:
Obama nears $1 billion after raising $181 million in Sept.
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012 ... 37690.html

And why Barack might have seemed distracted at last Wednesday night's candidates' debate:

Its really a tale of two worlds. 35k people gave an average of $2,600, while just over 1.7 million people gave an average of $53. Half the campaign's haul came from people giving around the maximum amount and half from people who don't have to be disclosed. Seems a bit odd.
The average of $53 from small donors is particularly noteworthy. Contributions under $200 don't have to be disclosed, but the campaign still has to keep track of the donor's name, in case subsequent donations push their contribution over the reporting threshold.
For contributions under $50, however, the campaign doesn't even have to keep track of the donor's name. It is effectively considered a "petty cash" donation. A person could theoretically make 10 $49 donations and never be reported, even though their total contributions are above the FEC's reporting threshold.
With an average donation of $53 from small donors, Obama has A LOT of donors who will never be disclosed and whose names aren't even known to the campaign. Tens of millions of dollars worth.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... reportable

Again:
The average of $53 from small donors is particularly noteworthy. Contributions under $200 don't have to be disclosed, but the campaign still has to keep track of the donor's name, in case subsequent donations push their contribution over the reporting threshold.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:43 am

Hi, Meade. Quick question. Are you in favor of public financing of presidential campaigns and elections?
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Schabow » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:52 am

Meade wrote:Here's another reason people like Adam might like to use a fake name and address:
Obama nears $1 billion after raising $181 million in Sept.
http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012 ... 37690.html

And why Barack might have seemed distracted at last Wednesday night's candidates' debate:

Its really a tale of two worlds. 35k people gave an average of $2,600, while just over 1.7 million people gave an average of $53. Half the campaign's haul came from people giving around the maximum amount and half from people who don't have to be disclosed. Seems a bit odd.
For contributions under $50, however, the campaign doesn't even have to keep track of the donor's name. It is effectively considered a "petty cash" donation. A person could theoretically make 10 $49 donations and never be reported, even though their total contributions are above the FEC's reporting threshold.
With an average donation of $53 from small donors, Obama has A LOT of donors who will never be disclosed and whose names aren't even known to the campaign. Tens of millions of dollars worth.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... reportable

Again:

What the hell are you talking about? Are you trying to imply that me occassionally putting an incorrect name or email address on a contact information page for a politician (Democrat or Republican) because I don't want to get contacted has to do with money? If so, that's a reach dude. A BIG reach.

Not that it matters, but I haven't given a dime to the Obama campaign as I am not happy with his trade policies and his weak support for labor.
Schabow
Forum God/Goddess

Postby rrnate » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:52 am

So to summarize, Meade is concerned about:

A) Collusion - clearly the UW didn't get charge Obama to show up on campus right? I mean, obviously they gave him this free space because they are communists. (Lots of RED in that crowd, am I right?)

B) $49 Campaign Donations - who ARE these big money hustlers? How many illegal promises had Barack Hussein Obama MADE for each Ulysses S. Grant anyway? What is he selling?

C) Schabow - this pants-less Obama mouthpiece has no ethics, no feel for the political middle ground (like salt of the earth and kept man Meade) and no pants. What's he hiding under that desk? WHAT IS HIS END GAME?

Also, this happened:

Meade wrote:Bad luck, Adam, in all your jackassery endeavors. No, I mean that sincerely. Bad luck, dude.

Things have gotten so bad, Meade has turned to the black arts. Somewhere, Jesus is crying.
rrnate
Forum God/Goddess

Postby Meade » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:07 am

TheBookPolice wrote:Hi, Meade. Quick question. Are you in favor of public financing of presidential campaigns and elections?

Hi, TheBookPolice. No, I am not in favor of public financing of presidential campaigns and elections.
Meade
Forum God/Goddess

Postby other i » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:19 am

Never mind. I'm done conversing with this guy.
other i
Forum Addict

Postby TheBookPolice » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:29 am

Quick follow-up for Meade. Are you in favor of increased regulation of campaign financing?
TheBookPolice
Forum God/Goddess

Next

Return to Local Politics & Government